Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO DDY Breakdown 2018 Early Signees: Defense (Lineman/BUCK)

2»

Comments

• DarnoldPalmerDarnoldPalmer Member Posts: 59
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I agree mostly with both Coker and DDY. I think the guy who has the highest potential at a DDY3 rating is definitely Bynum. I love Taimani as an OL, but there is just not much out there on him as a DL.

TL;DR - We're fucked @ DL in 2019.
  • RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I love you, Dennis.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

If Zion does not end up at BUCK (which DDY prefers), then who is the BUCK in this class? Admittedly, I like the explosiveness and closing speed of both Tafisi and Kaho. Both will have success rushing the passer, no matter which LB position they play.

Help us Jeremiah Martin, you're our only hope.
    In a strange way, looking at Bartlett, Potoae and Bowman reminds of the days when Chris Jurgens and Todd Elstrom were our best WRs.

Not knocking any of those guys, but it's just not the level we need.

I also see some of the same things that others (I think NorwegianHusky) mentioned re Martin on another thread. He seems to come in straight up (little bend), and without an incredibly explosive first step. I'd be interested in others' thoughts.
    Holy fucking shit. If you don't want Martin, you want someone else? Prey fucking tell. Who are the other options? Lawrence Taylor isn't available that I know of.

My fucking god. I don't get it. Martin is a DDY3. Dude is explosive, huge and accelerates in a rare way.

Can he improve on technique? Yes. Playing 'high' when you are physically dominant is the least fucking important thing I've ever heard of...

And in terms of not having an explosive first step - I mean - what the fuck? I don't see that at all. What kind of fucking players are you guys watching?

He looks like he has a higher end upside than Cameron Latu, to me. He doesn't play as 'heavy', but he's not nearly as developed as he will be. The dude will put on 35 pounds of muscle here and he won't lose much explosion.

If you look at him in a stance, he's plenty flexible - he just isn't fully formed. Physically he's super rare. I don't get it at all.
    Well excuuuuse me. If he is a “DDY3” what could I be thinking? Blasphemy!

First off, your Holiness, I never said I didn’t want him. I WANT HIM. I was simply agreeing with another poster’s comments on his tape and asking for other opinions. Happy to hear counter viewpoints.

Watch Josh Shirley’s HS tape. That is explosion.
    Dissent is not tolerated.
    Sorry kim. :-)
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I listen to every pod and I'm going to listen to this one too. Please throw in in some overall Pac-12 shit for me okay?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    89ute said:

I listen to every pod and I'm going to listen to this one too. Please throw in in some overall Pac-12 shit for me okay?

In their defense, this is a husky related pod lol
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Passion said:

Passion said:

If Zion does not end up at BUCK (which DDY prefers), then who is the BUCK in this class? Admittedly, I like the explosiveness and closing speed of both Tafisi and Kaho. Both will have success rushing the passer, no matter which LB position they play.

In a strange way, looking at Bartlett, Potoae and Bowman reminds of the days when Chris Jurgens and Todd Elstrom were our best WRs.

Not knocking any of those guys, but it's just not the level we need.

I also see some of the same things that others (I think NorwegianHusky) mentioned re Martin on another thread. He seems to come in straight up (little bend), and without an incredibly explosive first step. I'd be interested in others' thoughts.
    Holy fucking shit. If you don't want Martin, you want someone else? Prey fucking tell. Who are the other options? Lawrence Taylor isn't available that I know of.

My fucking god. I don't get it. Martin is a DDY3. Dude is explosive, huge and accelerates in a rare way.

Can he improve on technique? Yes. Playing 'high' when you are physically dominant is the least fucking important thing I've ever heard of...

And in terms of not having an explosive first step - I mean - what the fuck? I don't see that at all. What kind of fucking players are you guys watching?

He looks like he has a higher end upside than Cameron Latu, to me. He doesn't play as 'heavy', but he's not nearly as developed as he will be. The dude will put on 35 pounds of muscle here and he won't lose much explosion.

If you look at him in a stance, he's plenty flexible - he just isn't fully formed. Physically he's super rare. I don't get it at all.
    I agree Martin is the best available. DDY3 though? Maybe a high DDY2, because he's big and I agree he has a good first step.

My concern with him playing upright is that he might not be flexible. If he can't bend, he's never going to beat any decently quick tackles even if he does have a good first step.

I agree his upside is really high, I just think his floor is also kind of low. I think Latu is better personally, but anyone saying we shouldn't take this kid is dumb.

We need some athletic buck prospects more than anything. We didn't get McClain so hopefully we can get this guy.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

89ute said:

On the next signing day we definitely will.
    Take care of the Ute.
    We have 89 Ute fans on this bored. Take care of them all.
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Baseman said:

89ute said:

On the next signing day we definitely will.
    Take care of the Ute.
    We have 89 Ute fans on this bored. Take care of them all.
    Ute Lives Matter.