Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Auburn Vs Washington

Comments

• Options
    AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

AuburnFan said:

salemcoog said:

AuburnFan said:

Gladstone said:

AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

I mean ... I think it'll be a good game .... I don't think we'll beat y'all bad ... just by 2 or 3 TDs ;)

Rather easily, say 34-17?
    No ....
    Y'all won't score 17 on our Defense :wink:

UCF really struggled to move the ball

Not gonna lie ... that sucked. It was almost as if we were one game away from being in the playoff and then having to settle for playing a team from a non Power5 school .... Wait
    I was going to ask what happened in the UCF game hoping there'd be a response more interesting than 'letdown after missing the playoffs' but guess not.

it's semi early to talk football on this main board but stick around and sometime in the summer this place miraculously becomes the spot to talk husky football.

quick skinny:

jake browning sucks, we hate him. the national media loves him for whatever reason. i watched the fiesta bowl in nola with a bunch of clemson fans who were like 'oh yeah jake browning is good i've heard of him!' and then watched in horror as he shat all over himself as he is want to do in big games

our defensive line and DBs are either going to be the 2nd or 3rd best units you'll go against this year, trailing bama and maybe uga. no hyperbole.

our LBs are a bunch of tryhard white dudes, opinions on them are bitterly divided here

WRs completed unproven and suck dick until proven otherwise

TEs amazing, both blockers and catchers

our RB gaskin is probably the most underappreciated player on the west coast, gets about 1/5 of the hype browning does but is consistently solid and our best playmaker. single-handedly kept us in the fiesta bowl

punting game very strong

FG game worse than a herpetic whore after a meth bender

auburn should win rather easily, say 34-17?

This is what I’m looking for!
    My skinny on AU:

Stidham - feel like we have one of the best.
    Willis, backup, is a 4.4 guy that may get 3-4 touches in the zone read.

OL - Biggest concern (mainly at OT) talent galore but we had to get a transfer in the 11th hour who was headed to USC or UCLA. the other two OT are Tega Wongo (only played 1 year of HS football but is a freak of an athlete) and RS FR 5* Calvin Ashley. The fact we took a Grad Trasfer has some of us concerned about Ashley. We started Tega against Clemson and he gave up 5 sacks. We later shifted the OL & has a nice run.

RB: All 4 Star RBs ... starter will be speedster Kam Martin. Freshman Blue chip Asa Martin #4 RB in the country) will probably be the #2.

FB: Stud Sr.
    TE: not great, we have more hybrid guys than true TEs

WR loaded: Craig Myers & Slayton are our best 2 (will play on Sundays) however we had 2 ACL injuries to our #3 & #4 WRs. They should be back but how productive?

Defense: Gus has publicly stated recently this is his best Defense since he’s been here.

DL, 3 5 *s (Brown, Davidson & Moultry) but the best may be Soph Nick Coe. Also 4 year starter Russell returns at DT (most under rated guy because of the 5*s)

LB Vetran group Only lose 1 from 2 Deep last year...

Best front 7 I can remember since the Pat Dye Days

DBs: Concern, Lots of talent (5 straight Top 10 classes) the 2 deep are all 4 star recruits, lots of game experience at CB, but I’m concerned about Safety. Especially playing against a veteran QB.

FG, #1 kicker in the country. Brother of our kicker who just got drafted. He beat all his brothers HS FG records. Looked awesome from 50+ in spring game.

P - No clue. Our new punter is a rugby player from Australia... 50/50 that works out.

In short, this is one of the best AU teams (better than last year’s team that won the West and overall better than 13 that made it to the NC game) I’ve seen on paper.

If OT (especially LT) & Safeties are not a problem I think it can be a special season.

For this game?
    Toss up

I think our Front 7 on D will cause problems for UW (and anyone) ... I think it comes down to the play of Browning & our DBs. UW will have to beat us through the air

I think we’re a 4 point favorite right now & I won’t touch that line

Good breakdown.

But is there any way you could break this down into a little more condensed version, say like 4 or 5 reasons why it will be War Eagle all night long.

TIA.

If AU wins it will be due to:

1. LT Play. Just 2 days ago our OL coach said Tega is the starter at LT. I’m nervous because of his Week 2 game (Clemson) last year. Apparently he’s looking good.

2. Home field Advantage. If I had to guess, the dome will be 65-70% AU (being a 2 hour drive away)

3. Front 7. An ESPN analyst (forgot which one) said last week that AU has the best Front 7 in the SEC. Bama has had the luxury of the best front 7 for the last 6 years or so. I expect crazy pressure from our DL & great LB play with our 2 Sr LBs.

4. Running game. While Stidham is great, we’ve had 9 straight seasons with at least 1 1000 yd rusher. Speedster Kam Martin & incoming freshman blue chip Asa Martin should be the main two contributors.

5. Stidham. He was masterful in big games,
    Especially against #1 Bama & #1 UGA to finish the regular season
    No speed, speed, speed?

Not due to your offensive line averaging 332 lbs?
    We do not avg 332

I’ll let you judge the speed.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

salemcoog said:

AuburnFan said:

Gladstone said:

AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

I mean ... I think it'll be a good game .... I don't think we'll beat y'all bad ... just by 2 or 3 TDs ;)

Rather easily, say 34-17?
    No ....
    Y'all won't score 17 on our Defense :wink:

UCF really struggled to move the ball

Not gonna lie ... that sucked. It was almost as if we were one game away from being in the playoff and then having to settle for playing a team from a non Power5 school .... Wait
    I was going to ask what happened in the UCF game hoping there'd be a response more interesting than 'letdown after missing the playoffs' but guess not.

it's semi early to talk football on this main board but stick around and sometime in the summer this place miraculously becomes the spot to talk husky football.

quick skinny:

jake browning sucks, we hate him. the national media loves him for whatever reason. i watched the fiesta bowl in nola with a bunch of clemson fans who were like 'oh yeah jake browning is good i've heard of him!' and then watched in horror as he shat all over himself as he is want to do in big games

our defensive line and DBs are either going to be the 2nd or 3rd best units you'll go against this year, trailing bama and maybe uga. no hyperbole.

our LBs are a bunch of tryhard white dudes, opinions on them are bitterly divided here

WRs completed unproven and suck dick until proven otherwise

TEs amazing, both blockers and catchers

our RB gaskin is probably the most underappreciated player on the west coast, gets about 1/5 of the hype browning does but is consistently solid and our best playmaker. single-handedly kept us in the fiesta bowl

punting game very strong

FG game worse than a herpetic whore after a meth bender

auburn should win rather easily, say 34-17?

This is what I’m looking for!
    My skinny on AU:

Stidham - feel like we have one of the best.
    Willis, backup, is a 4.4 guy that may get 3-4 touches in the zone read.

OL - Biggest concern (mainly at OT) talent galore but we had to get a transfer in the 11th hour who was headed to USC or UCLA. the other two OT are Tega Wongo (only played 1 year of HS football but is a freak of an athlete) and RS FR 5* Calvin Ashley. The fact we took a Grad Trasfer has some of us concerned about Ashley. We started Tega against Clemson and he gave up 5 sacks. We later shifted the OL & has a nice run.

RB: All 4 Star RBs ... starter will be speedster Kam Martin. Freshman Blue chip Asa Martin #4 RB in the country) will probably be the #2.

FB: Stud Sr.
    TE: not great, we have more hybrid guys than true TEs

WR loaded: Craig Myers & Slayton are our best 2 (will play on Sundays) however we had 2 ACL injuries to our #3 & #4 WRs. They should be back but how productive?

Defense: Gus has publicly stated recently this is his best Defense since he’s been here.

DL, 3 5 *s (Brown, Davidson & Moultry) but the best may be Soph Nick Coe. Also 4 year starter Russell returns at DT (most under rated guy because of the 5*s)

LB Vetran group Only lose 1 from 2 Deep last year...

Best front 7 I can remember since the Pat Dye Days

DBs: Concern, Lots of talent (5 straight Top 10 classes) the 2 deep are all 4 star recruits, lots of game experience at CB, but I’m concerned about Safety. Especially playing against a veteran QB.

FG, #1 kicker in the country. Brother of our kicker who just got drafted. He beat all his brothers HS FG records. Looked awesome from 50+ in spring game.

P - No clue. Our new punter is a rugby player from Australia... 50/50 that works out.

In short, this is one of the best AU teams (better than last year’s team that won the West and overall better than 13 that made it to the NC game) I’ve seen on paper.

If OT (especially LT) & Safeties are not a problem I think it can be a special season.

For this game?
    Toss up

I think our Front 7 on D will cause problems for UW (and anyone) ... I think it comes down to the play of Browning & our DBs. UW will have to beat us through the air

I think we’re a 4 point favorite right now & I won’t touch that line

Good breakdown.

But is there any way you could break this down into a little more condensed version, say like 4 or 5 reasons why it will be War Eagle all night long.

TIA.

If AU wins it will be due to:

1. LT Play. Just 2 days ago our OL coach said Tega is the starter at LT. I’m nervous because of his Week 2 game (Clemson) last year. Apparently he’s looking good.

2. Home field Advantage. If I had to guess, the dome will be 65-70% AU (being a 2 hour drive away)

3. Front 7. An ESPN analyst (forgot which one) said last week that AU has the best Front 7 in the SEC. Bama has had the luxury of the best front 7 for the last 6 years or so. I expect crazy pressure from our DL & great LB play with our 2 Sr LBs.

4. Running game. While Stidham is great, we’ve had 9 straight seasons with at least 1 1000 yd rusher. Speedster Kam Martin & incoming freshman blue chip Asa Martin should be the main two contributors.

5. Stidham. He was masterful in big games,
    Especially against #1 Bama & #1 UGA to finish the regular season
    No speed, speed, speed?

Not due to your offensive line averaging 332 lbs?
    We do not avg 332

I’ll let you judge the speed.
    Don't you have an OL named Ossai on your team?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,828
    AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

LebamDawg said:

I played golf in Arab south of Huntsville a couple of times. Black guys I golfed with refused to go there. That is my knowledge of Alabama. Is Auburn in Alabama or the panhandle?

Arab is one of the armpits of AL. Maybe the african american gentleman was racist?
    You mean Alabama has more than one armpit? You don't say?
    Don't be mad that it doesn't rain here everyday. I live in one of the best places in the country.
    Good. Stay there. I'll stay here.

Hillbilly.
    Ditto Dildo
    This guy already has the Tug figured out!
  • Options
    Sledog said:

AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

LebamDawg said:

I played golf in Arab south of Huntsville a couple of times. Black guys I golfed with refused to go there. That is my knowledge of Alabama. Is Auburn in Alabama or the panhandle?

Arab is one of the armpits of AL. Maybe the african american gentleman was racist?
    Don't be mad that it doesn't rain here everyday. I live in one of the best places in the country.

Hillbilly.
    Ditto Dildo
    @creepycoug knows there's a new sheriff in town.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The only good thing in Alabama is the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    Founders Club

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

This game won't be close. I'm not saying that to be a dick. Auburn is just going to be way better on the line and at QB.

Kind of like the Boise State V Oregon game. Or should I say games?
    Boise State crushes teams that don't want to be playing them all the time. Auburn in Atlanta in the opener after getting snubbed for smashing both the SEC playoff teams right before the playoffs is going to be a smash fest.
    I hear ya. That 7-6 duck squad had to be disappointed they werent playing in the Rose Bowl.
    It’s so great we can talk shit again.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,828

AuburnFan said:

Sledog said:

AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

LebamDawg said:

Hillbilly.
    Ditto Dildo
    @creepycoug knows there's a new sheriff in town.

He doesn't have it quite figured out if he's drafting behind your support.

Here's a tip Auburn, since I have this place dialed in. If Sledog agrees with you, then you're a retard. By. Definition.

You'll want to be on the opposite side of him 99.99% of the tim.
    Dude tagged you as a dildo in one second. Obviously that "hillbilly" has common sense.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

As a golfer, I enjoy RTJGT, but it doesn't crack the top 10 things to do in AL.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    AuburnFan said:

Tequilla said:

Eagerly awaiting that Top 10 List
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AuburnFan said:

Tequilla said:

Do any of them include long walks on a beach?