Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jennifer Cohen said it is hard getting good OOC teams to agree to come to UW?

uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
A week or so back, Jennifer Cohen said it is hard to get good OOC teams to come to UW, because those teams view it as a wasted trip in terms of recruiting -- they'd rather go play a team in an area where they have a shot at attracting recruits.

Looking at some of our OOC opponents over the last 30 years: Nebraska, LSU, Notre Dame, Miami, Michigan State, BYU, etc...

Why could we got those teams then, but can't now? Is Jenn just making excuses?

Comments

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It'll probably be easier to schedule games when the rest of the country realizes they can no longer cherry pick the best players from the state with a phone call
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2017
    Swaye said:

Weird she would make excuses after landing Auburn. That's pretty top shelf. I want to motorboat that chunky bitch.

the kickoff games are invitational. she didn't really do much, all she did was ask peterman if he wants to accept the invitation
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298

You guys act like I'm a fucking crazy for saying we should play games in territory we recruit in.

Guess what - I didn't invent that idea.

It's pretty fucking standard. Otherwise, what's the benefit?

Why would UGA want to schedule a potential road loss with UW if they fill up their stadium fine without those kinds of games?

Is it really that hard to understand?

It goes back to my question. Why were we able to get home games with Nebraska, LSU, Notre Dame, Miami, Michigan State, Ohio State, Michigan, etc... if it is so hard (according to Cohen) to get teams to come play here?

What were the prior ADs doing that she isn't doing?
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006

Swaye said:

Weird she would make excuses after landing Auburn. That's pretty top shelf. I want to motorboat that chunky bitch.

the kickoff games are invitational. she didn't really do much, all she did was ask peterman if he wants to accept the invitation
    I thought sloppy tits moved a game to accommodate the Auburn date.

Your point is still kind of valid but I think she actually had to do more than check with her boss.