Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Questions for a 1st time visitor to UW game...

Hello All,

I just wanted to reach out and get some information, if possible, regarding coming to a game. My wife's father moved to Seattle (Ballard area) in 2016 and we've been coming out to visit each year. We love all the activities within a couple hour drives of Seattle (we did Mt Rainier and the San Juan Islands previously) This year we realized we will be in town when UW hosts ASU (Sept. 22, 2018). As a big time college football fan, I'm always interested in catching a game and how other fanbases do game day...so I have a few questions about coming to the game:

1. A look on the schedule tells me the game time is TBD. Any idea when the time will be known? Any guesses to give me a general idea?
2. Best way to come up to campus on game day from Ballard... Uber? Busline? Other?
3. Should we buy tickets beforehand, whats the scalper situation like? We would prefer to not spend more than $50/pp if possible? Is this realistic? Any good sections to look in?
4. Any pre game festivities that we should definitely look out for? I've heard the boats doc right up by the stadium and tailgate. Sounds pretty awesome.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

My services ALWAYS come with burning your village to the ground.

Found the guy who loves the Harry Potter movies.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Be sure to stop by the E1 porking lot on your way to the game and we can share a drink and tell war stories. I will be wearing my new altered Gaskin jersey, holding a red Solo cup and playing beer shoes.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Definitely go to the International District and have a drink @ the Wah Mee. Killer place.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The quickest way to Husky Stadium from Ballard would probably be on the “Ride the Ducks” tour.

I’d recommend grabbing a pregame meal at the Jack in the Box on 50th and the Ave.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2018

I would hit the Met or Daniels for steak. Anthony's or Ray's for Seafood. Alki Tavern has the best burger in town. Northlake tavern has great pizza and cold beer and you can walk to the game from there.

The Ram at U village has an incredible "Ribs 'n Rickshaw" special $15.99 all you can eat and a ride to the game in a rickshaw. Plus they have a lot of cool HD TV's so you can hang with your peeps and catch some other games.

If you like to have a few "sodas" you can can carry them around in a big red cup.

Don't forget to go to the Space Needle. Hit the Underground tour. Visit the Locks. Go to the Experience Music Project. Visit Pike Place Market and see the flying fish and the big piggy bank. Hit the Seattle Art Museum. Don't forget to go to the Seattle Center Fun Forest. Oh,and walk down to the water front. Go to Ivars. Get the large chowder.

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2018
    mcruny said:

Hello All,

I just wanted to reach out and get some information, if possible, regarding coming to a game. My wife's father moved to Seattle (Ballard area) in 2016 and we've been coming out to visit each year. We love all the activities within a couple hour drives of Seattle (we did Mt Rainier and the San Juan Islands previously) This year we realized we will be in town when UW hosts ASU (Sept. 22, 2018). As a big time college football fan, I'm always interested in catching a game and how other fanbases do game day...so I have a few questions about coming to the game:

1. A look on the schedule tells me the game time is TBD. Any idea when the time will be known? Any guesses to give me a general idea?
    2. Best way to come up to campus on game day from Ballard... Uber? Busline? Other?
    3. Should we buy tickets beforehand, whats the scalper situation like? We would prefer to not spend more than $50/pp if possible? Is this realistic? Any good sections to look in?
    4. Any pre game festivities that we should definitely look out for? I've heard the boats doc right up by the stadium and tailgate. Sounds pretty awesome.

Any info would be much appreciated.

edit: to OP, that gif is actually of herm edwards, ASU's coach, pretty cool, huh?
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If you are interested in checking out the favorite haunts of UW legend Steve Sarkisian make sure to go to Joey’s. Best Patron in town!
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I hear that Seattle finally finished the monorail, so that seems like an efficient way to get to Montlake from Ballard.

Check out the Montlake Spite House while your there!