Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

37 of 42 writers pick UW to win Pac-12 championship

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

I've blocked the Stanford game from memory

Didn't feel good so watched in my hotel with no DVR so Stanford would get 8 third down conversions and keep the ball for 8 minutes. Then 5 minutes of commercials. Then the DAWGS go three and out as Browning loses 27 yards.

Lather rinse repeat

Jake Browning has single handedly brought me back to being a raging angry fan. Started with The Pick against Bama

Our third down defense that game was awful. I was there at the game. If we stopped just half of those third downs, we would have won.
    Turning poont of the game was not converting on 4th down inside the 20, second quarter I think. All went to shit after that. Even a field goal there would have made a 3 score gayme and completely changed the dynamic.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2018
    I was wrong it was 14-7 then. But here's where it all goes to shit. Bacchanalia jumps off on 3rd & short. 45:30 if the clip doesn't start at the right tim.
    https://youtu.be/ruTgpAs6p7M?t=45m30s
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

I was wrong it was 14-7 then. But here's where it all goes to shit. Bacchanalia jumps off on 3rd & short. 45:30 if the clip doesn't start at the right tim.

You are a glutton for punishment going back and rewatching it. I respect that.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

You are a glutton for punishment going back and rewatching it. I respect that.
    "Do ya dig masochism at all?"
    "Huh?"
    "Do ya dig gettin' beatin'?"
    "Well I never tried that."
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I don't know why this isn't mentioned more around here, but we kicked away the P12N last year.

We scored 7 points on the road at ASU and fucking blew our shot at back to back P12N titles.

I don't get why people are not more incensed by that... maybe it's because we are still in the 'well, we had a good year' fucking bullshit Doog stage of our recovery.

That game is basically just about as bad as the UCLA '90 game.

We haven't proven anything. We finished 2nd in the fucking P12N with the best team. Great coaching job!

You want to know why we finished second with the best team and clearly the best defense?

It has to do with our offense.

Anyone who doesn't think that's a concern is a fucking moron.

Sounds like you're saying UW wins that national championship this season.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2018

I don't know why this isn't mentioned more around here, but we kicked away the P12N last year.

We scored 7 points on the road at ASU and fucking blew our shot at back to back P12N titles.

I don't get why people are not more incensed by that... maybe it's because we are still in the 'well, we had a good year' fucking bullshit Doog stage of our recovery.

That game is basically just about as bad as the UCLA '90 game.

We haven't proven anything. We finished 2nd in the fucking P12N with the best team. Great coaching job!

You want to know why we finished second with the best team and clearly the best defense?

It has to do with our offense.

Anyone who doesn't think that's a concern is a fucking moron.

As you yourself have stated on the pod many times Pete is doing it 95% right and 5% is FS. That being said name me a coach in America who's doing it 100% right with no % of FS? Event the all time greats fuck up at minimum 1 game per year for inexplicable reasons. We're gonna fuck up 1 game this year too in the conference. Just don't know which one. I'll let you guys know in Nov.
    The 5% is simply his love affair with less talented, heady, try-hard white guys because that's who he was as a player. I won't be surprised if Matt James is actually the starter against Auburn instead of Bainivalu. Pete just can't help himself.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Jake Browning has single handedly brought me back to being a raging angry fan. Started with The Pick against Bama

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Regardless of whether we want to believe it or not, there’s a pretty big gap between UW and everybody else in the conference

How it plays out on the field is another story
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Regardless of whether we want to believe it or not, there’s a pretty big gap between UW and everybody else in the conference

How it plays out on the field is another story

So you saying there is world where we would be better off without Pete?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Two titles in three years

#Elite

When Oregon won three in four years you said they weren't elite. Chinteresting.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2018
    Last year, against us, Stanford and Penn State went 25/37 on 3rd and 4th down (credit to @AIRWOLF for telling me this during a sext session)

We are a fucking weak-minded bunch of losers until we aren't.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Last year, against us, Stanford and Penn State went 25/37 on 3rd and 4th down (credit to @AIRWOLF for telling me this) during a sext session.

Well now that Vea is gone you guys should be ace on 3rd & 4th and short yardage.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Last year, against us, Stanford and Penn State went 25/37 on 3rd and 4th down (credit to @AIRWOLF for telling me this during a sext session)

Yeah caz edge recruiting is not important
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    2016 was fairly similar, no?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2018
    AIRWOLF said:

The Husky defense allowed only 33% conversion on 3rd and 4th down in 2016, but slipped to 40% (which isn't horrible, but isn't great either) overall in 2017. The Stanford and Penn State games accounted for most of that slippage. (None of these numbers are scrubbed for garbage time, which is really necessary to make a truly accurate comparison)

Allowing 68% conversions over a two game stretch is really bad. Against Stanford, being without both starting corners certainly didn't help at all. Penn State, on the other hand, just managed to systematically pick apart the defense by repeatedly targeting the weakest links. Moorhead and McSorley were really, really awesome together last season, but that is still indicative of a problem with the defense.

More pass rush certainly wouldn't hurt.

I have some theories on this and will try to look into this weekend ... if you could post the 3rd down numbers by game that’d be really helpful
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have never seen the 2017 UW stanford game without A) drinking a full marijuana infused soda B) smoking 1-2 joints and C) drinking multiple craft beers of the 6-7.5% abv type and D) listening to the Softy pregame show where he smugly interviews the Stanford radio guy like we we're going to effortlessly roll them