Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The go-to doog response...

(after you tell them you don't want a coordinator) Well who out there is better? Huh? (plugs ears) There are no good candidates that want the UW job, it's not that good of a job.

Meanwhile, Wazzu hired a previous head coach. ASU hired a head coach. Arizona hired a previous head coach. Fuck, even Colorado hired a head coach. And we're supposed to believe there are no current coaches out there who would want the UW job...fuck me. Nussmeier it is. Sark 2.0.

Comments

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Which of those coaches is ranked higher than Jimbo Fisher?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Sark 2.0 would indicate improvement. I think it's more like Sark 1.2
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    topdawgnc said:

Washington is a top 10 job.

It certainly can be. We have talent and a shitload of built-in resources. What pisses me off is these doogs being fucking Eor saying nobody likes us, we can't get a good coach, might as well hire a coordinator. If fucking Colorado can do it, we can do it x10. Fuck this is so maddening.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

Here's the deal, you have to take a run at the top people ... give them the opportunity to say yes.

Think Arkansas believed Bulimia would say yes as he was heading to the Rose Bowl ...

You never know until you ask ...

Everyone has a price.

We want Donatino ... ask for his hand

Want Frankline ... ask

Miles ... ask

It's the only way you know.

Bielema is a really great example of why you're all brilliant for demanding a proven head coach. Bring on the 3-9 seasons!
  • Options

I think in your coordinator study vs non BCS coaches you should separate coordinators who took over the program they were already at.

Most likely if a coordinator is taking over a program he's at the program is running well and he just has to maintain. Even Lambo who sucked has a good winning percentage because the program was healthy.

While a coordinator who is taking over as a first time head coach at a different program which is the situation UW is in is a different story.

Just my two cents, btw I never read that study and I'd love to actually read it.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    You have no idea the mess Smith left that program in.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

Here's the deal, you have to take a run at the top people ... give them the opportunity to say yes.

Think Arkansas believed Bulimia would say yes as he was heading to the Rose Bowl ...

Everyone has a price.

Want Frankline ... ask

Miles ... ask

Bielema is a really great example of why you're all brilliant for demanding a proven head coach. Bring on the 3-9 seasons!
    I was hoping we'd be Wisconsin where someone "steals" our coach and we end up with a better coach.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2013

topdawgnc said:

Everyone has a price.

Want Frankline ... ask

Miles ... ask

I was hoping we'd be Wisconsin where someone "steals" our coach and we end up with a better coach.
    I wonder if Wisconsin has woogs/boogs who said Gary Anderson? He sucks. We want a coordinator like Doug Nussmeier who's never won dick. I mean he has a natty. Gary Anderson will just leave us heartbroken when the Utah job opens up which means he would've been a success. We don't want that. We want a coordinator. Nobody wants this job. Poor us.
  • Options
    I really wanted Pool Boy to fire Sark after last years Apple Cup and swoop in and hire Anderson.

Anderson at UW would have been like Mora here. We'd been tough, hard nosed physical team.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

topdawgnc said:

Everyone has a price.

Want Frankline ... ask

Miles ... ask

Bielema was Wisconsin's Coker.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

Everyone has a price.

Want Frankline ... ask

Miles ... ask

Bielema was Wisconsin's Coker.
    Silly.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bielema is a great coach. One of the best. He's worth every penny Arky is paying.
  • Options

I think in your coordinator study vs non BCS coaches you should separate coordinators who took over the program they were already at.

Most likely if a coordinator is taking over a program he's at the program is running well and he just has to maintain. Even Lambo who sucked has a good winning percentage because the program was healthy.

While a coordinator who is taking over as a first time head coach at a different program which is the situation UW is in is a different story.

Just my two cents, btw I never read that study and I'd love to actually read it.
    That's just cherry picking.
  • Options

That's just cherry picking.
    I was asking you a question on how you did your study. Did you separate coordinators who left for other schools vs those who took over their own school?

I think it's a big difference between the situation of Sark's hire vs promoting Chip Kelly or even a Helfrich?

I think Bob Stoops for an example is a great coordinator to head coach than Kelly is what I'm getting at.