Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taylor Rapp

13»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Rapp looks pretty good. I'm not quite as sold as Coker though. High school competition is often overrated (an example is Gaskin vs Chris Warren. It was obvious Gaskin was better despite playing worse competition), but Rapp is playing against some bonafied bums. Of the in state commits, I like Wellington and Williams best. Rapp and Gilchrist both look pretty good, but are a cut below. IDGAF about the punter unless he really sucks. Then I hate him.

hahahaha
  • Options
    BaldwinIV said:

DIALED IN.

p.s. According to my calculations UW is 25-5 since TSIO Podcast premiered. When will the next one come out?

ngata war was lost, program shutting down.
  • Options
    HorrifyinglyAlluringHorrifyinglyAlluring Member Posts: 102
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

BaldwinIV said:

DIALED IN.

p.s. According to my calculations UW is 25-5 since TSIO Podcast premiered. When will the next one come out?

ngata war was lost, program shutting down.

i trust the coaches podcasters
  • Options
    HorrifyinglyAlluringHorrifyinglyAlluring Member Posts: 102
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Gladstone said:

I was stalking him on instagram recently and he posted two clips of his games so far this year. In one of the clips I am pretty sure he murdered a player on the field with a hit.

The High school ref through a flag because the hit (which was perfectly legal) was so violent. When the flag hit the ground Rapp celebrated. I ordered new sweatpants online 10 seconds later. This guy is going to be a monster.

(this one completely stemmed USC's momentum and should have been a titanic turning point if we didn't have a noodle-armed pants shitting retard at QB. such an insanely clutch play that has been forgotten to time because of browning/smith

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Rapp was not as electrifying last year. Notice almost all those pics are from 2016.

I hope he can disrupt more plays/get more turnovers this year now that he is lighter
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    BaldwinIV said:

Rapp was not as electrifying last year. Notice almost all those pics are from 2016.

I hope he can disrupt more plays/get more turnovers this year now that he is lighter

that other rapp NFL scout thread covered this, he was playing way more on the LOS in '17 and in a different role, kinda like budda in '16

gothca. I wouldve noticed something like that if I didn't hate 81% of the '17 season
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    BaldwinIV said:

that other rapp NFL scout thread covered this, he was playing way more on the LOS in '17 and in a different role, kinda like budda in '16
    This is his best position. It allows him to erase slot receivers, murder people in the run and screen game, and (once in a blue moon) come off the edge on blitzes. Hoping Jimmy No Balls will call more blitzes that Kwiatkowsi did.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Rapp reminds me a lot of Earl Thomas.
  • Options

Rapp reminds me a lot of Earl Thomas.

John lynch too
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2018
    Rapp is gonna hit sum mother fucker so hard this year and they will go full retard
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Gladstone said:

I was stalking him on instagram recently and he posted two clips of his games so far this year. In one of the clips I am pretty sure he murdered a player on the field with a hit.

The High school ref through a flag because the hit (which was perfectly legal) was so violent. When the flag hit the ground Rapp celebrated. I ordered new sweatpants online 10 seconds later. This guy is going to be a monster.

(this one completely stemmed USC's momentum and should have been a titanic turning point if we didn't have a noodle-armed pants shitting retard at QB. such an insanely clutch play that has been forgotten to time because of browning/smith
    Pretty sure Rogers just tripped up and the ball was thrown right to Rapp, but still fuck Jake for shitting the momentum away.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Rapp is gonna hit sum mother fucker so hard this year and they will go full retard

And will be subsequently suspended by the pac 12.
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

Gladstone said:

Pretty sure Rogers just tripped up and the ball was thrown right to Rapp, but still fuck Jake for shitting the momentum away.
    Rogers tripped up because Rapp beat him to the spot and made a heckuva catch when the game seemed slipping. Suddenly we had the ball on SC side of the field and the crowd was going absolutely bonkers. Fuck Browning and fuck this thread for making me remember that game.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Rapp looks pretty good. I'm not quite as sold as Coker though. High school competition is often overrated (an example is Gaskin vs Chris Warren. It was obvious Gaskin was better despite playing worse competition), but Rapp is playing against some bonafied bums. Of the in state commits, I like Wellington and Williams best. Rapp and Gilchrist both look pretty good, but are a cut below. IDGAF about the punter unless he really sucks. Then I hate him.

hahahaha
    This is hardly a smoking gun. It’s not like he said Rapp sucks. We’ve all made much worse TBS calls than this.