Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Festivus Pole in Madison Wisconsin...

2»

Comments

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

Wow, this thread turned out better than I ever imagined it would based on the original topic.

Disagree

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Take this to superiority court.

PRedoubt said:

ACLU vs Allegheny County pretty much answers the religious displays at public buildings question.

Supreme Court case superiority guy.

From a guy who attacks little girls with Festivus Poles? Consider yourself added to my list of grievances.

BTW, your citation form is wrong. The case is County of Allegheny v. American Civil Liberties Union, Greater Pittsburgh Chapter, 492 U.S. 573, (1989). Holding that, "[a] creche display has that unconstitutional effect, but [we] reverse the Court of Appeals' judgment regarding the menorah display".

Considering that it was a 5-4 decision from 1989, with Kennedy writing for the dissent, I wouldn't push it. It would very likely be overturned if a similar case came up for certiorari.

Seriously? Citation form superiority guy? I posted from my fone and couldn't remember which party brought the case to the court.

That's some first rate faggotry.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Silly Americans...

O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum,
    Wie treu sind deine Blätter!
    Du grünst nicht nur zur Sommerzeit,
    Nein, auch im Winter, wenn es schneit.
    O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum,
    Wie treu sind deine Blätter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lhQ_hBT7lA
  • Mad_Son said:

Wow, this thread turned out better than I ever imagined it would based on the original topic.

I found it funny how death2ducks/PreDoubt would nitpick a sentence to respond to instead of my whole post.
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    I appear to be lost
  • PRedoubtPRedoubt Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Dick_B said:

I appear to be lost

Join the club.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2013
    Voting me down because I like that this thread deteriorated into pedantic bickering?

Some men just want to watch the world burn and you should not discriminate against me for it. It is my second amendment right!
  • PRedoubtPRedoubt Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited December 2013
    Mad_Son said:

Voting me down because I like that this thread deteriorated into pedantic bickering?

Some men just want to watch the world burn and you should not discriminate against me for it. It is my second amendment right!

... excellent word choice.