Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen/staff can't coach close games

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam
They never learned how to do it in Boise. Team does not do well under pressure. We know because we've seen it from the players. Coaches can't handle pressure either and don't know what to do in a close game.

Comments

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    I’m curious about the real substance of Petersen’s coaching record. Anyone know what his record was at Boise against teams that finished at or above.500? What is his record against such opponents as UW head coach? I suspect it’s not very strong.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Pete gonna Pete.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    jecornel said:

Pete gonna Pete.

And re-Pete.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Its going to take a quarterback with big nuts to make this team a serious contender. The coaches arent inspiring these guys any time soon. They can teach them the fundamentals and the techniques, but being and acting like a winner will never come from these pussies.

Unfortunately they probably won't even recruit a player like that.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,740 Founders Club
    phineas said:

Its going to take a quarterback with big nuts to make this team a serious contender. The coaches arent inspiring these guys any time soon. They can teach them the fundamentals and the techniques, but being and acting like a winner will never come from these pussies.

Unfortunately they probably won't even recruit a player like that.

Just church school recruits?
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    Wasn’t his bowl game win against Oklahoma a close game?
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    guntlove said:

Fuck-canning Pease & Strausser showed me that Pete can make the tough call when it comes to doing what's best for the program.

I don't think there's much to be done regarding Downsocks, we're probably stuck with him as our starter for another year until Yankoff takes the reigns as a redshirt freshman in the special year of 2019.

But if Jonathan Smith is still our OC at the start of next year and Pete hasn't purged the staff of the few coaches remaining that can't/won't recruit, then I'll be concerned. That'd probably mean that we've reached about as high as Pete is willing to go with the program.

Either way it will be interesting... Or it won't... Depending on whether it is, or is not, interesting... Either way.

If Browning isn't benched for either of the true freshmen then just raze the fucking city and start anew.
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,477 Founders Club
    Passion said:

But still
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

But still
    Yes and so was the Chip Kelly debut game. But we also have @TheChart game and ASU twice.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,549 Founders Club
    edited November 2017
    We beat Utah last year. We beat Arizona last year. We beat USC two years ago. Those were all close games. Those were also all road games.

I'm pissed too but this board always overreacts.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    edited November 2017
    In the last 3 years w/ Browning, he has never brought us back to win a game when being down more than 7 points (once, and that was in the 2nd qtr).

USC - Down 3 at half, came back to win.
    AZ - Down 7 points in the 2nd, outscored in 2nd and they caught up. OT win
    Utah - Down 3 pts for 3 mins and then up 4pts in 3rd, then Pettis went to the house FTW
    Rutgers - Down 4 pts in the 1st and then tore em up

OP is right, +Browning, FML
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,507 Swaye's Wigwam
    So we just gotta blow out everyone and we will be fine
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,635 Standard Supporter

guntlove said:

Fuck-canning Pease & Strausser showed me that Pete can make the tough call when it comes to doing what's best for the program.

I don't think there's much to be done regarding Downsocks, we're probably stuck with him as our starter for another year until Yankoff takes the reigns as a redshirt freshman in the special year of 2019.

But if Jonathan Smith is still our OC at the start of next year and Pete hasn't purged the staff of the few coaches remaining that can't/won't recruit, then I'll be concerned. That'd probably mean that we've reached about as high as Pete is willing to go with the program.

Either way it will be interesting... Or it won't... Depending on whether it is, or is not, interesting... Either way.

If Browning isn't benched for either of the true freshmen then just raze the fucking city and start anew.
    GTFO of here with that 'either' bullshit

Brb yo is starting by game 3.

Cook it.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803

FIFY

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236

That's fucking right! What's wrong with that!?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,209 Standard Supporter
    That we're bitching about being 8 and 2 compared to the last 10 years is a good problem to have.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,740 Founders Club
    Sledog said:

That we're bitching about being 8 and 2 compared to the last 10 years is a good problem to have.

We want to see an upward trajectory. While 8-2 is better than 5-5 with 2 games to go, with a better philosophy on offense, this team should be undefeated at this point.

If Pete doesn't make noticable changes on offense, then his teams are going to piss away one or two very winnable games every season.

I don't want to hear 10-2 > 7-5. The goal is to get over the hump and become good enough to be a playoff contender.

If we want to enjoy San Diego for the Holiday Bowl, then we can be content with 10-2.

Playoffs... It's hard.