Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW opens as 26.5 point favorites over Oregon

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Herbert will play. The one positive I saw against Utah is Willie stopped doing the same stupid shit with guys that aren't good at doing what he is asking of them. Benoit and TBJ were utilized in the run game to provide some balance. Burmeister was still just as awful as always, but Willie decided A-gap zone against an 8 man box thirty five times is as stupid as it sounds.

Having said all of this we don't have one WR that is worth a shit and Herbie will be rusty from being out a month.

Oregon was very good about not running up the score against UW in the streak because they just used it as a scrimmage against an awful team. I think Pete will try to score as much as possible to prove something everyone already knows. If UW truly is 27 points better than Oregon with Herbert playing they will win by 27 or more. I'm not sure any Pac-12 team is 27 points better than another at full strength because they all suck, but we will see.

We haven't run the score up against anybody this year. Pete literally unloads the bench at 14-17 point diff if it's clear you can't get first down against his d.

Last year happened because you couldn't stop Jomon Dotson.
    seriously, they made him look like decent RB when he has no fucking vision
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Herbert will play. The one positive I saw against Utah is Willie stopped doing the same stupid shit with guys that aren't good at doing what he is asking of them. Benoit and TBJ were utilized in the run game to provide some balance. Burmeister was still just as awful as always, but Willie decided A-gap zone against an 8 man box thirty five times is as stupid as it sounds.

Having said all of this we don't have one WR that is worth a shit and Herbie will be rusty from being out a month.

Oregon was very good about not running up the score against UW in the streak because they just used it as a scrimmage against an awful team. I think Pete will try to score as much as possible to prove something everyone already knows. If UW truly is 27 points better than Oregon with Herbert playing they will win by 27 or more. I'm not sure any Pac-12 team is 27 points better than another at full strength because they all suck, but we will see.

We haven't run the score up against anybody this year. Pete literally unloads the bench at 14-17 point diff if it's clear you can't get first down against his d.

Oregon had the kids to stop people last year, they just hired a D-coordinator that didn't understand how the 12-gap defense he was trying to install worked.

Last season is an anomaly that was quickly corrected. This point spread is because of last year and not much else. Utah was supposed to win on Saturday. UCLA and Oregon was supposed to be close.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Oregon had the kids to stop people last year, they just hired a D-coordinator that didn't understand how the 12-gap defense he was trying to install worked.

Last season is an anomaly that was quickly corrected. This point spread is because of last year and not much else. Utah was supposed to win on Saturday. UCLA and Oregon was supposed to be close.
    Quookcoots forget that Oregon lost by 42 points two weeks ago:
    http://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400935299

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,832
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    At first it seemed high, but we beat them by 49 in Ewegene last year.
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2017

77-4 OREGON

I'm going 77-4

That was predicted by the analyst from a well respected college football podcast, pretty sure his contacts feed him reliable inside info
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Quooks were about to put up 30+ plus against STD U. We only put up 7