Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Top-10 high schools for FBS talent (2004-2017)

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
High Schools Producing Most FBS Signees, 2004-17
1. St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) — 130
2. Miami Central (Fla.) — 78
3. Glenville (Cleveland, Ohio) — 74
4. DeSoto (Texas), Stephenson (Stone Mountain, Ga.) — 70
6. Cedar Hill (Texas) — 69
7. Buford (Ga.) — 63
8. Long Beach Poly (Ga.) — 61
9. Dallas Skyline (Texas) — 60
10. DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, Md.) — 58

A total of 18 states made the list, easily led by Florida’s 27 high schools. Texas was a comfortable second with 20, and Georgia surpassed California as the third best state for one-stop shopping.

Number of High Schools With At Least 30 FBS Signees, 2004-17
1. Florida — 27
2. Texas — 20
3. Georgia — 11
4. California — 10
5. Ohio — 7
6. Louisiana — 5
7. Arizona, Hawaii — 3
9. Alabama, Maryland, Oklahoma, Utah — 2
13. Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania — 1

CFB Data Lab also analyzed which high schools produce the highest-rated recruits, finding 18 schools that averaged a 3.0 star rating or greater, including half of California’s 10 representatives.

3.2 stars: Westlake Village Oaks Christian (Calif.), Our Lady of Good Counsel (Olney, Md.), Junipero Serra (Calif.)

3.1 stars: Columbus Carver (Ga.), Las Vegas Bishop Gorman (Nev.), Tyrone Sandy Creek (Ga.)

3.0 stars: St. John Bosco (Calif.), Detroit Cass Tech (Mich.), Orange County Lutheran (Calif.), Powder Springs McEachern (Ga.), Dallas Skyline (Texas), Jacksonville Trinity Christian (Fla.), DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, Md.), Tallahassee Godby (Fla.), Orlando Phillips (Fla.), Euless Trinity (Texas), Long Beach Poly (Calif.), Denton Ryan (Texas)

Comments

• Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Thought Arlington or Stanwood HS would have cracked that list for sure.

As a head coach who wants to see my athletes get exposure, recruiting, recognition etc, it’s becoming increasingly frustrating that if they don’t play for this select team or that trainer or go to some showcase that costs $150 that goes into someone’s pocket that they passed up..
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

As a head coach who wants to see my athletes get exposure, recruiting, recognition etc, it’s becoming increasingly frustrating that if they don’t play for this select team or that trainer or go to some showcase that costs $150 that goes into someone’s pocket that they passed up..
    Or perhaps they just aren't that good...No offense but with the ease of the digital age and the internet and dedicated recruiting sites, etc. it seems as though getting the word out shouldn't be that difficult. Shoot, just 20 years ago you would have to send VHS to coaches if you wanted to get a look from afar. Bubble wrap and all...
  • Options
    DubSixGamerDubSixGamer Member Posts: 164
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Long Beach Poly is in Georgia?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Without checking, pretty much every recruit that comes out of Grant in Sacramento seems to find the NFL.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Doogles said:

Without checking, pretty much every recruit that comes out of Grant in Sacramento seems to find the NFL.

Well, not quite.

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    AIRWOLF said:

Doogles said:

Well, not quite.

I'm sure what Doogles was trying to say, is that pretty much out of every 24 recruits that come out of Grant in Sacramento, 6 seem to find the NFL.

1 outta 4 ain't bad!
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    Swaye's Wigwam

Eric Norgard and Ryan Appleby are the only two athletes that have ever come from those two towns. Ever. T.J. Oshie went to Stanwood his freshman year then moved to Minnesota so he doesn't count. We who live on the Stilly generally like to grow our athletes 5'9"-6'1" and white. I think its in the water (the height not the white). Arlington has won two state titles and placed second in football during my lifetime. I'm 40. The players from those teams did have feathered hair, peach fuzz mustaches and tear away jerseys if that gives an indication of when the Eagles were competitive. Their team photos still hang in the hardware store downtown. Stanwood I think made the T-Dome in the late 90's.

Yeah, I know, North Snohomish County superiority guy.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Eric Norgard and Ryan Appleby are the only two athletes that have ever come from those two towns. Ever. T.J. Oshie went to Stanwood his freshman year then moved to Minnesota so he doesn't count. We who live on the Stilly generally like to grow our athletes 5'9"-6'1" and white. I think its in the water (the height not the white). Arlington has won two state titles and placed second in football during my lifetime. I'm 40. The players from those teams did have feathered hair, peach fuzz mustaches and tear away jerseys if that gives an indication of when the Eagles were competitive. Their team photos still hang in the hardware store downtown. Stanwood I think made the T-Dome in the late 90's.

Yeah, I know, North Snohomish County superiority guy.
    Stanwood is horrible now even though I believe they made the playoffs. Wesco has to be the worst league in WW.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

Doogles said:

Well, not quite.

I guess the timeline cut off Donte Stallworth, Onterrio Smith, and Paris Warren.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    Doogles said:

AIRWOLF said:

Doogles said:

Well, not quite.

I guess the timeline cut off Donte Stallworth, Onterrio Smith, and Paris Warren.
    Yeah. Grant Union produces some serious talent, but my goodness, some of them are real knuckleheads.
  • Options
    DubSixGamerDubSixGamer Member Posts: 164
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Long Beach Poly once had more NFL players than any high school.

Less of the blicks in LB now and a lot more under 6' Hispanics. They like futbol not football.
    The whole demographic shift of South Central, Compton, the LBC and other historically Black neighborhoods is under reported. That's why you're seeing more recruits from Lancaster, Palmdale, and the IE
    OP is talking about a fictional HS in Georgia called Long Beach Poly so the LBC is irrelevant.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    pat_hm said:

Long Beach Poly once had more NFL players than any high school.

Less of the blicks in LB now and a lot more under 6' Hispanics. They like futbol not football.
    The whole demographic shift of South Central, Compton, the LBC and other historically Black neighborhoods is under reported. That's why you're seeing more recruits from Lancaster, Palmdale, and the IE
    Compton Unified School District is 79% Latino. It’s easy to think: Richard Sherman, Kendrick Lamar they’re from Compton so they must represent how it is today. Not true at all. Same with Long Beach. Like Race mentioned the vast majority of African Americans have been forced to move east. Tough to find jobs in their own neighborhoods when even the most menial labor requires the ability to speak Spanish.
    Disagree with some of this. The migration started in the 90s and has accelerated as families left those neighborhoods for the relative safety and better lifestyle of the IE vis-a-vis SC or Compton. It has indeed been underreported, but outcomes in general have been better for African Americans in the IE (see Vontaze Burfict)