Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JIMMY LAKE DC, KWAT CO-DC

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As I tweeted earlier today, the shit show of coaching around college ball works in Pete's favor especially with the salary he can offer. A smart assistant won't be in a hurry to LEAVE for any shit job that opens up. He can stay a build a resume for a GOOD coaching job.

Pete is a stable genius (hi @insinceredawg )
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,109
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought Nick Holt was our DC in the Fiesta Bowl.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2018
    The other thing this makes me wonder is with this it makes it a bit more confusing why didn't we go after Gerald Alexander instead of hiring Will Harris. Guessing its either a $ issue (I'm sure Harris will be cheaper), or there is something Pete really likes about Harris.

Either way it will be interesting...and I'm still betting Lake becomes the next Boise State coach when somebody hires Harsin away.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,310
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Is Lake fast strategy? Can he bring in enough fast strategy recruits? Is my post going to be nothing but questions?
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    dnc said:

dnc said:

There's a lot more ways for this to go badly than to go well.

Really hard to imagine it making us better.

Saban wanted him as his DC nuff said.
    Komo 4?

Also, Sark is a great OC. Being an alcoholic has nothing to do with his intelligence or talent as a game planner and play caller. He's good enough for Alabama and the Falcons. I think the opinions of the people who made the decision to hire him hold a little more weight than yours.
    Probably coming from this tweet.

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

If true, I’m surprised Lake turned that down. I can’t remember an Alabama DV that didn’t get a good head coaching job.
    ND made a run at him, too
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I really don't think this is that big of a change. First off, Twatkowski is a fucking stud.

But as long as twat is largely in charge of game planning still, I'm not worried. In a good system the coaches come up with a gameplan and by game day the plays are whittled down so much that it's relatively idiot proof. Think Babushka under Tedfurd. Twat will do alittle extra hand holding for a couple years until Lake givesback the title he's been borrowing.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

Komo 4?

Also, Sark is a great OC. Being an alcoholic has nothing to do with his intelligence or talent as a game planner and play caller. He's good enough for Alabama and the Falcons. I think the opinions of the people who made the decision to hire him hold a little more weight than yours.
    Saban shitcanned him after one game. He was never going to be the Bama OC in 17, he was a placeholder. Saban isn't completely FS. Dan Quinn is though. That speaks volumes.
    Whooooosh
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My guess is that Kwat is still Pete's #1 fishing buddy, and in the end, that probably matters more to him than anything else.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The DC title justifies Jen paying Lake as a Cordinator. it’s a good sign the ADs coffers are apparently healthy enough to commit seven figures times multiple years to a glorified position coach.

Don’t cry for Kawasaki. He gets a healthy bump, too. Adding more No Balls recruits doesn’t hurt Kawasaki’s chances for more raises or performance bonuses. Selfless? Nah.

Lol Bama offered Lake the DC job. 7 figures? Sure. Cordinator? Nope. Half truths—the hallmark of any good agent.

Kawasaki still runs the show. Jimmy inherits the title and more input into game day x’s and o’s. Pad that resume, baby.

UW defensive prowess. Lakes recruiting and development. Adding that marquee title to the resume : $$$$

Think Schiano without the baggage. Tick. Tick. Tick...Give No Balls a “T” for Texas and a “T” for Tennessee.

UW buys 1-3 more years of elite recruiting and Lake’s development. Irvin? Tick. Tick. Tick....

Win. Win. Can No Balls help close the elusive elite DL and LB in numbers?

Jen Cohen gettin it done....
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    uzi said:

My guess is that Mosster is still Pete's #1 fishing buddy, and in the end, that probably matters more to him than anything else.

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    To keep Lake here I think we should let him do whatever he wants: call plays (offense or defense), sing the national anthem, drive around in the head coach’s car, party on Greek row, ride a bicycle around campus naked.

You know, like the town treated Clint Eastwood in High Plains Drifter.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

To keep Lake here I think we should let him do whatever he wants: call plays (offense or defense), sing the national anthem, drive around in the head coach’s car, party on Greek row, ride a bicycle around campus naked.

You know, like the town treated Clint Eastwood in High Plains Drifter.

rapescene.gif
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    When Lake gets a HC offer from Colorado State in 2 years, ya think Pete can check his ego like Kawasaki and promote to Jimmy to Head Coach/D Coordinator/Recruiting Coordinator while demoting himself to co-HC?
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2018
    Another layer to this is how it will affect up and coming coaches and established coaches view UW as a landing spot. Couple this with Smith getting the HC job at Oregon St (Praise Allah) and Tedford landing at Fresno and it shows promising coaches that UW is a place they can come and improve their value while being treated first class if they excel at their job.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    CaptainPJ said:

Think Babushka under Tedfurd

Half of this FS bored was shrieking that Tedford was “a Consultant, who couldn’t even have contact with players, and at most cut up film.”

Until he left.

I think I am going to trust Peterman on this, let you fucktards carry on, and go get @Swayed.

Citation please.