Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Woof

124»

Comments

• Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited January 2018
    Big backs are fucking useless unless they have Peterson, Blount, and Gurley type athleticism. Most of those big fucks can't cut for shit and have a high center of gravity.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BlastDoor said:

Deshaun Watson won it for Clemson. You can put Dick Newton in place of Wayne Gallman and Clemson would have won it. Damien Harris contributed this year, for sure, but ultimately who won the title for Bama this year was the defense and Tua Tagovailoa. Sure, Nick Chubb was a difference maker for Georgia. But he did shit on the title game. If Georgia wins, they would've won because of 5'11 Sony Michel and a fucking kicker.

First of all - Wayne Gallman was fucking good.

Second of all - if you use this fucking awful logic of 'X is the special secret thing it takes to win Natties and I as a message bored lowlife have figured out something no one else has - you should be more creative and simply use any random thing that has been largely characteristic of Bama in the past decade and you will have definitive (if you're a moron) 'proof' that whatever that thing is makes you win Natties.

So - you could just as easily say that the thing that wins Natties is having a coach named Nick. I dunno man, most recent years that's worked!

At least be creative when you're making a fuckstick argument.

IN ORDER TO WIN A NATTY YOU NEED A BLACK WATER CARRYING GUY FOR YOUR COACH OBVIOUSLY!!!!

Or... how about... A COACH FROM OHIO!!!

Jesus fucking Christ.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Swaye said:

Tried to play a drinking game to take a shot every time I read burst in this thread. Fell out of my chair on page 3.

Well you can thank me for getting the ball rolling for your drunken stupor.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    Damn it! I had to go back to figure out who the fuck Charbonnet was. I thought this thread was about Davis? I can’t deal with Ballzdeep’s ADD in threads lately. Davis looks awesome by the way. Wish he had better top end speed...my only minor complaint.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

BlastDoor said:

Deshaun Watson won it for Clemson. You can put Dick Newton in place of Wayne Gallman and Clemson would have won it. Damien Harris contributed this year, for sure, but ultimately who won the title for Bama this year was the defense and Tua Tagovailoa. Sure, Nick Chubb was a difference maker for Georgia. But he did shit on the title game. If Georgia wins, they would've won because of 5'11 Sony Michel and a fucking kicker.

First of all - Wayne Gallman was fucking good.

Second of all - if you use this fucking awful logic of 'X is the special secret thing it takes to win Natties and I as a message bored lowlife have figured out something no one else has - you should be more creative and simply use any random thing that has been largely characteristic of Bama in the past decade and you will have definitive (if you're a moron) 'proof' that whatever that thing is makes you win Natties.

So - you could just as easily say that the thing that wins Natties is having a coach named Nick. I dunno man, most recent years that's worked!

At least be creative when you're making a fuckstick argument.

IN ORDER TO WIN A NATTY YOU NEED A BLACK WATER CARRYING GUY FOR YOUR COACH OBVIOUSLY!!!!

Or... how about... A COACH FROM OHIO!!!

Jesus fucking Christ.
    Wayne Gallman was fucking good. Where did I say he wasn't, DDY? But Clemson won because they had a legend playing at QB. Deshaun Watson was legendary, and that was the reason that they won.

The rest of this autistic rant, I agree. There is one formula for winning: you need top-end talent. If that top-end talent is on the form of big backs, than fuck, you can win with big backs.

Why do we keep going to back to big backs? Fucking Christ.
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    back on topic...

BURST is about right. kid's film is electrifying. huge get. long live king pete.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Just watched his HUDL. I like it a lot and I'm glad he's coming here, but it didn't make me cum like Austin Jones' did. Jones is a superior running back but really separates himself as a receiver. He could be 4 star as a wideout, maybe 5.

Davis' entire tape had two pass plays, a block midway through and a catch on the last highlight. Maybe/hopefully his team never throws. If it does and he's completely uninvolved that's not great.

I can't get behind the Kamara comps because half of Kamara's value is he's a total boss as a receiver.

I still like him quite a bit, just not as excited watching his film as I thought I'd be reading this thread.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    dnc said:

Just watched his HUDL. I like it a lot and I'm glad he's coming here, but it didn't make me cum like Austin Jones' did. Jones is a superior running back but really separates himself as a receiver. He could be 4 star as a wideout, maybe 5.

Davis' entire tape had two pass plays, a block midway through and a catch on the last highlight. Maybe/hopefully his team never throws. If it does and he's completely uninvolved that's not great.

I can't get behind the Kamara comps because half of Kamara's value is he's a total boss as a receiver.

I still like him quite a bit, just not as excited watching his film as I thought I'd be reading this thread.

I don't think anyone here ever said they liked him as much as Austin Jones. Most have said there's a clear distinction between the two.

A lot of HS' don't feature RBs in the passing game honestly. Gaskin only had 4 receptions his senior year too, but he's a great receiver, so I don't think you can take much from that at all.

I can see the Kamara comp not being spot on due to what you said about his receiving abilities, however I can see a resemblance just in their running style in general.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    BallzDeep said:

Big backs are fucking useless unless they have Peterson, Blount, and Gurley type athleticism. Most of those big fucks can't cut for shit and have a high center of gravity.

Good thing Charbonnet is one of those backs then.
    No he's not.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    BallzDeep said:

tvoie said:

Damn it! I had to go back to figure out who the fuck Charbonnet was. I thought this thread was about Davis? I can’t deal with Ballzdeep’s ADD in threads lately. Davis looks awesome by the way. Wish he had better top end speed...my only minor complaint.

If you can't deal with the ups and downs of Ballzdeep than this board ain't for you.
    Ups?
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Is this thread for real or am I being manipulated into buying starbursts? Is that how you really finance the site, Derek?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Woof said:

Apologies for hijacking this super insightful big back discussion for just a moment...

I found the interactions of the 2019+ commits to this tweet pretty insightful. Maninoa Tufono (top LB on the west coast and UW legacy) liked Coach Pete's tweet almost immediately. Dawson Jaramillo's little brother did too FWIW. Jacob Bandes (top 2-3 DL on the west coast) retweeted the commitment, which was interesting given he's NorCal and Davis is SoCal, so not connection that I'm aware of. Dollars and Criddell seemed to be all over it, as were some top '20 kids like DJ Uiagalelei and Kendall Milton too.

I don't know what any of this really means, but the doog in me says that we're on the verge of stacking some really good recruiting classes together.

Criddell and Ngata went in on it early as well. So did Dollars.

This class could be insane.
    Thank you for answering the question that immediately jumped into my mind, "Oh no, did Ngata ignore it? Nooooo!"