Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2016 and 2017 were the years. Fuck.

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
30 years from now we'll look back at these defenses (especially the DL) and lament how awful our offense was. The pieces were in place for a championship run or two. With our recruiting failures we'll not have a DL like this for many years, if ever.

As always, fuck Johnathan Smith.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Quit plagiarism pumpy's shit.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,543
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I trust the DL recruiters.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    They were great opportunities. They won't be the only ones Pete has.

The DL might dropoff (okay, almost certainly will). But the improvement at QB, WR and OC in the coming years will make up for it and then some. OL too most likely.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

30 years from now we'll look back at these defenses (especially the DL) and lament how awful our offense was. The pieces were in place for a championship run or two. With our recruiting failures we'll not have a DL like this for many years, if ever.

As always, fuck Johnathan Smith.

If you're going to lay blame, you need to do so toward Peterson for hiring Smith in the first place and then keeping him here.
    Somewhat fallacious as he gets credit for everything else in the program that kicks ass. Obviously it ends ultimately with him.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

On a day of over-reaction this is at or near the top of the list

30 years from now I’ll turn to my life partner and tell him that we would have won the Nat if we wouldn’t have scored 7 points against Todd graham, 8 second half points against Stanford, called plays with a coach who would later set the record for most 0wen twelves at Beavis, recruited with crusty sodbusters and twitter illiterate USU coordinators, relied on a pasty noodle armed qb, had our best lineman blow his knee out, and sat our 2 stars on offense on the bench 70% of the tim.
    This is our QB. Greek God. Wasted Years. TSIO.

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    You think this defense just happened by accident?
  • Options
    Founders Club

You think this defense just happened by accident?

Not the point.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    if Pat Haden had never higher ed Sark Troy Williams would have led our team to a record breaking season and cyler would have been door ass out before ever playing a game.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

30 years from now I’ll turn to my life partner and tell him that we would have won the Nat if we wouldn’t have scored 7 points against Todd graham, 8 second half points against Stanford, called plays with a coach who would later set the record for most 0wen twelves at Beavis, recruited with crusty sodbusters and twitter illiterate USU coordinators, relied on a pasty noodle armed qb, had our best lineman blow his knee out, and sat our 2 stars on offense on the bench 70% of the tim.
    This team was never winning a national title this year
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,543
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Solid doogman take.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Solid doogman take.
    You have a lot of hate in your life
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

The DL might dropoff (okay, almost certainly will). But the improvement at QB, WR and OC in the coming years will make up for it and then some. OL too most likely.

Disagree.

Improvements at QB & WR aren't going to mean much if the OL they have blocking for them is total shit. And after next season, because of Strausser's recruiting, that's what's going to happen.

Huff's been a huge step up, but we're going to have the same problem at OL that we had at WR this year... except worse, because unlike WR, offensive linemen very rarely contribute their first couple of years in the program.

The exact same thing will happen on the DL starting in 2019, sooner if Levi or String get hurt next season. Our OL & DL depth and talent going forward is a fucking joke compared to the teams we aspire to compete with.

Praise allah that Petersen was smart enough to fuck-can Strausser & Pease. He needs to do the same with Malloe, and I'm confident he will. But even if/when he does... we're not going to sniff the playoffs for a bunch of years because of the massive recruiting failures on both lines during the last couple of years.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    guntlove said:

dnc said:

Disagree.

Improvements at QB & WR aren't going to mean much if the OL they have blocking for them is total shit. And after next season, because of Strausser's recruiting, that's what's going to happen.

Huff's been a huge step up, but we're going to have the same problem at OL that we had at WR this year... except worse, because unlike WR, offensive linemen very rarely contribute their first couple of years in the program.

The exact same thing will happen on the DL starting in 2019, sooner if Levi or String get hurt next season. Our OL & DL depth and talent going forward is a fucking joke compared to the teams we aspire to compete with.

Praise allah that Petersen was smart enough to fuck-can Strausser & Pease. He needs to do the same with Malloe, and I'm confident he will. But even if/when he does... we're not going to sniff the playoffs for a bunch of years because of the massive recruiting failures on both lines during the last couple of years.
    You think Pete's leaving in the next four or five years?

I said 16 and 17 won't be Pete's only shot at an NC (the premise of this thread). It won't. A couple years of bad Strausser recruiting delays that, it doesn't change it, unless Pete laves.

I think he's here for at least 10 more years. If so, he makes the playoffs at least 2 or 3 times in that span.

GATSSYN