Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huskies primed to reclaim Pac12 title

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

No way we win the Pac-12. Maybe the N.

We (!) are winning the Pac
    Until we beat an actually talented team that is mildly well-coached and not fully imploding (see UCLA last year), I don't buy it.

This year we are going to have to up our game considerably to beat UCLA down there, Utah on the road and Stanford at home. None of those games are games we should feel confident about. Even if somehow we manage to take the Jakey B factor out of those games (UCLA seems primed to give Jakey a 11-23 performance, to me) and win, we will get stomped by USC in the championship game.

We are shrivel dicks until we aren't.

I personally don't see why there is so much hype around us this year. I think people are sort of saying 'oh, well, now they have a Sr. QB so they will be great!'

Unfortunately, I see a ton of holes. Our offense is going to be absolute shit unless we completely re-tool it. Our top WR is Aaron Fuller (who dreams he could one day be Braxton Berrios) and our offensive line is a fucking nightmare. This is the piece where I don't see the optimism.

We are going to get kicked in the dick at Auburn (that is a nightmare matchup for us) and we cannot afford 1 injury on the OL. We have no one at WR, despite having an offense that will inevitably throw to set up the run.

If Bush institutes a common-sense 'hey, look at this personnel!' approach, we can definitely win the Pac... but I don't think he will and I don't think we will.

We have the following major issues:

Our QB sucks: especially in critical situations and he is incapable of making the 6-7 plays you need to make in close games to win... he may make 3 all season.
    Our OL sucks: we cannot pass block in the interior.
    Our WRs suck: we have talent, but we will play the worst players because our offense is too complicated.
    Our DL will try to rotate 6 and we only have 3 (Gaines, Johnson, Levi).
    We have no pass rush: Benning and Amandre suck until they don't. Bowman can pass rush, but can't play the run.
    BBK is a starter: if he doesn't get pushed out of the way and manages to make contact, he always falls backwards 2-3 yards.
    Myles Bryant is a starter: hopefully he won't be, but we love practice players.

To me, I think this is potentially an 8-9 win team. Losses: Auburn, @UCLA, @Utah and Oregon on the road or Stanford at home.

Last year, we should've lost at home to Utah because our offense is fucking retarded. Our offense is retarded until it's not.
    I think you are right in terms of the losses, but one thing worth pointing out is this: Senior quarterbacks and their teams, particularly in the PAC, have success. Especially 4-year starters.

Last year, off the top of my head, Wazzu was the only team with a senior QB, and they were ranked in front of UW in the CFP rankings until we? totally dominated them and ruined their season (Go DWAGS!!!)

The year before, Sefo Luifau and Colorado made it to the PAC championship out of nowhere. Davis Webb won Cal 5 games. Without Webb that Cal team probably wins 2, maybe 3.

2 years ago, Hogan and Stanford demolished Iowa in the Rose Bowl (obviously McCaffrey played a huge role in that success as well). Vernon Adams made a not good Oregon team stay in the rankings all year. Cody Kessler and the Trojans were obviously overrated as usual, but won the South. Travis Wilson led Utah to a 10-3 record.

The year before, Oregon obviously made it to the playoff (Mariota was ridiculous all his years, though).

Recent history says the Huskies could be the beneficiaries of that trend. That being said...

Browning is who he is at this point, which is a guy who won't win it for you even when the box score says otherwise and hopefully won't lose it for you. If the running game isn't going in those 5 potential losses you listed, they will be 5 actual losses. And Pete needs to fix that.
    This is a plss copy/paste right?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Dennis just tries really hard to be negative. He obsesses over recruiting while throwing player development out the window. I, for one, trust the coaches. We have a decent shot at winning the conference. It's the Pac-12. Dennis is a fag.

What a bunch of fucking Doogs. Either we are trying to be Bama or not. How's Bama's player development you stupid piece of shit?

Looks like it's going ok from here, but I guess you're the expert.
    We aren't Bama, but we aren't a 8-9 win team. We're somewhere in the middle, and we benefit by playing in a shit conference. I get it man. You're edgy!
    Wrong. You are exactly a 9 win team this year.

Hear that pumpy? My prediction you pussy!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Dennis just tries really hard to be negative. He obsesses over recruiting while throwing player development out the window. I, for one, trust the coaches. We have a decent shot at winning the conference. It's the Pac-12. Dennis is a fag.

What a bunch of fucking Doogs. Either we are trying to be Bama or not. How's Bama's player development you stupid piece of shit?

We aren't Bama, but we aren't a 8-9 win team. We're somewhere in the middle, and we benefit by playing in a shit conference. I get it man. You're edgy!
    WE AREN'T BAMA!!!! GREAT FUCKING POINT!!!!

Super. Let's just be happy where we are. No reason to even worry about it. Clemson is historically 2000X the program we could ever be.

Why even worry. Just be happy with what we've got.

I FOR ONE LIKE JAKE BROWNING!!! I THINK HE TRIES HARD AND YOU SUPPORT THE TEAM YOU HAVE!!!!

TRUST THE COACHESSSSSSS!!!!!!
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,519
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2018
    I see 0 weaknesses on the team this year
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,538
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2018
    Thank you for proving my point Dennis. I'm always right.

You can win the conference without being Bama. Someone does it almost every year. We did it two years ago. Pac-12 Pride! That's what the thread was about.

But yeah, everyone sucks. I am so impressed with your try hard pressing! Edgy! Half brain!
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited May 2018
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

You're right.. You're not typically an 8-9 win team. That's your ceiling on really good years. On 'great' years you can make double digits in the W column, but's that's only when the PAC is incredibly shitty, which it is right now as you so brilliantly observe every other poast. It has been since Oregon took a break from caring.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

You're right.. You're not typically an 8-9 win team. That's your ceiling on really good years. On 'great' years you can make double digits in the W column, but's that's only when the PAC is incredibly shitty, which it is right now as you so brilliantly observe every other poast. It has been since Oregon took a break from caring.
    Have fun with the whitino lambo.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

when will you dopes realize its petermans offense and you wont be any different with smith gone

can take the peterman out of the boise, but cant take the boise out of the peterman

There is a reason Smith was only given one year contracts, and Petersen didn't fight hard to keep him at UW when the OSU job opened up.

I'm predicting Bush executes Petersen's offense at a higher level, and introduces some twists of his own.
  • Options
    DarnoldPalmerDarnoldPalmer Member Posts: 59

dnc said:

Until we beat an actually talented team that is mildly well-coached and not fully imploding (see UCLA last year), I don't buy it.

This year we are going to have to up our game considerably to beat UCLA down there, Utah on the road and Stanford at home. None of those games are games we should feel confident about. Even if somehow we manage to take the Jakey B factor out of those games (UCLA seems primed to give Jakey a 11-23 performance, to me) and win, we will get stomped by USC in the championship game.

I personally don't see why there is so much hype around us this year. I think people are sort of saying 'oh, well, now they have a Sr. QB so they will be great!'

Unfortunately, I see a ton of holes. Our offense is going to be absolute shit unless we completely re-tool it. Our top WR is Aaron Fuller (who dreams he could one day be Braxton Berrios) and our offensive line is a fucking nightmare. This is the piece where I don't see the optimism.

We are going to get kicked in the dick at Auburn (that is a nightmare matchup for us) and we cannot afford 1 injury on the OL. We have no one at WR, despite having an offense that will inevitably throw to set up the run.

If Bush institutes a common-sense 'hey, look at this personnel!' approach, we can definitely win the Pac... but I don't think he will and I don't think we will.

Our QB sucks: especially in critical situations and he is incapable of making the 6-7 plays you need to make in close games to win... he may make 3 all season.
    Our WRs suck: we have talent, but we will play the worst players because our offense is too complicated.
    We have no pass rush: Benning and Amandre suck until they don't. Bowman can pass rush, but can't play the run.
    BBK is a starter: if he doesn't get pushed out of the way and manages to make contact, he always falls backwards 2-3 yards.

To me, I think this is potentially an 8-9 win team. Losses: Auburn, @UCLA, @Utah and Oregon on the road or Stanford at home.

Last year, we should've lost at home to Utah because our offense is fucking retarded. Our offense is retarded until it's not.
    Christ that was hard to read.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

DDY is just pointing out all the flaws on this year's team. Last year's team (along with a once every 30 year favorable schedule, that most of us will never see again in our lifetimes) should have cake-walked to the Pac-12 champ game and had less holes than this years squad.

There is a 60% chance this team starts off 1-2, and I don't think we beat both UCLA and Oregon in back to back weeks. I can see 9-3 very very easily.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,519
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I see 0 weaknesses on the team this year

2016 we raped them at home before cruising to the conference championship and playoff birth.

Try harder.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    I trust the coaches!!!
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    are they primed or.....

tanned, rested, and ready?