Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Treshaun Harrison Update

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,490
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Looks like a former Husky Legend made a post on KJV's site today about the Harrison situation ... essentially to paraphrase the whole thing was basically that Harrison sees himself as a WR, we viewed him as a DB, that we agreed to disagree, and that it wasn't because Harrison wasn't OKG.

Here's the thing from my perspective and to further clarify my earlier comments ...

As Vita was so eloquent in explaining during the media days for the Fiesta Bowl things go in order from Team --> Unit --> Me

From the first time I saw Harrison's video, I thought if he embraced it he'd have the potential to have a lengthy career as a DB ... when I saw the video I saw Lawyer Milloy.

As I watched some of his senior video, combined with some comments from @Dennis_DeYoung that were consistent with what I was seeing, you could definitely see a very good option at RB if he was interested in doing that.

However, at WR, I definitely don't see a player better than Spiker/Osborne, better than what we brought in last class, or what we'll bring in in next year's class. In other words, he'd be likely buried in the depth at UW at WR.

Let's be honest for a second here ... if you are going to be a high caliber S, you need to have a certain mindset and toughness to play that position well. If you're going to be a RB, while you get a lot of attention, you have to be prepared to get hit in the process. And with the way teams are utillizing multiple RBs now, the glory gets spread and the hits still keep coming. In contrast, at WR, you have the potential to get all the glory that you get at RB without having to take the same kind of pounding.

He'll end up at Florida St and follow Taggart. Taggart is the ultimate snake oil salesman and him and Oregon were a perfect match for each other. Playing WR in Taggart's offense is like playing a glorified RB. He'll get the ball on WR screens, jet sweeps, etc. without having to take the pounding between the tackles. Whether he has a strong college career or not (and particularly going to FSU, I suspect his potential to be buried in the depth will only increase), playing WR IMO is his worst shot to potentially play in the NFL. But that's fine.

The reason that I compared Harrison to guys like Wroten, etc. to recently come out of Seattle is because the common trait that I see is a lot of the guys have looked to take the easiest path possible in the short-term while ultimately penalizing themselves in the long-term.

This isn't an example of where I really blame Petersen for not landing Harrison. Bringing him in at WR will not make us a better football team comparatively to what we can and will get going forward. At RB, there was probably room for a discussion but Harrison wasn't interested. At S he would have been best served long-term but again wasn't interested. To be an elite team you need guys on the roster that are willing to live by the mantra of Team --> Unit --> Me ... and given how Harrison has gone about his recruitment (which he is more than entitled to do), we're not a good fit for him.

Best of luck to him going forward ... but I personally don't think we'll miss him.

Jesus
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Looks like a former Husky Legend made a post on KJV's site today about the Harrison situation ... essentially to paraphrase the whole thing was basically that Harrison sees himself as a WR, we viewed him as a DB, that we agreed to disagree, and that it wasn't because Harrison wasn't OKG.

Here's the thing from my perspective and to further clarify my earlier comments ...

As Vita was so eloquent in explaining during the media days for the Fiesta Bowl things go in order from Team --> Unit --> Me

From the first time I saw Harrison's video, I thought if he embraced it he'd have the potential to have a lengthy career as a DB ... when I saw the video I saw Lawyer Milloy.

As I watched some of his senior video, combined with some comments from @Dennis_DeYoung that were consistent with what I was seeing, you could definitely see a very good option at RB if he was interested in doing that.

However, at WR, I definitely don't see a player better than Spiker/Osborne, better than what we brought in last class, or what we'll bring in in next year's class. In other words, he'd be likely buried in the depth at UW at WR.

Let's be honest for a second here ... if you are going to be a high caliber S, you need to have a certain mindset and toughness to play that position well. If you're going to be a RB, while you get a lot of attention, you have to be prepared to get hit in the process. And with the way teams are utillizing multiple RBs now, the glory gets spread and the hits still keep coming. In contrast, at WR, you have the potential to get all the glory that you get at RB without having to take the same kind of pounding.

He'll end up at Florida St and follow Taggart. Taggart is the ultimate snake oil salesman and him and Oregon were a perfect match for each other. Playing WR in Taggart's offense is like playing a glorified RB. He'll get the ball on WR screens, jet sweeps, etc. without having to take the pounding between the tackles. Whether he has a strong college career or not (and particularly going to FSU, I suspect his potential to be buried in the depth will only increase), playing WR IMO is his worst shot to potentially play in the NFL. But that's fine.

The reason that I compared Harrison to guys like Wroten, etc. to recently come out of Seattle is because the common trait that I see is a lot of the guys have looked to take the easiest path possible in the short-term while ultimately penalizing themselves in the long-term.

This isn't an example of where I really blame Petersen for not landing Harrison. Bringing him in at WR will not make us a better football team comparatively to what we can and will get going forward. At RB, there was probably room for a discussion but Harrison wasn't interested. At S he would have been best served long-term but again wasn't interested. To be an elite team you need guys on the roster that are willing to live by the mantra of Team --> Unit --> Me ... and given how Harrison has gone about his recruitment (which he is more than entitled to do), we're not a good fit for him.

Best of luck to him going forward ... but I personally don't think we'll miss him.

Corey Dillon was playing Safety until Shehee got hurt. Just Sayin
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m pissed we aren’t getting Harrison. He’s a dynamic player. He’s a 4.4 guy with size. I think his upside is higher than Spiker’s although we should have really targeted Harrison at RB.

I don’t live in a world where Harrison has a higher upside than Spiker at WR. Spiker is elite. Harrison is good, but not elite at WR. Plus we have Joe Ngata on his way, hopefully, who literally walks on water and turns that water into wine, then urinates that wine into the cum guzzler DBs who can’t guard him.
    I probably like Spiker less than most here. He’s good. He’s not fast though. He reminds me of the USC 4 and 5 Star WR’s like Ausberry and Brice Butler. They both made the NFL, but were merely solid players in college.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I’m pissed we aren’t getting Harrison. He’s a dynamic player. He’s a 4.4 guy with size. I think his upside is higher than Spiker’s although we should have really targeted Harrison at RB.

Which likely wouldn't have mattered because he wants to play WR
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,490
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Talking about Browning getting a concussion is less gay than this shit.
  • Options

I don’t live in a world where Harrison has a higher upside than Spiker at WR. Spiker is elite. Harrison is good, but not elite at WR. Plus we have Joe Ngata on his way, hopefully, who literally walks on water and turns that water into wine, then urinates that wine into the cum guzzler DBs who can’t guard him.
    I probably like Spiker less than most here. He’s good. He’s not fast though. He reminds me of the USC 4 and 5 Star WR’s like Ausberry and Brice Butler. They both made the NFL, but were merely solid players in college.
    Best case scenario for your opinion is as follows:

Spiker is close to maximizing his potential but is at worst going to be a very solid college WR ... he's likely got a relatively smaller range of volatility to his career ...

Harrison at best if everything goes right reaches a ceiling that Spiker doesn't reach ... however, the floor is that he is just a guy with a lot of athletic ability that never really learns the nuances of playing WR ... high volatility guy

• Options

You're all stupid. Tre'Shaun is an in-state dynamic athlete with decent size who can be great at RB or safety, and he goes to a school that produces a decent amount of good players and is home to the top 2020 kid in state. Want.

Agree 100% with all of this ...

If Harrison wanted to be a RB or a S ... he's at UW ... no doubt about that.

But he wants to be a WR ... which there isn't a spot for him at UW ...
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I was sexting with Dennis and according to him Will Harris followed Harrison on the twatters recently.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    This thread needs more racist crap.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373

Is this true?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2018

Is this true?
    No but dont let it stand in the way of a good story.

Yup it’s true ask @RaceBannon . Shehee was the starter , Dillon was playing safety.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2018

Is this true?
    No but dont let it stand in the way of a good story.
    Yup it’s true ask @RaceBannon . Shehee was the starter , Dillon was playing safety.

Were you even alive that season? Tell me about all the reps that Dillon took against asu and BYU at safety. That never happened. He was the back up tailback. Check the box scores and you will see he had carries before taking over vs Arizona.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

What a load of Stephen A. Bullshit. Who the hell knows what the mindset of Harrison is, what his "toughness" is, or what he truly values out of playing football. You sure as fuck don't. Maybe he wants to play WR because he's a pansy. Or maybe he actually thinks he has the skillset to succeed at that position. But your 5000 words of nonsense don't add anything to the conversation besides adding yet another chapter of your vintage shooting from the hip bullshit.