Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Petersen versus the Pac

2»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mad_Son said:

I would take airborne herpes over full blown AIDS.

We need to get a list of all the names that have been thrown out and then find a webtool that allows us to rank everyone and compare and compile the results.

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    topdawgnc said:

Remember TCU against the world ... then the coach had to start playing that schedule week in and week out ... same with Utah ...

Easy to out coach people when you have time ... but to do it week in and week out ... different story.

Your TCU/Utah/BSU against the World logic peters out when considering the fact that any new coach hired by UW won't be asked to build his program at Montlake with TCU/Utah/BSU resources in terms of coaching staff salaries, facilities, recruiting power, roster talent and depth, etc. Any coach we hire from a successful mid-level head coaching experience will come with some risk as did Don James when hired so many years ago from Kent State, but it's far more preferable than some coordinator from a big-name BCS school such as Alabama or USC who has no experience as a successful head football coach.

I'm biased, but I've always been impressed with the job Chris Peterson has done at BSU. He's in a rebuilding mode now, both with his staff of assistants which has gone through more than average attrition in recent years and in re-establishing player talent depth. The thing is Peterson's teams usually don't beat themselves with errors and mistakes and in that regard, his program at BSU is very....... Dawgfatherish. I also believe TCU's Gary Patterson would do better against the World if he were coaching at a bigger school such as Texas with far more resources than he's got at TCU.