Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jennifer Cohen said it is hard getting good OOC teams to agree to come to UW?

13»

Comments

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

Weird she would make excuses after landing Auburn. That's pretty top shelf. I want to motorboat that chunky bitch.

Auburn isn't coming to Seattle.
    Neither did Michigan State

But still. . . .
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

You guys act like I'm a fucking crazy for saying we should play games in territory we recruit in.

Guess what - I didn't invent that idea.

It's pretty fucking standard. Otherwise, what's the benefit?

Why would UGA want to schedule a potential road loss with UW if they fill up their stadium fine without those kinds of games?

Is it really that hard to understand?

In the years ahead I would like to see home-and-home with the likes of Texas, Oklahoma, TCU or BYU.
    We honestly gain little with a home and home w BYU ...

TCU is booked out for a bit w Colorado and Cal in the rotation ... I could definitely see that game given TCU’s growing PNW presence

Problem with Oklahoma and Texas is I don’t see where they would find us as attractive as other opportunities

I can definitely see us in a regular rotation to play at Jerry World
    Gotta love nuetral site games in Dallas against Texas teams.
    It's definitely a shit idea.

We played fucking tamu in Houston.

Having a "neutral" game in their state is just being punked and doing an away game with no return.
    Worse than a home game, you’re saving their alumni a shitty drive on hwy 6
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    topdawgnc said:

Cohen is a chick, with big luscious tits.

She needs to use what she has to get us what we want.

Why the fuck else would you hire a woman for man's role.

Good to see she has standards and turned down Barry Alvarez' motorboating advances.

She paid the price with the series being canceled but that is one Jaba the Hut motherfucker.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It actually is harder to schedule good non-con opponents these days. Teams see that Alabama schedules three Mercers and maybe one respectable and suffer no consequences for it. Problem is they're not held to the same standard.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

You guys act like I'm a fucking crazy for saying we should play games in territory we recruit in.

Guess what - I didn't invent that idea.

It's pretty fucking standard. Otherwise, what's the benefit?

Why would UGA want to schedule a potential road loss with UW if they fill up their stadium fine without those kinds of games?

Is it really that hard to understand?

As long as you can sneak into the CFP with a weak schedule, there's no chincentive to change.
    It worked last Season.

It won't work this Season however.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    uzi said:

Doogles said:

People forget Wisconsin backed out of a game with us this year. People forget that.

Considering they are undefeated and don't have to play a soul until the Big Cc, looks like it worked out, because we would skull fuck those cheese heads into Oblivion.

2018 & 2021
    I've heard both 2017 and 2018 are correct. Originally the 1st game was 2017. Then they requested to move it to 2018, and we agreed. Then later, they cancelled it.
    So they more or less played you as the pawn.

Like a pre-emptive fur surzy that you ditch when the chick you really wanted to hit actually says Yes.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Pay the price, Jack the ticket price to cover the added fee and move on.

Petermen wins in recruiting, Jen wins in season ticket packages, fans win, Herbstreet gets to go fuck himself: everybody wins

Sounds like a Won't problem rather than a can't problem
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

uzi said:

Doogles said:

People forget Wisconsin backed out of a game with us this year. People forget that.

Considering they are undefeated and don't have to play a soul until the Big Cc, looks like it worked out, because we would skull fuck those cheese heads into Oblivion.

2018 & 2021
    I've heard both 2017 and 2018 are correct. Originally the 1st game was 2017. Then they requested to move it to 2018, and we agreed. Then later, they cancelled it.
    So they more or less played you as the pawn.

Like a pre-emptive fur surzy that you ditch when the chick you really wanted to hit actually says Yes.
    Maybe a better analogy is like when you applied to both UW and WSU, but only 1 school accepted you.

But I still gave you an upvote for "fur surzy".
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

It actually is harder to schedule good non-con opponents these days. Teams see that Alabama schedules three Mercers and maybe one respectable and suffer no consequences for it. Problem is they're not held to the same standard.

The lower level teams out west also fleece the PAC schools because there just aren't many of them compared to in the Midwest or south.

San Jose St and New mexico laugh their way to the bank every year.