Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Great idea. Get politics out of the intelligence business

13»

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    Ironically enough, I'm reading Moby Dick. (Hitler is on the cusp of heading into Austria) I find far more similarities with how Maury Povich does business than anything Dave Grohl is doing. Frankly it's not even close.

I know that doesn't fit your narrative, but it's true.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Mad_Son said:

Ironically enough, I'm reading Moby Dick. (Hitler is on the cusp of heading into Austria) I find far more similarities with how Maury Povich does business than anything Dave Grohl is doing. Frankly it's not even close.

Agree.

Mad_Son said:

Ironically enough, I'm reading The Rise and the Fall of the Third Reich. (Hitler is on the cusp of heading into Austria) I find far more similarities with how Trump does business than anything anyone who cares about freedom is doing. Frankly it's not even close.

Except for the small, annoying detail that Hitler killed millions of people while conducting his business, and Trump killed no one. I know that doesn't fit your narrative, but it's true.
    Is that all you know about Hitler? Do you know fascism is? Do you understand the systematic oppression of idea-exchange. You strike me as someone who would pretend to care about the first amendment so I'd hope so.
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Ironically enough, I'm reading The Rise and the Fall of the Third Reich. (Hitler is on the cusp of heading into Austria) I find far more similarities with how Trump does business than anything anyone who cares about freedom is doing. Frankly it's not even close.

Except for the small, annoying detail that Hitler killed millions of people while conducting his business, and Trump killed no one. I know that doesn't fit your narrative, but it's true.
    Is that all you know about Hitler? Do you know fascism is? Do you understand the systematic oppression of idea-exchange. You strike me as someone who would pretend to care about the first amendment so I'd hope so.
    Who is suppressing idea exchange? I hate anyone who tries to suppress free speech. That's why I fucking hate the left so strongly.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Who is suppressing idea exchange? I hate anyone who tries to suppress free speech. That's why I fucking hate the left so strongly.
    You like your presidents to tell private businesses what to do and tweet arguments telling the media what they can and can't report on.

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Ok, so Trump wants his secret intelligence agency... literally what this thread is about... doesn't like having people reporting independent of him.

Here is a short list of the ways he derides and calls for reduction of free speech from a few months ago to start...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/a-brief-history-of-donald-trumps-mixed-messages-on-freedom-of-speech/2017/09/28/dd44160c-a3b6-11e7-ade1-76d061d56efa_story.html
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    It isn’t what this thread is about but, nice rant anyway.
    2001400ex said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

You like your presidents to tell private businesses what to do and tweet arguments telling the media what they can and can't report on.
    He can tell them these things and tweet all he wants to. It's not the same as a law forcing them to do what he wants them to do. HTH.
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Ok, so Trump wants his secret intelligence agency... literally what this thread is about... doesn't like having people reporting independent of him.

Here is a short list of the ways he derides and calls for reduction of free speech from a few months ago to start...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/a-brief-history-of-donald-trumps-mixed-messages-on-freedom-of-speech/2017/09/28/dd44160c-a3b6-11e7-ade1-76d061d56efa_story.html
    If you want to talk about supression of free speech, you need look no further than California, which criminalizes certain speech now with fines or jail time. Just like Canada. The left did that.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

If you want to talk about supression of free speech, you need look no further than California, which criminalizes certain speech now with fines or jail time. Just like Canada. The left did that.
    It's almost like you have no idea what you are talking about.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,068 Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Flattered that you are single-handedly creating a new HCH meme out of my poast.

Have you ever tried to express an idea to a leftist that is different than theirs? (Like when Hitler is on the cusp of heading into Austria?) The response is usually a systematic oppression of idea-exchange.

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Ironically enough, I'm reading Dianetics. (L Ron Hubbard is on the cusp of heading into open waters) I find far more similarities with how Jim Jones does business than anything Charles Manson is doing. Frankly it's not even close.