Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

California Bill would ban tackle football before High School

Comments

• Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If it harms SC recruiting in the future more than UW's I could be behind it...

Won't be long until it's the law of the land anyway, well except for SEC country.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I'm pretty sure rugby doesn't have a problem of turning out mentally handicapped people? So why not just remove the pads and helmets that promote the illusion you can just run full speed at someone and collide. Totally avoiding the physicality of the sport by removing any tackling though is ignorant as fuck.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gwad said:

I'm pretty sure rugby doesn't have a problem of turning out mentally handicapped people

Psalm is laughing at you.

hth
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Doogles said:

Rugby has less serious injuries than football but it's a constant grind. Football pads are counter productive, you essentially weaponize the body with plastic and metal that give false confidence to go as hard as possible.

True, Bring back the leather helmets with no face masks and problem solved.
    Remove the forward pass and even better
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

salemcoog said:

Doogles said:

Rugby has less serious injuries than football but it's a constant grind. Football pads are counter productive, you essentially weaponize the body with plastic and metal that give false confidence to go as hard as possible.

True, Bring back the leather helmets with no face masks and problem solved.
    Remove the forward pass and even better
    No I say open up the passing game even moar. Allow for more motion at the snap. Basically line up and move however the fuck you want as long as you're not offsides at the snap.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Sends the PAC

Yikes. We might as well not even play the games if this passes.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Back in the day, Hawaii had barefoot football leagues, for middle school I think.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,961
    Founders Club
    In NC, middle schools field football teams.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Back in the day, Hawaii had barefoot football leagues, for middle school I think.

In South Africa they play barefoot rugby until they are 12.

I grew up playing without pads and naturally learned to tackle with my shoulder and not my head. It was a consistent problem in rugby that the guys who hadn't and had only played with pads would lead with their heads. I can still hear the sound in my mind of when my outside center(who had never played without a helmet) led with his head into a player from Oregon who also lead with his head. Still makes me cringe.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,184
    Gladstone said:

Johnny Kirton (RIP) dragging me 9 yards downfield every play. Heatherwood Middle School vs Harbour Pointe Middle School 2000.

But look how you both ended up. Your lack of ability resulted in you keeping your life.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Johnny Kirton (RIP) dragging me 9 yards downfield every play. Heatherwood Middle School vs Harbour Pointe Middle School 2000.

get beat up by Snohomish Panthers / Rick Fenney 1979 then pop off! Although, Kirton is tough...
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    pat_hm said:

Shocked the city of Seattle hasn't banned tackle football. This is right up their alley.

Give it a day or two.

Surprised those dykes are allowing NHL. Although I think their play is more fucking Chris Hanson, than bringing NHL here.

Then again, who ever accused a liberal of thinking things through before foaming at the mouth?! They can always play the race/sex/xeno card to cover their repeated failures.

Fuck Seattle
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,184
    Swaye's Wigwam
    CaptainPJ said:

pat_hm said:

Shocked the city of Seattle hasn't banned tackle football. This is right up their alley.

Give it a day or two.

Surprised those dykes are allowing NHL. Although I think their play is more fucking Chris Hanson, than bringing NHL here.

Then again, who ever accused a liberal of thinking things through before foaming at the mouth?! They can always play the race/sex/xeno card to cover their repeated failures.

Fuck Seattle
    Fuck off, bitch. Sorry liberal Seattle is winning super bowls & PAC 12 championships and then popping off.

Go enjoy your amateur hockey or rec league bowling or whatever bullshit they have in your town. Swing by Applebee's for some that hot bar scene afterwards.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,101

Gladstone said:

get beat up by Snohomish Panthers / Rick Fenney 1979 then pop off! Although, Kirton is tough...
    Except Rick Fenney was younger than that.

1979 was Scott Anderson.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pat_hm said:

They kind of did years ago

I remember being shocked when out son entered middle school and I was excited about him playing football like dad except they didn't have football. Had to go to private league which didn't really interest him.

Big reason why Seattle is basketball town. Also when you go to Rainier Beach the home of 4 NBA players that means something