Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Boycott the Seattle Times

digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,419
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
I emailed Seattle Times Sports Editor, Don Shelton, recently and suggested that they needed to do the right thing and hire a Husky grad to take over for Bob. His reply was not too favorable, but once I heard who they hired, I was floored.

And so who did the, so-called, hometown paper for Husky football hire? Yup, you guessed it.

Look, I understand that journalists are taught to be non-biased and all of that happy horse shit, but you cannot convince me, with all the money in the world, that Adam Jude being a UNike alum. makes no difference on how he'll report on the Huskies. I watched Bob Condotta nearly piss himself with joy after last year's Apple Cup and anyone who couldn't see/hear that in his post game AC interviews may have Asperger's Syndrome. The last two journalists to cover the Husky football beat for the SEATimes, graduated from UW's two, most hated rivals, and that's just coincidental?! FUCK YOU, SEATTLE TIMES. I didn't expect those fools to hire a UW grad, but, what the fuck, this is a blatant slap in the face to Husky fans. I'm actually glad those dipshits are charging for their online paper now, so I won't be tempted to read the Husky blog anymore.

Anyways, I emailed Don today to tell him congratulations on the new hire, you just lost yourself another reader. I ask any of you Husky fans who feel similar to boycott the Seattle Times as well, and let 'em know. Fuck 'em.

Comments

• Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Fucking a. This bored officially jumped the shark.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Fucking a. This bored officially jumped the shark.

you should write a song about it

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    These people hate Sark
    Refusing to bark
    They're lost in the dark
    while jumping the shark..

Oh yeahhh....

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

These people hate Sark
    Refusing to bark
    They're lost in the dark
    while jumping the shark..

Oh yeahhh....

Your song missed the mark
    I'm sick of your snark
    Race knows how to fark
    Steve's trendline has no arc
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Yo Joe. Cry me a river. Bob was a first class writer for the Huskies. A UW grad is the beat writer for WSU and doing his job just fine. Grow up. It's not like they hired Jim Moore.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn't guess it.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

I emailed Seattle Times Sports Editor, Don Shelton, recently and suggested that they needed to do the right thing and hire a Husky grad to take over for Bob. His reply was not too favorable, but once I heard who they hired, I was floored.

And so who did the, so-called, hometown paper for Husky football hire? Yup, you guessed it.

Look, I understand that journalists are taught to be non-biased and all of that happy horse shit, but you cannot convince me, with all the money in the world, that Adam Jude being a UNike alum. makes no difference on how he'll report on the Huskies. I watched Bob Condotta nearly piss himself with joy after last year's Apple Cup and anyone who couldn't see/hear that in his post game AC interviews may have Asperger's Syndrome. The last two journalists to cover the Husky football beat for the SEATimes, graduated from UW's two, most hated rivals, and that's just coincidental?! FUCK YOU, SEATTLE TIMES. I didn't expect those fools to hire a UW grad, but, what the fuck, this is a blatant slap in the face to Husky fans. I'm actually glad those dipshits are charging for their online paper now, so I won't be tempted to read the Husky blog anymore.

Anyways, I emailed Don today to tell him congratulations on the new hire, you just lost yourself another reader. I ask any of you Husky fans who feel similar to boycott the Seattle Times as well, and let 'em know. Fuck 'em.

"UNike" lol
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Here's the deal. If you're a Husky fan living in the Seattle area and crave Husky Football news and commentary, you're most likely going to buy The Seattle Times regardless of any bias or slant it may put on Husky coverage. The Times management has always known that they have you by the short hairs as a constant customer if not subscriber and don't give a rip about how or when they might piss you off. Thery know most Huskyfans are a lock to purchase their product.

It's the non-Huskies, Husky haters, or Huskybaters in the Seattle market which they must sell and therefore they want outsider reporters working the Husky beat with investigative attitudes always alert for anything negative or better yet scandalous to report on along with the mundane good or mediocre Husky news that only we Huskyfans can love. In otherwords, the news you crave as a Huskyfan isn't the hook The Seattle Times decides they must have for selling enough product to stay in business.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This is a fucking repost

Best part is, this one is for realz