Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Open letter to Softy and others like him: a serious question about the product UW puts on the field

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I am trying to understand what the core competence of a Steve Sarkisian team is. Mostly, I am referring to the offense, but all responses are welcome. I do seriously welcome some positive insight.

What would you say is the one thing or things that is a consistent defining competency of a Steve Sarkisian team? After five seasons, what have we seen that is the bedrock for future success for the Washington program? Were there core competencies that existed in Sarkisian's coaching prior to Washington that did translate to the Huskies?

I do not have much of an answer. The staff is adequate at recruiting skill position talent and the kids are physically in shape to battle for four quarters is about all I can say that has been consistent for Sarkisian at UW. That is pretty scary. What am I missing? Will each season be a microcosm of itself?

Do you think it would be such a hard exercise with other great / good coaches and teams to be left wondering what the teams competencies are. Certainly I don't think that I could pick any of the list below.

High-Emotion
Physicality
Run-attack
Passing-attack
Special teams play
Up-tempo
Speed
Field position battles
Fundamentally strong
Precise execution
Ball security
Create turnovers
Low penalties
Consistent effort week-in and week-out
Significant player development / improvement

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2013
    douchey hats/visors, manboobs and Joeys girls, brah. Those would be the few constants. Oh you meant the team??

On a serious note you bring up a good point and something that should be asked of the media. I honestly can't think of anything other than shitty play calling that has been a consistent theme of his tenure there.