Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

King County property taxes up as much as 31%

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

Here's that whole states rights argument. Purple didn't care as much about state taxes as they wrote all of it off on their federal taxes. That's gonna change!

Which is bullshit that equates to taxing a tax. Kinda the thing we took the Country over in the first place for.
    WSU education on display

SMH
    Its OK Race, you can actually see some criticism of a Trump policy without going all Academis.

Because we all know you haven't a pot to piss in when it comes to that.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,270
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    How many on here would this apply too?

"Specifically, the GOP tax plan proposes cutting the cap on mortgage interest deductions on newly purchased homes. Currently, a married couple can deduct interest on mortgages of up to $1,000,000; the GOP plan would cut that to $500,000. Similarly, deductions of state and local property tax would be capped at $10,000."
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

Here's that whole states rights argument. Purple didn't care as much about state taxes as they wrote all of it off on their federal taxes. That's gonna change!

Which is bullshit that equates to taxing a tax. Kinda the thing we took the Country over in the first place for.
    WSU education on display

SMH
    Its OK Race, you can actually see some criticism of a Trump policy without going all Academis.

The Feds have no responsibility to cover for states with high income tax. Pulled straight out of your ass

Not giving a tax break is not a tax
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

How many on here would this apply too?

"Specifically, the GOP tax plan proposes cutting the cap on mortgage interest deductions on newly purchased homes. Currently, a married couple can deduct interest on mortgages of up to $1,000,000; the GOP plan would cut that to $500,000. Similarly, deductions of state and local property tax would be capped at $10,000."

Except now that's meaningless for most as the standard deduction went up too.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

WSU education on display

SMH

The Feds have no responsibility to cover for states with high income tax. Pulled straight out of your ass

When the Feds are taxing dollars that you've paid to the state, county or municipality, that is taxing a tax.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

WSU education on display

SMH

When the Feds are taxing dollars that you've paid to the state, county or municipality, that is taxing a tax.

Hope this helps.
    This is new? You would still get to deduct up to 10 grand if you lived in California and could make that much. Which you can't

The Feds tax dollars that were already taxed a bunch of times when you die
  • Options

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

WSU education on display

SMH

Hope this helps.
    This is new? You would still get to deduct up to 10 grand if you lived in California and could make that much. Which you can't

The Feds tax dollars that were already taxed a bunch of times when you die
    Fucking English Puhreeze???
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It wouldn't help
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    One must admit and acknowledge the brilliance of fucking all the most expensive, heavily taxed locales in the US, mostly run by tax & spend liberal democrats, by limiting the state & local deduction to 10k. Being that all tax credits and deductions are subsidies, the feds have said "we aren't giving you subsidized tax breaks for your high local taxes anymore. Now, you have to justify them in the face of the people who pay them and can't write them off." I see some local tax revolts, right quick. Maybe starting in Seattle.

At the end of the day, most folks worry more about money than Transgender Intersectionalism and which bathroom chicks with dicks use. These limited write-offs will expose that fact.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
  • Options

One must admit and acknowledge the brilliance of fucking all the most expensive, heavily taxed locales in the US, mostly run by tax & spend liberal democrats, by limiting the state & local deduction to 10k. Being that all tax credits and deductions are subsidies, the feds have said "we aren't giving you subsidized tax breaks for your high local taxes anymore. Now, you have to justify them in the face of the people who pay them and can't write them off." I see some local tax revolts, right quick. Maybe starting in Seattle.

At the end of the day, most folks worry more about money than Transgender Intersectionalism and which bathroom chicks with dicks use. These limited write-offs will expose that fact.

I can lend you some money to get you through these hard times. Don’t panic and do something stupid.
  • Options

I can lend you some money to get you through these hard times. Don’t panic and do something stupid.
    Save it for your operation.
  • Options

Ok. When you need help paying your property tax, just say the word. No need to embarrass yourself in public like this again. God speed!
  • Options

Ok. When you need help paying your property tax, just say the word. No need to embarrass yourself in public like this again. God speed!
    4th try. Still floundering. You're just sad at this point.
  • Options

I am trying to help you through your hour of need. This is NO joke. I am here to help if your property tax payment is causing this reaction, it’s not worth it!
  • Options

I am trying to help you through your hour of need. This is NO joke. I am here to help if your property tax payment is causing this reaction, it’s not worth it!
    5th attempt. Now cratering.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dflea said:

At least.

At my age anyway

When I have a couple more centuries under my belt I'll have to look into Cali.
    The place could use an injection of your devil may care attitude
    You wagon jumping bitchfork
  • Options
    One must admit and acknowledge the brilliance of the fucking of all the most expensive, heavily taxed locales in the US, mostly run by tax & spend liberal Democrats by limiting the state and local deductions to 10k. Being that all tax credits and deductions are subsidies, the fees have said “we aren’t giving you subsidized tax breaks for your high local taxes anymore. Now, you have to justify them in the face of the people who pay them and write them off.” I see some local tax revolts, right quick. Maybe starting in Seattle.

At the end of the day, most folks worry more about money than transgender intersectionslism and which bathroom chicks with ducks use. These limited write offs will show that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I rent.

I got a big tax cut two ways, individual and corporate. I don't need to heat or cool my house 10 months out of the year.

I vote for local politicians who want to lower state taxes

Our cost of living is lower here. Of course you may know better than me since you don't live here or live my life but still

its 1% if you don't have a mello roos or local surcharge

Since assessed values rise (or fall) to equal purchase price when a home is bought or sold, homeowners in Riverside County can expect to pay 1% plus the sum of local voter-approved rates. In the city of Riverside, total property tax rates range from 1.07% to 1.20%.

Unless your landlord is eating the taxes every year, that's probably worked into your payment. Electricity rates are literally twice as expensive too, so it's a good thing you don't use it often.

You are right though. the IE definitely has lower housing prices compared to Seattle, but that's apples and oranges. Comparing it to Bainbridge or somewhere further out would be more fair.

I'd take your weather right now in a heartbeat, but fuck desert summers. I'll be a snowbird in my twilight years.
    When my wife informed me we were moving I had the same reaction most Seattle folks have. But she did the research and she was right. Even on rent.

Now you get in LA you'll pay through the nose for a 900 sf Craftsman with charm (older than fuck) but there are a lot of places around it that are pretty cool
  • Options
    Captain_InsanoCaptain_Insano Member Posts: 156
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    The traffic is also better in LA.