Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Locker, Price or Browning

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Stanback and locker were the same QB, only racists (and titan GM) will disagree with me

You guys think way too highly of Price. When things were going well he strutted around waving his finger. When he got hit and we were getting killed by 30(routine) he limped around and had shitty body language.

Beating the Auburn/Bama of the world takes 2 things on O. Mobile qb and a big wideout who can get 50/50 balls. See Manziel, Watson etc. Your qb is going to get pressured so he better have an outlet he can throw it to who can make that 50/50 catch. Ty Jones can hopefully be that guy and looked like it in scrimmage I attended. Locker would keep Auburn off balance with run and can throw deep ball enough to keep them honest. Imagine Locker, Gaskin and Ahmed in backfield with Chico on fly sweeps. Would make Auburn defend the whole field.

Locker is a doog legend. Price is a HHB version of a doog legend. It's amazing that a giy who never won shit, wasn't a hard worker, and had very little natural talent is so revered by the group of fans who pretend tm have such high expectations. The Cal game in 2011 meant that much to you? Browning is shit. They all suck.

You are what your record shows. Browning has won more games and has the best single season, by far. Those are the facts.

No way man imagine Browning on those kp teams

Now imagine kp here now

Get it?
    dnc said:

Stanback and locker were the same QB, only racists (and titan GM) will disagree with me

Very true. And when I used to point that out, I'd get railed like a Nazi on a French whore.

Arguably an even better athlete. 10.4 and a cannon for an arm.
    Better athlete but still wasn't as good of a runner as Jake.

His arm was unreal though.
    I agree. He was obviously faster but didn't find or create openings as well.

I think Stanback was the better pure passer and had a better chance of being a good QB with more coaching. Ty's staff didn't do shit for their QBs and Gilby wanted him at receiver.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Locker is a doog legend. Price is a HHB version of a doog legend. It's amazing that a giy who never won shit, wasn't a hard worker, and had very little natural talent is so revered by the group of fans who pretend tm have such high expectations. The Cal game in 2011 meant that much to you? Browning is shit. They all suck.

You are what your record shows. Browning has won more games and has the best single season, by far. Those are the facts.

Now imagine kp here now

Get it?
    We wouldn't be any better. Price sucked. I truly have no idea why you
    guys pretend he was good.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Stanback was the biggest waste of talent ever

Still a legend, though.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Stanback was the biggest waste of talent ever

Still a legend, though.

I want my money back for that legend
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Now imagine kp here now

Get it?
    If you look at price's numbers paired with the talent around him to what browning has done with the staff/talent he has, thinking we? wouldn't be any better is ludicrous.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bigcc said:

Now imagine kp here now

Get it?
    If you look at price's numbers paired with the talent around him to what browning has done with the staff/talent he has, thinking we? wouldn't be any better is ludicrous.
    Price had Ross, asj, Kasen, sankey. That's 2 wins, 5star, 5 star, and 1st RB picked in the draft.

Coaching matters.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's not about the skill players. Price had a Sark ol in front of him.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Shane Fortney would lead these Dwags to the promise land.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Mosster47 said:

I'd marry Locker, fuck Price, and kill Browning.

That's what this shit thread was asking, right?

ooybe
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Very true. And when I used to point that out, I'd get railed like a Nazi on a French whore.

See 2:09

https://youtu.be/ywcD94gqxQM
    Something I never realized as many times as I've seen that play is IS threw that ball from the pocket. Most of the time QB's rollout to the Hail Mary side of the field before throwing it, especially on such a long one when they a) need to buy more time and b) need to get every yard they can out of their arm.

Stanback threw that ball from 25 yard line dead center of the field to damn near the sidelines on the opposite 5 yard.

Fucking cannon.
    That win came out of nowhere, UW actually beat Arizona by a few scores. Definitely rode the momentum of that throw.

UW is probably bowl eligible if IS doesn't tear his leg against Oregon State in 2006. That probably avoided a contract extension for Ty though, so it evened out I guess. Still one of the biggest wastes of talent in recent memory.
    Legendary tailback (and 12th man!) James Sims took over the second half IIRC
  • Options
    Caught something on the play on that Hail Mary video right after IS's throw I never noticed either.

Notice the scoreboard on the screen. lol

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

See 2:09

https://youtu.be/ywcD94gqxQM
    I don't know how that wasn't #1. All the other throws in the vid were 20 yards shorter and mostly slop. IS hit him in the face, in stride, from about 75 yards. I know there's some luck involved, but it would be hard to find a better throw than that one.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

You guys think way too highly of Price. When things were going well he strutted around waving his finger. When he got hit and we were getting killed by 30(routine) he limped around and had shitty body language.

Beating the Auburn/Bama of the world takes 2 things on O. Mobile qb and a big wideout who can get 50/50 balls. See Manziel, Watson etc. Your qb is going to get pressured so he better have an outlet he can throw it to who can make that 50/50 catch. Ty Jones can hopefully be that guy and looked like it in scrimmage I attended. Locker would keep Auburn off balance with run and can throw deep ball enough to keep them honest. Imagine Locker, Gaskin and Ahmed in backfield with Chico on fly sweeps. Would make Auburn defend the whole field.

Now imagine kp here now

Get it?
    thinking of locker on this team sounds like a formula for 7-6 to me. you jock sniffers for locker are amazing. nobody is saying price is great, but locker sucked.
    https://youtu.be/hnMFCBm-MOY

Now you're messing with a, a son of a bitch!
    I'm wasted in Nashville bandb can't stop watching this video. Jake fucked people up with his deceptive side to side. Damn I'm glad he didn't go to Oregon because under chip they would have popped off