Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wait until UW gets Putney!
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,599
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Sark recruits > Peterman recruits.

And lake will leave at the end of the year.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

He does sort of look like a tard

We probably need to recruit better than
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

BaldwinIV said:

JoJo is the only weak spot and he would start on 8/12 P12 teams this year and tbf his only weakness is against the pass.

It still amazes me how successful Petersen has been with the kids from the thrown together first recruiting class and Sark holdovers. It makes me engorged thinking of what he'll be able to do with guys like Gordon, Kaho, Hunter Bryant, etc. In their 3rd and 4th years
    That’s the danger of falling in love with recruiting. Dissly, Sample, Gaines, McIntosh would probably not get offers today. I doubt Sidney Jones or Pettis would either. All are NFL players or at least have a really good shot.

The only guys from that class that would surely get an offer now are Budda and McGary.

The flip side is we could have gotten even better players, but the 2014 class was big time despite being lowly rated.

There are also too many dead weight players from that class, which would not have happened in a full recruiting cycle.

I don’t know what my point is, but Pete can develop.
    I don’t agree with all of this. For example, Hampton was a “3” star similar to SMFJ. Also, not sure Kizer or Otton are more highly rated than Sample was. Gaines was less recruited than some of the DL from the last class? Not sure. I think they have a profile they recruit to, and I think they are better talent evaluators.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BaldwinIV said:

JoJo is the only weak spot and he would start on 8/12 P12 teams this year and tbf his only weakness is against the pass.

I bet it’s really 10 or 11 PAC 12 teams he would start on. Jojo is good and probably has a shot at being drafted. That said, he has been the main culprit for most explosive plays we have given up.
    ATBSJBS
  • Options
    DubSixGamerDubSixGamer Member Posts: 164
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Damn Dom Hampton is dark as fuck you'd expect his skin to glow or something with all that sunshine but nope. Lol
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,395
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BaldwinIV said:

Damn Dom Hampton is dark as fuck you'd expect his skin to glow or something with all that sunshine but nope. Lol

Racist. You disgust me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSaC-YbSDpo
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

BaldwinIV said:

Racist. You disgust me.
    People forget.....race owned slaves
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

BaldwinIV said:

Racist. You disgust me.
    People forget.....race owned slaves
    We had all these Franks and Germanics that we captured when we took their land. Slavery in Rome was better than life in the wilds

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

BaldwinIV said:

It still amazes me how successful Petersen has been with the kids from the thrown together first recruiting class and Sark holdovers. It makes me engorged thinking of what he'll be able to do with guys like Gordon, Kaho, Hunter Bryant, etc. In their 3rd and 4th years
    That’s the danger of falling in love with recruiting. Dissly, Sample, Gaines, McIntosh would probably not get offers today. I doubt Sidney Jones or Pettis would either. All are NFL players or at least have a really good shot.

The only guys from that class that would surely get an offer now are Budda and McGary.

The flip side is we could have gotten even better players, but the 2014 class was big time despite being lowly rated.

There are also too many dead weight players from that class, which would not have happened in a full recruiting cycle.

I don’t know what my point is, but Pete can develop.
    I don’t agree with all of this. For example, Hampton was a “3” star similar to SMFJ. Also, not sure Kizer or Otton are more highly rated than Sample was. Gaines was less recruited than some of the DL from the last class? Not sure. I think they have a profile they recruit to, and I think they are better talent evaluators.
    Jones had one other P-5 offer. Hampton had a lot of offers.

You could be right about Sample.

Gaines had one other PAC 12 offer.

I agree that Petersen is a better talent evaluator than most coaches.