Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Query for the Bored - Eason

2»

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

pawz said:

Serious Question. Why am I supposed to be excited about an Eason transfers?

History says most transfers are transferring because they weren't good enough to get meaningful time on the team they were playing on. Outside of Russell Wilson (grad transfer btw) who has had major success at their next stop?

The vast majority are Jake Heaps type. What did Max Browne do at Pitt? Not much. Who was the DB that transferred from Bama? Anybody hear from him? No.

Am I supposed to be excited for no more Jack Brownsocks? So fucking what, he won't be around in '19 anyway.

This feels like the time I was supposed to be excited for HWSNBN after he got fired from ND. Seems like a whole lot of unnecessary dooging going on.

I like to doog it up as much as the next guy, but I fail to understand the excitement. Seems like far more transfers never do anything meaningful. I would love to be wrong.

Please to be explaining ....

To put it in poker terms for your degenerate mind. Would you rather have AK suited or 10/J off suit?

It's just a numbers game is all it is. Get as much talent as you possibly can and whoever wins from there... congrats to them. That goes for every position.
    Eason is a suited ten-deuce
    Disagree. 9-7 suited out of the big blind when everyone else limps. The straight flush is in play, and it’s not costing anything extra.
    You win.

I smell like batteries.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,676
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2018

pawz said:

History says most transfers are transferring because they weren't good enough to get meaningful time on the team they were playing on. Outside of Russell Wilson (grad transfer btw) who has had major success at their next stop?

The vast majority are Jake Heaps type. What did Max Browne do at Pitt? Not much. Who was the DB that transferred from Bama? Anybody hear from him? No.

Am I supposed to be excited for no more Jack Brownsocks? So fucking what, he won't be around in '19 anyway.

This feels like the time I was supposed to be excited for HWSNBN after he got fired from ND. Seems like a whole lot of unnecessary dooging going on.

I like to doog it up as much as the next guy, but I fail to understand the excitement. Seems like far more transfers never do anything meaningful. I would love to be wrong.

To put it in poker terms for your degenerate mind. Would you rather have AK suited or 10/J off suit?

It's just a numbers game is all it is. Get as much talent as you possibly can and whoever wins from there... congrats to them. That goes for every position.
    Disagree. 9-7 suited out of the big blind when everyone else limps. The straight flush is in play, and it’s not costing anything extra.
    You win.

I smell like batteries.
    Disagree. 10-2 has won more World Championships than 97ss.

Simple fact.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Transfer QBs succeeding isn’t all that uncommon. Baker Mayfield and Cam Newton are two recent examples. Mayfield was the starter at TTech got hurt and then Wally Pipped by Mahomes then had l transfer to Okie.

I like to use Heisman winners as my example of why a Skinny transfer will go smashingly,

IWILTD.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If you don't want this guy *your a stupid fucking doog.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    pawz said:

pawz said:

You win.

I smell like batteries.

Simple fact.
    I picked 10-2 for a reason
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    salemcoog said:

Transfer QBs succeeding isn’t all that uncommon. Baker Mayfield and Cam Newton are two recent examples. Mayfield was the starter at TTech got hurt and then Wally Pipped by Mahomes then had l transfer to Okie.

I like to use Heisman winners as my example of why a Skinny transfer will go smashingly,

IWILTD.
    Counterbalancing the fact that Heaps and Browne were cherry-picked as complete flops, who also both happen to be pussy system product QBs.

You know all about those, being a WSU fan though.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Russel Wilson?
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That was a great play but I was hoping for a sexy keg stand.
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2018
    pawz said:

History says most transfers are transferring because they weren't good enough to get meaningful time on the team they were playing on.

He was injured, and as a result lost his starting role. Not unlike how Mark Brunell lost his starting role for the Huskies to Billy Jo.

The only difference is Brunell stayed, while Eason has decided (as is rumored) to leave. I think it is just more common for guys to transfer now.

It also might be worth remembering, that before Brunell was injured, there were rumors that Billy Jo was considering transferring out to get more playing time. I think he admitted after his NFL career was over that Miami had offered to take him ( I think Dennis Erickson had tried to recruit him to WSU before he took the Miami job).

That said, as far as I'm concerned, this is all just rumor. I'll believe the transfer news after it is official. Some rumors that made the Seattle Times aren't enough to make me believe it is happening.
  • Del_GriffithDel_Griffith Member Posts: 128
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Is he allowed to practice with the team prior to 2019 season? Does he now count against UW's 85 scholarships?
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

You win.

I smell like batteries.

Simple fact.
    I picked 10-2 for a reason
    I thought you might have ... it gave me pause as it flies in the face of GTO poker strategery ....
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Over a 1.712M sample size

equity win tie pots won pots tied
    Hand 0: 65.049% 64.84% 00.21% 1110223 3620.00 { AsKs }
    Hand 1: 34.951% 34.74% 00.21% 594851 3620.00 { JcTd }

Simple fact.