Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

$12 billion bailout for farmers

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    89ute said:

Deserves own thread? (It was talked about in another thread).

Summary of those responses? trade wars are a good thing. After all, trump announced today that he “loves tariffs.” Probably as much as he loves the poorly educated. Further, Troomps approve of welfare for US farmers, and having the federal government, not the free market, determine economic outcomes.

Explain to this poorly educated Trumptard this free market thing you speak of. See, I thought all along that other countries were tariffing the fuck out of imported US goods into their countries, if they even allowed them at all, while the good ole US and A imposed comparatively no tariffs at all.

I guess I need to be around more smart people like you.
    Yes all the countries are robbing poor old US of A.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    USMChawk said:

What a waste of money. Could have used that for the wall.

I like how you pussies completely let Trump off the hook for promising Mexico would pay for the wall.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    89ute said:

Summary of those responses? trade wars are a good thing. After all, trump announced today that he “loves tariffs.” Probably as much as he loves the poorly educated. Further, Troomps approve of welfare for US farmers, and having the federal government, not the free market, determine economic outcomes.

Explain to this poorly educated Trumptard this free market thing you speak of. See, I thought all along that other countries were tariffing the fuck out of imported US goods into their countries, if they even allowed them at all, while the good ole US and A imposed comparatively no tariffs at all.

Ok,
    The US has led the 70 year post war effort to reduce tariffs barriers and establish a rule-based trading system. From gatt to wto, impediments to free trade have gradually and incrementally been reduced. Not eliminated but reduced to levels that have unleashed massive global prosperity. The biggest winner has been the US. America’s comparative advantage in high value added goods and services has created unprecedented wealth and prosperity. Us comparative advantage lies in skills and education. We create massive wealth and in return open our markets to low value added shit made elsewhere. It’s win-win with rules for adjudicating disputes.

Retreating from the system we built and prosper from, to protect obsolete low value goods created by unskilled and uneducated laggards, is the height of ignorance. Self defeatism at its core. Trumpism at its finest.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

89ute said:

Ok,
    The US has led the 70 year post war effort to reduce tariffs barriers and establish a rule-based trading system. From gatt to wto, impediments to free trade have gradually and incrementally been reduced. Not eliminated but reduced to levels that have unleashed massive global prosperity. The biggest winner has been the US. America’s comparative advantage in high value added goods and services has created unprecedented wealth and prosperity. Us comparative advantage lies in skills and education. We create massive wealth and in return open our markets to low value added shit made elsewhere. It’s win-win with rules for adjudicating disputes.

Retreating from the system we built and prosper from, to protect obsolete low value goods created by unskilled and uneducated laggards, is the height of ignorance. Self defeatism at its core. Trumpism at its finest.
    What a crock of Bullshit!
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2018

89ute said:

Ok,

I don't see steel, aluminum, and autos as low value-added shit. All the shit in Walmart, yeah. Nike shoes, yeah, let Chinese kids make them. But when China has a world market share on steel of 47% it's a problem. Now if China could "fairly" produce steel cheaper than the rest of the world, so be it, let them prosper and profit from it. But they don't, it's state-sponsored.

I agree with what you're saying, but some of us think it has gone too far and needs to be rebalanced. There is a hell of a lot of global prosperity out there and those that are prospering, in my opinion, are not giving back like America has. Like China. Those motherfuckers need a tune up.

Get America humming along again, paychecks and prosperity for everyone then we can get back to this fixing the world shit.

I'm on the side that believes it's okay to take a step back, get your house in order, then get back to fixing everybody else.
  • Options
    89ute said:

89ute said:

Ok,

I don't see steel, aluminum, and autos as low value-added shit. All the shit in Walmart, yeah. Nike shoes, yeah, let Chinese kids make them. But when China has a world market share on steel of 47% it's a problem. Now if China could "fairly" produce steel cheaper than the rest of the world, so be it, let them prosper and profit from it. But they don't, it's state-sponsored.

I agree with what you're saying, but some of us think it has gone too far and needs to be rebalanced. There is a hell of a lot of global prosperity out there and those that are prospering, in my opinion, are not giving back like America has. Like China. Those motherfuckers need a tune up.

Get America humming along again, paychecks and prosperity for everyone then we can get back to this fixing the world shit.

I'm on the side that believes it's okay to take a step back, get your house in order, then get back to fixing everybody else.
    Fuck the steel industry, bring on cheap Chinese steel. Free market.
  • Options

89ute said:

Ok,

Stop being factual. Free market conservatives hate the free market when Trump tells them to.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    89ute said:

89ute said:

Ok,

Well you're also basically a Nazi now.
  • Options
    89ute said:

89ute said:

Ok,

How exactly are tariffs going get America humming along with paychecks and prosperity for everyone?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639

89ute said:

89ute said:

Ok,

Doesn't work well when we are at war with china or one of it's allies and have no steel or aluminum plants. This is a strategic industry that we must maintain.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

Ok,

Doesn't work well when we are at war with china or one of it's allies and have no steel or aluminum plants. This is a strategic industry that we must maintain.
    Fuck off commie.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    How is he going to pay for this?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    Sledog said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

Ok,

No land war in Asia. Even Trump has seen Princess Bride. If not Mad Dog knows this.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    Swaye's Wigwam

With tariffs
  • Options

With tariffs
    And who pays the tariffs?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    Swaye's Wigwam

How can we bail out farmers if Willie won't pay his taxes?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

With tariffs
    And who pays the tariffs?
    Lighten up Francis
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We should get rid of all our tariffs and let China and the rest keep theirs
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573

Sledog said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

Ok,

No land war in Asia. Even Trump has seen Princess Bride. If not Mad Dog knows this.
    How can you fight a country when every citizen is legimately a ninja
  • Options

We should get rid of all our tariffs and let China and the rest keep theirs

Agreed. I like cheap goods.