Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cameron Williams, 2019 4* DB, Bakersfield (HS), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    TTJ said:

Tequilla said:

TL, DR version: Either way it will be interesting

You clearly don’t get being ironical
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

Baseman said:

Mosster47 said:

Former Oregon commit, Cameron Williams is set to announce his college decision on Wednesday of next week, and barring any surprises, here’s where it looks like this is heading.

Williams has been relatively quiet since he reported to garyfromteenmom.geocities.realdawg.com that he planned to announce on the 25th, but we get lots of bits and pieces of info from those around his recruitment.

Williams later went on Twitter (after our initial report) and listed a Top 5, along with the set-date for his announcement.

By all accounts, you could say that this one is all Washington and that he will pick the Huskies over USC, and others on his list. But I have some concerns…

** First off, Williams told me that he was going to take an unofficial visit to USC on July 25th, which would be the same day he announces his decision.

** Secondly, he now says he’s planning to have an announcement gathering locally in Bakersfield with friends and family — there hasn’t been any word of this being televised on any local stations in California, but a local guy making a local announcement would make you think he’s…staying local.

** Of course, one could argue that he has not visited USC officially yet, but he’s been there several times before and knows the coaches and the lay of the land.

Believe me — I’m not trying to be a buzzkill here and am not saying he’s going to USC, but I am simply stating that you can’t make any assumptions here. But if you want to flip the script, here’s where Washington is standing for Williams.

** Williams did decommit shortly after Washington offered. It was a true game-changer in every sense of the word for him. One of the reasons he regretted the Oregon commitment was that he didn’t feel it had enough to offer him academically.

** Washington did have that last official visit before Dead Period began. USC was trying hard to get him to visit on that weekend and Williams, instead, opted to go to Seattle.

** When Asa Turner committed to Washington, one of the congratulatory calls he received was from Cameron Williams’ father. He wanted to tell Turner he was happy for him in his decision to go to Washington and excited about it.

** If Williams had truly wanted to be a Trojan all along, why did he still commit to Oregon? He has had that offer from USC for a long time, and he had the chance to pursue it before he was offered by and committed to Oregon.

In Summary

More may come out over the next couple of days about how Williams is going to release his decision. It’s possible the family/friends gathering is just to celebrate the decision after the fact. He had told me he was going to announce it on Twitter — so this could just mean zero in the equation.

But I am not so quick to be pollyanna here — while I believe Washington has had the inside track with Williams, I’m not 100% convinced as of right now. My feeling is that it’s 50/50 with USC.

Stay tuned…

-Gar

Williams decommitted from Oregon because he wasn't getting on the field. They have six guy on the roster now that are freshman or sophomores, and two more 4-star guys committed to be in his same class with the possibility of Jayvaun Wilson going to defe

Mosster47 said:

Former Oregon commit, Cameron Williams is set to announce his college decision on Wednesday of next week, and barring any surprises, here’s where it looks like this is heading.

Williams has been relatively quiet since he reported to garyfromteenmom.geocities.realdawg.com that he planned to announce on the 25th, but we get lots of bits and pieces of info from those around his recruitment.

Williams later went on Twitter (after our initial report) and listed a Top 5, along with the set-date for his announcement.

By all accounts, you could say that this one is all Washington and that he will pick the Huskies over USC, and others on his list. But I have some concerns…

** First off, Williams told me that he was going to take an unofficial visit to USC on July 25th, which would be the same day he announces his decision.

** Secondly, he now says he’s planning to have an announcement gathering locally in Bakersfield with friends and family — there hasn’t been any word of this being televised on any local stations in California, but a local guy making a local announcement would make you think he’s…staying local.

** Of course, one could argue that he has not visited USC officially yet, but he’s been there several times before and knows the coaches and the lay of the land.

Believe me — I’m not trying to be a buzzkill here and am not saying he’s going to USC, but I am simply stating that you can’t make any assumptions here. But if you want to flip the script, here’s where Washington is standing for Williams.

** Williams did decommit shortly after Washington offered. It was a true game-changer in every sense of the word for him. One of the reasons he regretted the Oregon commitment was that he didn’t feel it had enough to offer him academically.

** Washington did have that last official visit before Dead Period began. USC was trying hard to get him to visit on that weekend and Williams, instead, opted to go to Seattle.

** When Asa Turner committed to Washington, one of the congratulatory calls he received was from Cameron Williams’ father. He wanted to tell Turner he was happy for him in his decision to go to Washington and excited about it.

** If Williams had truly wanted to be a Trojan all along, why did he still commit to Oregon? He has had that offer from USC for a long time, and he had the chance to pursue it before he was offered by and committed to Oregon.

In Summary

More may come out over the next couple of days about how Williams is going to release his decision. It’s possible the family/friends gathering is just to celebrate the decision after the fact. He had told me he was going to announce it on Twitter — so this could just mean zero in the equation.

But I am not so quick to be pollyanna here — while I believe Washington has had the inside track with Williams, I’m not 100% convinced as of right now. My feeling is that it’s 50/50 with USC.

Stay tuned…

-Gar

Williams decommitted from Oregon because he wasn't getting on the field.
    USC and UW want him, but Oregonian doesn't care. Smart logic.
    UW wanting someone means dick. You've had one good year in 20. USC wanting an LA kid is like wet water.

He commits to Oregon, Criddel jumps on and he jumps off. Then you throw in who is already on the roster, the two highest rated safeties from Cali coming in this year and it's pretty easy to tell.
    Great evaluation as always.

If Williams went to Oregon, he immediately becomes the best safety on the roster the day he arrives.

Here is some bump material for ya. If Williams picks UW, he’s here three years max, enters the draft, and then mentioned in the same breath with Peoples, Smith, Pahukoa, Milloy, Akbar, Baker, and Rapp.
    World class pressing here.
    You have the only screen shot you need
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    #notOregon

We full at S
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Overnight Roof update:

She uses a lot of ;) when talking about him so either he’s coming to UW or she just really really likes bald men

He will be making his decision tomorrow night at 7PM at a theatre (presumably not an adult the

It will be live streamed

Here is the big one: “Williams said he will be doing the “hat trick”, and the five hats on the table will be those schools that made his top 5: Washington, USC, Oregon, Nebraska, and Oklahoma.”

HAT. ON. THE. TABLE.

Greatest entertainer of all time.

AZDuck said:

#notOregon

We full at S

Yes his decommitment gave you room to take a lesser player.
    DPOTW
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

#notOregon

We full at S

DPOTW
    Don't know what this acronym means. But I do know I love watching UW flip Oregon commits.

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

#notOregon

We full at S

DPOTW
    Don't know what this acronym means. But I do know I love watching UW flip Oregon commits.
    You keep topping youre own DPOTWs. I can't keep up
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

#notOregon

We full at S

DPOTW
    Wooooo yeah 108-24 baby! Go Dawgs! Oregon sucks.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

#notOregon

We full at S

DPOTW
    At times like this there's really only one thing to say.

FREE HARV!
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

#notOregon

We full at S

DPOTW
    At times like this there's really only one thing to say.

FREE HARV!
    WOOOOOOOO! GO DAWGS BABY! GET YOU SOME OF THAT! WOOOOOO!