Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NCAA basketball coaches among 10 charged with fraud and corruption

124»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HOW IS EMMERT A BAD STILL THE PRESIDENT???
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    kansas jayhawks, come on down!

could be something, could be nothing, regardless itll be chinteresting.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I've been in a running twitter fued with a Louisville basketball fan for like 2 years. Time to go fire off a tweet to him. He hates me.

Update. Just tweeted him about the new Rick Pitino news today. Still not blocked.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    WHAT DOES THAT ASSHOLE JIM BASNIGHT HAVE TO SAY NOW????

Markelle Fultz, who would go on to play at Washington and become the No. 1 pick in the 2017 draft, received $10,000 according to the documents. He did not sign with ASM.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Vacate our 9 win season NCAA, we dare ya!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I know this isn't an original thought, but i'm still shocked that the amount is incredibly low. Most of the rumors most hear are 10's if not 100's of thousands for top 10 recruits and UW "allegedly" bought off fultz for $10k? Some of this shit seems incredibly boring that this is the best the FBI has.

I actually came away thinking NCAA Basketball is cleaner than I assumed if this is the ultimate charges or evidence.

When kids stayed for 3-4 years, the cost was around $300k, but sense most of these kids are "one and done" it completely devalued their cost, since they only have to wait a year to cash in on a NBA contract.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I know this isn't an original thought, but i'm still shocked that the amount is incredibly low. Most of the rumors most hear are 10's if not 100's of thousands for top 10 recruits and UW "allegedly" bought off fultz for $10k? Some of this shit seems incredibly boring that this is the best the FBI has.

I actually came away thinking NCAA Basketball is cleaner than I assumed if this is the ultimate charges or evidence.

The allegation doesn't involve UW buying Fultz, rather Fultz being paid to give a "handshake" agreement to sign with ASM once he went pro. Then he ended up not even signing with them, so maybe IAM Sports gave him an even sweeter deal.

None of this necessarily alleges that UW did anything wrong, but I would be shocked if Romar's staff weren't getting dirty as it was. Shit, we may have still bought off Fultz with a totally separate arrangement, but we're at least not dumb enough to keep a ledger around with his name on it.
  • Options
    KevininTacomaKevininTacoma Member Posts: 122
    I think the big money was being handed out by Adidas. While this 10k was given by Agents
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The Dawgs might make the dance now!