Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Superior coaching

Since Pete got here, we’ve all talked about his past record. He out coached both Oklahoma and Georgia in their bowl games, for sure.

Who has he out coached since he’s been at UW? Shaw?

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

JECAR said:

Since Pete got here, we’ve all talked about his past record. He out coached both Oklahoma and Georgia in their bowl games, for sure.

Please go back to DM.C. Pete has recruited and coached this team from the ashes of Alexis TeXAsS cornhole. He got the team to a playoff and a BCS game when this team was STRUGGLING to make a bowl game. Don't be that fan after a shitty game.
    So you can't name a single coach he has outcoached?

Got it.
  • Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Good fucking God he is building this program up from scratch essentially. People act like we were Ohio State when Pete came in.

How hard is it Cunt? I’m not saying he’s not building something for fuck sake. If you can’t answer the question, fuck off.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

JECAR said:

Good fucking God he is building this program up from scratch essentially. People act like we were Ohio State when Pete came in.

How hard is it Cunt? I’m not saying he’s not building something for fuck sake. If you can’t answer the question, fuck off.
    Shaw. What do you propose we do then?
    I've got a few lemons still
  • Options
    TheDawgFan1227TheDawgFan1227 Member Posts: 335
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Guys we are on the upswing here. Remember that movie, A Knight's Tale? Where Ledger is like wtf, I can't do this shit. But then his friends are like yeah you can man, you can get this pussy through jousting. Then he fucking does it. Thats what building a football program is about and thats what is happening here. We've jousted ourself into a couple ten win seasons and we're gonna pole vault from their into some better recruiting classes. Through that we get the ultimate goal.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    edited December 2017

JECAR said:

Shaw. What do you propose we do then?
    I've got a few lemons still
    Isn't this proving a negative? He's lost to some shitty teams, but won against most. Losing to Penn state and bama isn't a horrid thing. It's not what anyone wanted but if you thought 5 years ago this team was top 4 and top 10 I'd wager heavily against. We? haven't been blown out by shit teams.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    edited December 2017
    Sledog said:

JECAR said:

Please go back to DM.C. Pete has recruited and coached this team from the ashes of Alexis TeXAsS cornhole. He got the team to a playoff and a BCS game when this team was STRUGGLING to make a bowl game. Don't be that fan after a shitty game.

Got it.
    10 out of 13 this year.

12 out of 14 last year. HTH

exFUCKINGactly. I was going to count his wins over four years and post the same type of thing.

Yes. It is possible he was outcoached today in the first half. But gayme day coaching is about 25 % (if not less) of a coaches job.

OP is a absolute fucking moron. And that's giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Sure as hell doesn't surprise me that Boobs fucking agrees with her.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Is OP one of those guys that thinks the coaches should read the board for pro tips?
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

JECAR said:

Got it.
    As a recall, he's lost to shaw, graham, saban and helton.

Shaw is good, saban is elite, helton is to be seen, and graham is mediocre. He's beat everyone else after 2 years which I'd say is more than fair after the sark sandwich.

Fire him and let's start a new search with cristobol.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He outcoached sark in 2015
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    JECAR said:

Coach Pete is in the top 7/8 of all cfb in America, but Jecar has a point if we go back over the last two years. There's alot of coaches who would have a pretty similar record to Pete with the talent advantage he's had the last two years versus the crappy non-conference and Pac-12 teams we've beat.

And the Friday night Stanford game up here was a perfect storm where the team and crowd were amped up out of their minds. No way were losing that game on that day.

Pete knows what needs to be done, and the last two recruiting classes prove that. These last two bowl games show you can't have multiple jags/try-hards on the field as you can't hide them on this stage

• Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    edited December 2017
    He out coached Colorado in 2016 to win the Pac 12 championship.

He out coaches Leach every time they play.

He out coached Shaw last year.

He out coached Utah, the only Pac 12 team this year to win their bowl game.

This isn't intended to be an exhaustive list, just some games that I presume the OP forgot.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2017