Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why coaching matters

2»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Houhusky said:

What's Petersen's buyout? Any chance to some of the boosters step up?

LOL. I love this argument any time someone dares to point out an area for improvement.
    I can’t believe that boobs is actually right...

The narrative pushed by the vocal teen boy stalkers is that you can’t expect UW to compete for the fiesta bowl against penn state unless we recruit top ten recruiting classes every fucking year...

Seriously...? This is some dawgman sark faggot bullshit. If UW has to recruit on the same level as USC, Alabama, OSU or FSU every fucking year to beat Penn state we are completely fucked anyways...

recruiting BTW:

2012: UW 24th : PSU 47th
    2013: UW 18th : PSU 33rd
    2014: UW 38th : PSU 24th
    2015: UW 26th : PSU 14th
    2016: UW 29th : PSU 20th

AVRG: UW 27th : PSU 28th

The recruiting differences between UW and PSU are tiny, its about player scouting, development, coaching, and scheme... Even players like BBK and Bryant have shown to be serviceable with the proper scheme.

PSUs WR that torched the shit out of our all star CBs and Safeties was a lightly recruited 3 star RS senior WR put in a position to look like an all star yesturday through coaching, development, and scheme.

Doogs blame coordinators and players for losses

Ignore zero QB improvement. Ignore zero WR development. Ignore shit OL play. Ignore berria and azeem regressing. Ignore shitty DL build and scheme. Ignore shit 3rd down scheme for both the offense and the defense. Ignore Jojo backpedaling 25 yards from the LOS as the single high safety on two long 3rd down TD passes

Let's all jerk off about how much we hate white players and Bryant.

Petersens entire core competency revolves around taking less superior recruiting classes and making them compete through scheme, coaching, and development with higher tier teams...

And before all you faggots that obsess about recruiting teenage boys get your panties in a bunch, Im not saying recruiting doesnt matter or Pete should be fired. Im saying over the past 4-5 years UW should have had enough development, coaching, and scheme to beat Penn State.
    I hate it when someone poasts thoughtful
    shit leaving me no room for a smart ass comment.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I just got back from an alternate universe. Peterman did indeed go for it on 4th. Jake got sacked, PSU took over and scored. Here's Baabs' post:

Why Coaching Matters

It sucks to lose a 7 point game when the coach goes for it on 4th down in the second quarter and gives the opponent a short field to easily score.

Exactly. In another game where your running back is falling over his shoe laces for 4 yards at a clip, maybe. Not yesterday.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,298
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Climpson should have fired Dabo after year 4 when he went 10-4 and lost the Orange Bowl 70-33 to West Virginia.

Washington isn't located in the Deep South.

If you want to win a natty at Washington, you have to optimize recruiting, player development, and game management.
    There's been one Tier II program to win a NT since TN in 1998. And it was in year 8.5 of Dabo's tenure. We had to have a few good (not NT caliber though) season's to optimize recruiting, which just happened. Nothing has changed with the plan; we are on schedule. Since I am a faggy atheist I don't expect miracles.
    I would also include Auburn as a Tier 2. Which required Cameron Newton being amazing beyond all belief.

Even so, Those two schools plus Oregon are probably the only Tier 2s to even play for the title in that timespan.

• Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Houhusky said:

LOL. I love this argument any time someone dares to point out an area for improvement.

The narrative pushed by the vocal teen boy stalkers is that you can’t expect UW to compete for the fiesta bowl against penn state unless we recruit top ten recruiting classes every fucking year...

Seriously...? This is some dawgman sark faggot bullshit. If UW has to recruit on the same level as USC, Alabama, OSU or FSU every fucking year to beat Penn state we are completely fucked anyways...

recruiting BTW:

The recruiting differences between UW and PSU are tiny, its about player scouting, development, coaching, and scheme... Even players like BBK and Bryant have shown to be serviceable with the proper scheme.

PSUs WR that torched the shit out of our all star CBs and Safeties was a lightly recruited 3 star RS senior WR put in a position to look like an all star yesturday through coaching, development, and scheme.

Ignore zero QB improvement. Ignore zero WR development. Ignore shit OL play. Ignore berria and azeem regressing. Ignore shitty DL build and scheme. Ignore shit 3rd down scheme for both the offense and the defense. Ignore Jojo backpedaling 25 yards from the LOS as the single high safety on two long 3rd down TD passes

Petersens entire core competency revolves around taking less superior recruiting classes and making them compete through scheme, coaching, and development with higher tier teams...

And before all you faggots that obsess about recruiting teenage boys get your panties in a bunch, Im not saying recruiting doesnt matter or Pete should be fired. Im saying over the past 4-5 years UW should have had enough development, coaching, and scheme to beat Penn State.
    Yeah but that lightly recruited WR is 6"4. That's the problem is with coaches like Pease, Strassuer, Gregory to an extent, and Smiff you don't get physcially talented lightly recruited players ( who end up going elsewhere becuz they can't recruit) you get little white runts like BBGAY.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    What was the difference yesterday? QB play and edge play.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

recruiting BTW:

Great post.