Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cuomo, democrats trying to put the NRA out of business

oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
The National Rifle Association (NRA) said it may not be able to hold rallies, meetings or conventions and could have to close down its streaming service, NRATV, and magazines as a result of what it calls a “blacklisting campaign” led by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo.

The organization says that that it will be "it will be unable to exist as a not-for-profit or pursue its advocacy mission" if Cuomo's "discrimination campaign," including "backroom exhortation and public threats," goes unchecked by the courts.

But a $7 million fine isn't enough to make a not-for-profit giant like the NRA go into the red. The other issue at play, according to the NRA, is that Cuomo and the New York State Department of Financial Services are working concurrently to deny the organization business and shut it down.

https://sputniknews.com/us/201808041066937888-Twitter-NRA-Going-Broke/

He looks like an evil pig. Why do these authoritarian democrats all look like Hannibal Lecter?

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2018
    Commies against America. They can't get on with their agenda unless we the people are disarmed.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    You sound scared.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,790
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,790
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    thoughts and prayers for their troubles though
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

It appears my Life Membership to the NRA now makes me an extremist. Good to know.

Being a member of GoA makes you a Nazi I'm hearing.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

It appears my Life Membership to the NRA now makes me an extremist. Good to know.

I think I'm going to upgrade to an endowment membership with this shit going on.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Swaye said:

I think I'm going to upgrade to an endowment membership with this shit going on.
    Pay more money!!!! Yeah buddy. Fight the power.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Turn in your guns comrade the state will protect you!
  • Options
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Hey ding dong, it isn't just the NRA ILA that matters. I participated in some Eddie the Eagle school age kids gun safety programs years ago. Also signed up as a shooting instructor for a JNROTC unit at a low income high school in Maryland. Was also a RSO and gun safety instructor for many years in WA state. All of it sponsored and paid for by the NRA. If you don't like the political message of the NRA, fine, people can disagree, but don't act like they don't do more to promote gun and hunting safety in this country than anyone else.

The NRA doesn't kill people. Planned Parenthood kills people.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The NRA used to be a respectable organization.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Hey ding dong, it isn't just the NRA ILA that matters. I participated in some Eddie the Eagle school age kids gun safety programs years ago. Also signed up as a shooting instructor for a JNROTC unit at a low income high school in Maryland. Was also a RSO and gun safety instructor for many years in WA state. All of it sponsored and paid for by the NRA. If you don't like the political message of the NRA, fine, people can disagree, but don't act like they don't do more to promote gun and hunting safety in this country than anyone else.

I have never argued against the NRA. I support the existence of the NRA and they do some really good things.

I do however disagree with some bullshit they peddle to rile up the base. I also think that they should be the ones who come up with some measures to reduce the number of people who die from guns. Rather than their "we actually need more guns for safety" mantra that their gun manufacturer lobby brings to the table.

Be in the best interest of the nation, not the gun manufacturers.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

I have never argued against the NRA. I support the existence of the NRA and they do some really good things.

I do however disagree with some bullshit they peddle to rile up the base. I also think that they should be the ones who come up with some measures to reduce the number of people who die from guns. Rather than their "we actually need more guns for safety" mantra that their gun manufacturer lobby brings to the table.

Be in the best interest of the nation, not the gun manufacturers.
    More guns save lives.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/06/florida-armed-bystander-stops-gunman-at-crowded-back-to-school-event-at-park-police-say.html

Banks and other members of industry are refusing to do business with the gun industry. They are locking them out of their accounts and taking a long time to release monies. This is a leftist strategy to deny freedoms as that is exactly what the left does. They are everything they accuse the right of being.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

dflea said:

Oh please list the reasons why they are not a respectful organization now?
    No. Go fuck yourself.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dflea said:

You used to be a respectable person. Wait, nevermind, you were always a stupid fucking piece of shit too dumb to realize you're signing your own rights away with your support of the leftist agenda.
  • Options

dflea said:

You used to be a respectable person. Wait, nevermind, you were always a stupid fucking piece of shit too dumb to realize you're signing your own rights away with your support of the leftist agenda.
    Awww. Pussy bleeding this week, Sally?
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Sounds like the NRA is doing their annual cash grab.