Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rap Battle 90s Bracket Round 2 (NWA graduate edition): Ice Cube (3) vs Dr Dre (6)

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Rap Battle 90s Bracket Round 2 (NWA graduate edition): Ice Cube (3) vs Dr Dre (6) 26 votes

3. Ice Cube
38%
ThomasFremontRoadDawg55DeepSeaZdnc2001400exoregonblitzkriegbiak1Bad_MotherDuckerDoog_de_Jourjhfstyle24 10 votes
6. Dr. Dre
61%
SwayewhlinderMad_SongreenbloodGrundleStiltzkinseatownfunkIPukeOregonGrellowPitchfork51NEsnake12backthepackYellowSnowBaldwinIVDeepDawgRDRBlastDoorSyphilisButter 16 votes

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    3. Ice Cube
    This one pains me since I'll take Dre's best stuff over Cube's, but Dre's discography is just too light to give him the edge over Ice.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    6. Dr. Dre
    dnc said:

This one pains me since I'll take Dre's best stuff over Cube's, but Dre's discography is just too light to give him the edge over Ice.

But the best stuff is so good and has Snoop featured prominently.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    3. Ice Cube
    dnc said:

Exactly. Dre is more of a producer. He's good on the mic but prefers to drop the beats. Therefore it's cube.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2018
    6. Dr. Dre
    This one is tough. If I had to go with pure rap only resume, I'd take Cube. But Dre, is also a great rapper, but also had a bunch of influence on the genre through his beats and producing. I'm going with Dre because I think he had more influence in general.
    edited August 2018
    3. Ice Cube

This one is tough. If I had to go with pure rap only resume, I'd take Cube. But Dre, is also a great rapper, but also had a bunch of influence on the genre through his beats and producing. I'm going with Dre because I think he had more influence in general.

Very defensible position. Dre also gave the world Snoop and Eminem, I don't know that Ice Cube has had any discoveries nearly as significant as those two (actually hard to find anyone who can match those two proteges).
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    3. Ice Cube
    Cube is my fav rapper of all tim.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    6. Dr. Dre
    This is shaping up to be a hard fought battle where the Army of Alts might have to enter the fray.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    6. Dr. Dre
    The fact that Cube is wearing Mariner gear should also disqualify him.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    3. Ice Cube
    Dre sucks on the mic and has never even written his own stuff. As a rapper, I've Cube destroys him.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    6. Dr. Dre

Dre sucks on the mic and has never even written his own stuff. As a rapper, I've Cube destroys him.

But the sick beats.
    3. Ice Cube

I think Dre is the biggest rorschach test in the field rather easily. Both of these posts are completely valid. It's just about what you are looking for.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    6. Dr. Dre
    I dont care about their fucking rap skills. Dr Dre has tons of cool songs.
  • BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    6. Dr. Dre
    both are unremarkable white background noise
    3. Ice Cube
    Cube melts down and we finally lose a top 3 seed, Dre takes it 15-10