Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taggart to FSU ... it's done!

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
edited December 2017 in College Football Forum
What ....?

I have this sense, though, that if Oregon winds up getting into a bidding war for this guy and overpays to lock him down, they'll regret it for a long, long time.

The best result for Oregon would be one of the following:

1. He stays and works out and they start winning again;
2. He stays, brings in a good class or two, still can't win enough, and moves on or gets canned; or
3. He leaves now, whatever damage is done happens while they're rebuilding anyway, and it gets over with - rip the band aid.

Worst result, in my view, is they wind up extending the shit out of his contract, guarantee him ridiculous money to outbid FSU, and he winds up sucking.

Any way you slice it, I go back to my first poast on this. What has this guy done to be in the conversation about coaching one of the truly elite programs in the country? This sport is so full of fucking admins it's ridiculous. I actually think I could go in and be a decent to good AD at a big program even though I have zero experience. They're all so fucking stupid. If I'm the FSU AD, no way I reach for this guy, and if I do, I sure as shit don't bid on him. Cheap or nothing at all. If I'm the Oregon AD, I say, "hey pal. We like you, you did alright your first year, we like the class coming in, but I'm not mortgaging the farm to keep you. If you want to stay, stay; if not, don't let the door hit ya in the ass Mr. Beamon."

Comments