Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OBK's Short List

oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited December 2017 in College Football Forum
Go big or go home.

Nick Saban.
Urban Meyer.
Gus Malzahn.
Dabo Swinney.

Oregon's advantage is money, supposedly. Use it to poach a big name. The trash currently mentioned -- Leach, Kiffin, Sumlin, etc., this dreck swirling around at the bottom of the drain won't fucking fly in Eugene.

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    @dnc saidMight want to consider Bill Bellichick as well
    I was gonna say that
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    No one is paying Schiano anything because his worthless ass is not wanted here.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Oregon's advantage is money, supposedly. Use it to poach a big name.

you should retire that thought alongside #swagsurfin, bumping your messiah's salary by $700k a year isnt deep pockets.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Oregon's advantage is money, supposedly. Use it to poach a big name.

you should retire that thought alongside #swagsurfin, bumping your messiah's salary by $700k a year isnt deep pockets.
    This. Oregon has deep pockets. They just don't pay coaches. Ever.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon is a good, desirable job with support from a we'll funded, competitive athletic department and a strangely broad and diverse fan base. It's an easy place to recruit to. It's on a similar level to the UW job though it gets there in different ways.

It isn't a blue blood program or a destination job that an established, top tier coach is going to bother with though. Even a low end guy with with a questionable resume but amazing self promotion skills like Taggart only saw it as a stepping stone.

Oregon is in a tough spot given the expectations for that program. There aren't any Chris Petersons out there right now...guys who anyone with half a brain knows have a moderately high floor and an elite ceiling yet are amenable to a good, not elite gig. They're going to have grab someone younger either from a lower level or from the coordinator ranks. No such thing as a sure thing there but the next great head coach is out there somewhere.

Keep daydreaming about stealing someone from the NFL or a blue blood program though. That's fun.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    CORRECT !!! I have good friends in the BSU AD, who tell me, emphatically, that Pete has two "Dream Jobs": Notre Dame and Oregon, and not necessarily in that order!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    chuck said:

Oregon is a good, desirable job with support from a we'll funded, competitive athletic department and a strangely broad and diverse fan base. It's an easy place to recruit to. It's on a similar level to the UW job though it gets there in different ways.

It isn't a blue blood program or a destination job that an established, top tier coach is going to bother with though. Even a low end guy with with a questionable resume but amazing self promotion skills like Taggart only saw it as a stepping stone.

Oregon is in a tough spot given the expectations for that program. There aren't any Chris Petersons out there right now...guys who anyone with half a brain knows have a moderately high floor and an elite ceiling yet are amenable to a good, not elite gig. They're going to have grab someone younger either from a lower level or from the coordinator ranks. No such thing as a sure thing there but the next great head coach is out there somewhere.

Keep daydreaming about stealing someone from the NFL or a blue blood program though. That's fun.

A little much base .. its just oregon. Our beef with LA schools and Stanford
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    > @Baseman said:
    > Oregon is a good, desirable job with support from a we'll funded, competitive athletic department and a strangely broad and diverse fan base. It's an easy place to recruit to. It's on a similar level to the UW job though it gets there in different ways.
    >
    >
    >
    > It isn't a blue blood program or a destination job that an established, top tier coach is going to bother with though. Even a low end guy with with a questionable resume but amazing self promotion skills like Taggart only saw it as a stepping stone.
    >
    >
    >
    > Oregon is in a tough spot given the expectations for that program. There aren't any Chris Petersons out there right now...guys who anyone with half a brain knows have a moderately high floor and an elite ceiling yet are amenable to a good, not elite gig. They're going to have grab someone younger either from a lower level or from the coordinator ranks. No such thing as a sure thing there but the next great head coach is out there somewhere.
    >
    >
    >
    > Keep daydreaming about stealing someone from the NFL or a blue blood program though. That's fun.
    >
    > A little much base .. its just oregon. Our beef with LA schools and Stanford

Haha I saw your post and pumpy's reply after I posted this. Some similarities I guess. I was really trying to show some Nebraska class to our resident quooks (carolseaver, obk, Mosster) and the other ducks. I'm sure they'll either ignore or disagree with everything I typed though because they're just bitches like that.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    You're only as good as the money you spend on people. Phil will pay for buildings, but he won't pay for people, and he is almost dead.

You won't hear much from any of the four PNW teams anymore.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

You're only as good as the money you spend on people. Phil will pay for buildings, but he won't pay for people, and he is almost dead.

You won't hear much from any of the four PNW teams anymore.

Michael Jordan and Tiger disagree