Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Show your support for what this community means to you:


Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)



Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.

2019, 2020 and 2021 In-State (with all hudls)

1235

Comments

  • AF9705AF9705 Posts: 85
    100 Awesomes 100 Up Votes 10 Comments Name Dropper
    I am following the Gee Scott recruitment, & Washington & ND are the two schools recruiting him the hardest. From his own account, ND talks to him the most.
    He is the 54th overall player in the country (Composite 97.53) and lives 20 minutes from UW’s campus.
    He said he talks every week with ND 2020 QB commit Drew Pyne. Also his father is from Chicago & played college ball in Indiana.
    I think this will be a ND/UW battle, but I’m a little surprised that UW isn’t giving him more attention? ND is all over him.
    JackCadillacUW_Doog_Bot
  • AF9705AF9705 Posts: 85
    100 Awesomes 100 Up Votes 10 Comments Name Dropper
    animate said:

    my uninformed guess? in the gee scott jr recruitment?

    here it is:

    petersen and uw probably think quite highly of gee jr but there are some things that hold the recruitment back.

    - gee sr has been vocal in past but lately he's been relatively quiet (that's good). petersen is a total program control freak. he really doesn't like or tolerate much any external sources grabbing control or influence unless it's unavoidable (see tracy ford etc ...)
    - unless it's someone like kalepo who is worth the extra rope to allow him to recruit for uw. big nate is more important for recruiting efforts than many realize outside of HH .... and so petersen allows kalepo to do stuff like visit USC and talk like he's still enjoying the process. when UW approaches recruiting in all positions like we have for the secondary you'll probably see alot less rope given.
    - evidence has been seen of petersen trying to maintain bridges with the local talent programs. how good he's doing is still up for debate.
    - we don't really know how much attention or "fucking" is happening unless you are at petersen's office with the assistant coaches ... and ruth doesn't count.
    - because of all the factors involved ...we're seeing alot more "slow playing" of hands for local athletes than it would seem for some 3* dude from buttfuck nowhere or some 3* dude from a recruiting stronghold elsewhere. even though people complain bitterly that we aren't attempting to lock up local high end athletes immediately and allowing external schools like alabama and clemson get a foothold ...
    - petersen is actually cognizant of his benefit/cost ratio of recruiting to a degree. that's why he offered and took the commitment of gaard memmelaar because he was probably comfortable that this kid wasn't going to get all starry eyed with the recruiting process and shit and represented a likely low chance to flip despite being a 2020 kid. Resources can be spent elsewhere and little resources for maintenance (unlike whatshisname the receiver). also, petersen was probably pretty scarred and learned alot about big boy recruiting from the marlon situation which spills over further into his recruiting philosphy.

    fuck, i'm starting to sound like tequilla ... anyways, some random thoughts thrown out there.

    in the end, scott jr is being slow(er) played because of many reasons, justified or not.

    I’m guessing since he is a 2020 kid & 20 minutes away they can take their time, unlike ND who needs to get in early.
    If UW decided they want to visit him now, they can just hop in their car & go to his house for dinner. ND has to plan it out a month in advance.
    Also interesting is he & his dad flew out last season to see ND play Miami of Ohio (Miami of Ohio? LOL) as fans. It wasn’t a visit, just wanted to go to a ND home game.
    He did mention he is wants to make a decision but is waiting to have more communication with other teams before he decides anything.
    JackCadillacUW_Doog_Botbackthepack
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Posts: 1,558
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    AF9705 said:

    animate said:

    my uninformed guess? in the gee scott jr recruitment?

    here it is:

    petersen and uw probably think quite highly of gee jr but there are some things that hold the recruitment back.

    - gee sr has been vocal in past but lately he's been relatively quiet (that's good). petersen is a total program control freak. he really doesn't like or tolerate much any external sources grabbing control or influence unless it's unavoidable (see tracy ford etc ...)
    - unless it's someone like kalepo who is worth the extra rope to allow him to recruit for uw. big nate is more important for recruiting efforts than many realize outside of HH .... and so petersen allows kalepo to do stuff like visit USC and talk like he's still enjoying the process. when UW approaches recruiting in all positions like we have for the secondary you'll probably see alot less rope given.
    - evidence has been seen of petersen trying to maintain bridges with the local talent programs. how good he's doing is still up for debate.
    - we don't really know how much attention or "fucking" is happening unless you are at petersen's office with the assistant coaches ... and ruth doesn't count.
    - because of all the factors involved ...we're seeing alot more "slow playing" of hands for local athletes than it would seem for some 3* dude from buttfuck nowhere or some 3* dude from a recruiting stronghold elsewhere. even though people complain bitterly that we aren't attempting to lock up local high end athletes immediately and allowing external schools like alabama and clemson get a foothold ...
    - petersen is actually cognizant of his benefit/cost ratio of recruiting to a degree. that's why he offered and took the commitment of gaard memmelaar because he was probably comfortable that this kid wasn't going to get all starry eyed with the recruiting process and shit and represented a likely low chance to flip despite being a 2020 kid. Resources can be spent elsewhere and little resources for maintenance (unlike whatshisname the receiver). also, petersen was probably pretty scarred and learned alot about big boy recruiting from the marlon situation which spills over further into his recruiting philosphy.

    fuck, i'm starting to sound like tequilla ... anyways, some random thoughts thrown out there.

    in the end, scott jr is being slow(er) played because of many reasons, justified or not.

    I’m guessing since he is a 2020 kid & 20 minutes away they can take their time, unlike ND who needs to get in early.
    If UW decided they want to visit him now, they can just hop in their car & go to his house for dinner. ND has to plan it out a month in advance.
    Also interesting is he & his dad flew out last season to see ND play Miami of Ohio (Miami of Ohio? LOL) as fans. It wasn’t a visit, just wanted to go to a ND home game.
    He did mention he is wants to make a decision but is waiting to have more communication with other teams before he decides anything.
    There have also been some rumors of a poor attitude by JR that could also be playing a factor. I think specifically it’s been alleged that he yelled at a coach for taking him out of a game. I have no idea if that is true or not but we all know Petersen hates shit like that so it’s been speculated that could be playing a role in his recruitment. The ol’ waiting for him to mature bullshit.
    backthepack
  • animateanimate Posts: 1,078
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    I think what we do know about Petersen is that he has no problem passing on talent if they don't fit his okg shit. Although he's certainly made concessions in the past it seems.

    He has more leverage now at UW (or so he thinks) so I can see him waiting Scott Jr out. But many here at HH think he's playing a dangerous game with all the talent coming up in the next few years. Whatever, trust the coaches as DDY says.
    backthepackEdwin_Bambino
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Posts: 982
    250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes 500 Comments
    Slick Willie just fucking with Coach Pete by offering 8th graders
    UW_Doog_BotdncEdwin_Bambino
  • DomicilloDomicillo Posts: 179
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Up Votes 250 Awesomes 100 Comments

    Slick Willie just fucking with Coach Pete by offering 8th graders

    Where’s the OKG Jr. Program Pete?
    Neighbor2972
  • dncdnc Posts: 36,688
    Standard Supporter 25000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary
    Domicillo said:

    Slick Willie just fucking with Coach Pete by offering 8th graders

    Where’s the OKG Jr. Program Pete?
    OKg
    GrundleStiltzkinRDRguntlovebackthepack
  • dncdnc Posts: 36,688
    Standard Supporter 25000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary

    dnc said:

    Domicillo said:

    Slick Willie just fucking with Coach Pete by offering 8th graders

    Where’s the OKG Jr. Program Pete?
    OKg

    But now I'm a big G
    GrundleStiltzkin
  • Slick Willie just fucking with Coach Pete by offering 8th graders

    SARK....SARK...SARK
    backthepack
  • Huffman on USC offering Latu and Simon:

    "These are the 2nd and 3rd freshman that USC has offered in Washington already from the 2021 class, along with JT Tuimoloau who is the top freshman in the state, and they're already making a big impression on JT.

    They're also keeping an eye on Sam Huard, the National Freshman of the Year who they watched throw on Monday.

    USC isn't wasting any time offering these guys, who will easily be national recruits."



    This horse has been beaten to death already, but I feel like getting a few kicks in.

    Now, I'm not saying that @Dennis_DeYoung 's alcohol fueled rants have legs..... But DDY's alcohol fueled rants have legs.

    USC is offering our? elite in-state kids well before UW does. Why? BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING ELITE! Huffman said it plain and simple, they're going to be national recruits, so why waste time? Get in early and make it known you want them.

    At least Pete has offered Tuimoloau right? Listen, I love that UW is selective with their offers. Seeing that Oregon has offered nearly 300 does give me a nice chuckle. Kids believe that a UW offer "means something". I also realize you don't want to offer too many kids early that might jump on offers and you're stuck with them because you won't boot them. But that isn't a fucking thing when the kids are... wait for it.... ELITE!!!!!

    But if you can't see the elite kids in your back yard are going to have literally everyone after them and you need to have them thinking to themselves "I love all these offers but UW is the hometown team, and they were MY FIRST OFFER"..... then I can't fucking help you.




    One final tangent:

    We may all laugh at Helton because he's a shitty coach and for all we know shit will fall apart without Darnold. But can we at least agree that he is seeing what is happening up north, saw that UW flipped Tuli and got Kaho and got Irvin, and is saying "Fuck that shit".

    USC is coming for our lunch and here is the proof:



    Per Huffman, "USC QB coach Bryan Ellis was by Sammamish (Wash.) Eastside Catholic to watch a number of players they've offered including 2020 WR Gee Scott, 2020 DB Ayden Hector, 2020 TE D.J. Rogers and 2021 DE J.T. Tuimoloau, plus they watched 2020 RB Sam Adams."


    2021 Class

    - JT Tuimoloau - USC Offer, UW Offer (Hey we did this one right and were the first!)

    - Julien "I'm 28" Simon - USC Offer, No UW Offer

    - Will Latu - USC Offer, No UW Offer

    - Sam Huard - No USC Offer (but they're already on him per Huffman), No UW Offer

    - Emeka Egbuka - No USC Offer, No UW Offer, but FSU and both Oregon schools have so USC will before UW


    2020 Class

    - Gee Scott Jr - USC Offer, No UW Offer, Half the Pac-12 has offered, ND Offer

    - DJ "I'm 35" Rogers - USC Offer, No UW Offer, Nebraska + Utah + ASU + LSU + Arkansas have all offered

    - Ayden Hector - USC Offer, No UW Offer, Cal + Zona + Oregon have all offered

    - Sam Adams - No USC Offer, No UW Offer, Cal + Zona have offered and USC was talking to him because he's a part of a core 4 at EC

    - Geirean Hatchett - USC Offer, UW Offer (We got a second one right!), Half the Pac-12 has offered, Half the Big-12 has offered, etc., he's really good

    - Sav'ell Smalls - USC Offer, UW Offer (We got a third one right!), Everyone including your mom has offered


    So of the 11 elite kids sitting in our? backyard, we? have offered just 3 of the kids, and that's only because they are the no brainer 5* kids that you have no choice but to offer.

    Meanwhile USC has only NOT offered 3 of the kids. And those 3 USC are all evaluating now and will be offering soon.


    Recap:

    2020 and 2021 Elite prospects in Washington State

    UW has offered 3 of 11

    USC has offered 8 of 11



    Coach Pete may run circles around Clay as a coach, but Clay is opening our fridge and plans on eating what he wants while Pete just looks at him and is nervous to tell him he can't do that.

    If you can't see that, then I can't fucking help you with that either.

    Just don’t @ this message to Coach Pete. He’s really sensitive for a coach... blocks people really fast. Oh well.
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Posts: 111
    250 Awesomes 100 Comments 100 Up Votes First Anniversary

    Slick Willie just fucking with Coach Pete by offering 8th graders

    SARK....SARK...SARK
    Too bad Willie will be fired 3 years before this kid can play college ball.
  • Sam Adams, who’s brother plays for ASU, will be at this weekend’s game as a UW unofficial visitor.
    NorwegianHuskyHillsboroDuckbackthepack
  • Sam Adams, who’s brother plays for ASU, will be at this weekend’s game as a UW unofficial visitor.

    OFFER. If there was ever a position we can’t slow play in state this is it. We aren’t getting multiple better players out of state.

    OFFER HIM
    guntlovebackthepackDoogCouricsNorwegianHusky
Sign In or Register to comment.