Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Signees

Can someone put together a list of schools and how many commits signed compared to how many commits they have? Cause I'm lazy. And @Swaye I'll fuck this up and I'm not even good enough to be your apprentice, but here goes.

photo 1e1960eb2654427ddcaea02492e00cdb_zps6s3pt1cz.jpg

photo 756c0a9ec024a9c622604fb9a52f177d_zpsaltnut5f.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,081
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    You did not fuck this one up at all.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

UW - 18 signed, 0 still looking around
    WSU - 18 signed, 5 still looking
    Oregon - 13 signed, 7 still looking
    OSU - 11 signed, 0 still looking
    Stanford - 10 signed, 3 still looking
    Cal - 18 signed, 0 still looking
    SC - 8 signed, 3 still looking
    UCLA - 8 signed, 3 still looking
    The rest - NOC

Nice work!!!

Cal still too high. Oh wait.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    biak1 said:

I would have assumed Stanford would close all of their commits due to the nature and similarity of their program to Pete’s.

USC and UCLA will almost always play the waiting game because they can afford to Bruce Wayne it and dick over the rest of the PAC schools.

I might be misremembering, but I think Stanford doesn't get their admissions process completely finished until late December or even January. Some kids may still be waiting.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Fun fact: the recruiting class from the state of Oregon was amazing this year - 7 4-stars.

2 signed with UW, 1 with Oregon

Where are the other 4?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

The rest - NOC

This will be an important metric in future years I think. The teams that can nail down a relatively full class early are significantly advantaged from a resourcing perspective for both late onesie twosies in the current cycle and laying groundwork for the next cycle.

Cal and UW were far and away the best this year. I do think USC is sort of a special case in that they are playing a different higher end game where they think there is self interest in NOT filling their class early, to try and cherry pick 5 stars or whatever. But, for most all teams with the exception of the blue blood goliaths, getting a 95% class signed in December is a huge advantage. I think UW will always be near tops in the conference in this under Pete - and shows he understands how resourcing works and makes it a central focus of our efforts. Efficiency wins in almost all markets, and I doubt CFB is an exception.

In short, I have a big fat short red boner.
    Sorry @dnc
    It’s not the size of the arrow, it’s the force of the bow
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

The rest - NOC

This will be an important metric in future years I think. The teams that can nail down a relatively full class early are significantly advantaged from a resourcing perspective for both late onesie twosies in the current cycle and laying groundwork for the next cycle.

Cal and UW were far and away the best this year. I do think USC is sort of a special case in that they are playing a different higher end game where they think there is self interest in NOT filling their class early, to try and cherry pick 5 stars or whatever. But, for most all teams with the exception of the blue blood goliaths, getting a 95% class signed in December is a huge advantage. I think UW will always be near tops in the conference in this under Pete - and shows he understands how resourcing works and makes it a central focus of our efforts. Efficiency wins in almost all markets, and I doubt CFB is an exception.

In short, I have a big fat short red boner.
    Sorry @dnc
    It’s not the size of the arrow, it’s the force of the bow

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The February scramble between SC, UCLA, Bama, tOSU, etc. for the remaining attention- whore recruits will be fun to watch. It will be like 1:45 at the bar and the hot chick hasn't gone home with anyone yet.

And all the while, Pete is done fucking and is already planning which chicks he's going to take home in 2019
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,604
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

The rest - NOC

In short, I have a big fat red boner.
    You learned to write real good at Orkin College. This reads nice.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

The rest - NOC

In short, I have a big fat red boner.
    You learned to write real good at Orkin College. This reads nice.