Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sark is bringing his hurry up bullshit offense to USC?

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    sounds amazing!!
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    "slickjim at 11:22 PM December 04, 2013
    SC (after it gets pummeled by UCLA): "We're gonna get Del Rio, Gruden, Big Name coach, Yadda Yadda..." Swing and a miss. "C'mon Coach O, just stay..." Swing and a miss. "It's ok, we don't need Coach O, we got Tosh and Wilcox coming down..." Swing and a miss. "Well, if Tosh ain't coming, and Coach O is gone, who's gonna be our ace recruiter??? I know, let's get Klemm from UCLA!!!" Super swing and miss!!!"

Over under is 2.5
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I wonder how long before he panics and switches his offense? Before he is pissed off and closes down practices to the media? Before he throws his assistants under the bus and fires them to save his own ass?

Sark at USC is really going to show off his warts. Unlike here this 5-4 shit every year in the conference isn't going to fucking fly. Getting your ass kicked by your rival every year isn't going to fly down there.

O/U of him lasting at USC is 3.5 years. I know the O/U is always 5 but that would be too easy.

I'll take the over, Haden will do his best to try and save face until after year 4 of 8/9 win steve at USC he'll be forced to can him
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The longer the better of course; and same goes for Haden.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

I wonder how long before he panics and switches his offense? Before he is pissed off and closes down practices to the media? Before he throws his assistants under the bus and fires them to save his own ass?

Sark at USC is really going to show off his warts. Unlike here this 5-4 shit every year in the conference isn't going to fucking fly. Getting your ass kicked by your rival every year isn't going to fly down there.

O/U of him lasting at USC is 3.5 years. I know the O/U is always 5 but that would be too easy.

I'll take the over, Haden will do his best to try and save face until after year 4 of 8/9 win steve at USC he'll be forced to can him
    Who says Haden last that long? I think Sark will win there I mean even Kiffin was 28-13 down there.

However, he's not going to win enough at USC. He could barely handle the soft Seattle media, now he's in the heart of national media where he'll be second guessed a lot.

There won't be an 0-12 to fall back on for him, or "learning on the job" to fall back on. Not to mention his 34-29 record so if he's average out the gate that will be his track record.

In some ways I'm stunned Sark left because at UW he would have been here forever. I'm glad he left and I doubt he ever wins a division title there.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    The real shocker is Haden actually picking this guy based on an interview. The most important discriminator for a head coach is his record. Sarkisian is the very definition of mediocrity. Maybe it will work at USC given the talent they can amass, but it hasn't in the past. Paul Hackett was a real gem there, eh? Still SMH, can't believe how lucky UW got in all of this.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

The real shocker is Haden actually picking this guy based on an interview. The most important discriminator for a head coach is his record. Sarkisian is the very definition of mediocrity. Maybe it will work at USC given the talent they can amass, but it hasn't in the past. Paul Hackett was a real gem there, eh? Still SMH, can't believe how lucky UW got in all of this.

He has the same record Nick Saban did at MSU ...

Don't ya know.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Does Max Browne have to transfer to BYU first or can he just go straight to Kansas?
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2013
    Wonder how the Trojans will like their crisp, white unis?

After all, you can't expect Sark to able to recruit in that shit they wore in the 1970's.

Plus, who doesn't like the BYU look?

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Does Max Browne have to transfer to BYU first or can he just go straight to Kansas?

Send him home

• Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

Send him home

Sorry. Impossible. We didn't want him, remember?

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know Sark won't do very well at USC, but I think he could be a Kiffin like disaster. He will probably be an 8-4, 9-3 type coach there, but I can also see it being a disaster from the start. If he has his typical plungers on the road, like More Time said, there is no 0-12 to use, and the LA media is entirely different than the Seattle media. Not to mention the USC fan base is not even close to as pathetic and doogy as UW's. It will be no different than Sark at UW. USC will destroy the weak teams and get beat by the good teams. USC is fucked.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    If Sark doesn't win the South in the first two years he will be on the hot seat the third year. UCLA is going to win next year and maybe the year after.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    I thought it was a great offense for one game. and then it never seemed to run as fast.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Bad coaching is bad coaching. Can't hide no matter how good the talent is. 8-4 in 2015 with losses to UW, Oregon, AZ and UCLA will get him fired. Book it.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Sark will have a worse Oline at SC than he had here. He's going to have a very difficult time running the football.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sark was able to run the ball at UW. Polk and Sankey shown that, and with crap for a line. USC is know for being a running back school (at least in the past…Heisman Winners). I think Sark has good potential to bring that back to USC.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    alumni94 said:

Sark was able to run the ball at UW. Polk and Sankey shown that, and with crap for a line. USC is know for being a running back school (at least in the past…Heisman Winners). I think Sark has good potential to bring that back to USC.

The only problem is he never stuck with the run. He always chose really weird times to throw the other team off and it was usually a pretty shitty play call. Pretty much if Sankey on 1st down got a gain of 1 or 2 yards I knew the drive was fucked.