Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Too many holes on this team now

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
I have been giving myself a mental flogging for thinking that Sosebee was "fine" at LG. He's not fine.
I didn't think I'd miss Eldrenkamp quite as much as I do. I started to then ponder the holes this team has:

-WR: lack of explosive playmakers: it was bad enough losing Ross to the NFL but Chico's broken ankle took away his most logical replacement. Ahmed has shown flashes as multi-purpose weapon but is a true frosh

-LT: Kirkland wasn't awful and there's a chance that Adams only hyperextended his knee. Until otherwise though, it's a hole.

-LG: hole

-K: hole. If you have two kickers, you really have none

-CB: Miller is out for the season, Murphy is still banged up...thankful for Bryant and Joyner but someone like Kentrell Love will need to step-up (partial hole).

No way they beat Stanford on the road and a 9-3 regular season is looking about right.

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Hope you're right. A bye week will help.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If what I heard is true Trey is done. Still hasn't had a MRI yet.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I tend to judge knee injury reactions on player reactions ... they tend to know the difference between hyperextending, sprains, and something that tore completely.

I hope I'm wrong by based on what I saw on the face of Trey, I'm not optimistic.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW handles stanford.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Murphy will be back. Myles Bryant is good but limited. Kirkland is fine too, both this year and last. Hitting the panic button and taking redshirts off a bunch of true frosh is FS and *never* works out. (The true frosh who can contribute right away are rare and reveal themselves earlier than mid-October.)

Browning is the QB, but he can be used much smarter.

The positions that must be addressed (with the upperclassmen onhand) are PK and LG.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Molden will start at CB before love or dotson do.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Close, missed just a few, Ill outline below:

QB: Brownsocks (and every QB we will ever have after him) is mediocre with an OK offensive game plan and coaching but we have Smith so he fucking sucks, We could have deshaun Watson and the QB position would look like shit because our scheme, game planning, and development

RB: Gaskin thinks dancing around like le'veon bell is smart, but it only works if you atleast pretend to play physically. Coleman has regressed and looks to be marketing his cement shoes to the LBs now

OL: Dont worry, i heard next year we have a bumper (buffer?) crop of OL recruits we can miss on, LOL about developing whoever the fuck we have already on the roster

WR: Fuck all of them, pettis is fine but the rest could be replaced by Sigma Nu and no one would be able to tell

LB: Bearia and Azeem both look significantly worse. the fact that BBK is just as good as these fuckers that have been so bad ass is a MAJOR issue. They look slow as shit.

CB: They play well enough but we have a ton of injuries and most of the guys left are midgets, luckily we actually recruit and coach this one position

S: Hardest hitting mother fuckers in a long time but super retarded in coverage, I dont understand why atleast one of them (Rapp, Micintosh, or Turner) havent been moved to LB.

K: send them to russia or north korea and have them walk home

The only position play that has been consistently good is DL and TE.

as an aside: Gains and Vea should both be playing 7-10 pounds lighter IMO
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Houhusky said:

Close, missed just a few, Ill outline below:

QB: Brownsocks (and every QB we will ever have after him) is mediocre with an OK offensive game plan and coaching but we have Smith so he fucking sucks, We could have deshaun Watson and the QB position would look like shit because our scheme, game planning, and development

RB: Gaskin thinks dancing around like le'veon bell is smart, but it only works if you atleast pretend to play physically. Coleman has regressed and looks to be marketing his cement shoes to the LBs now

OL: Dont worry, i heard next year we have a bumper (buffer?) crop of OL recruits we can miss on, LOL about developing whoever the fuck we have already on the roster

WR: Fuck all of them, pettis is fine but the rest could be replaced by Sigma Nu and no one would be able to tell

LB: Bearia and Azeem both look significantly worse. the fact that BBK is just as good as these fuckers that have been so bad ass is a MAJOR issue. They look slow as shit.

CB: They play well enough but we have a ton of injuries and most of the guys left are midgets, luckily we actually recruit and coach this one position

S: Hardest hitting mother fuckers in a long time but super retarded in coverage, I dont understand why atleast one of them (Rapp, Micintosh, or Turner) havent been moved to LB.

K: send them to russia or north korea and have them walk home

The only position play that has been consistently good is DL and TE.

as an aside: Gains and Vea should both be playing 7-10 pounds lighter IMO

lol, if we had sdeshaun watson I guarantee we score 14 points. the offensive line was not great but the pass blocking was good enough and a QB with any running threat at all goes for at least 100 given how ASU was defending the QB run.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    HFNY said:

I have been giving myself a mental flogging for thinking that Sosebee was "fine" at LG. He's not fine.
    I didn't think I'd miss Eldrenkamp quite as much as I do. I started to then ponder the holes this team has:

-WR: lack of explosive playmakers: it was bad enough losing Ross to the NFL but Chico's broken ankle took away his most logical replacement. Ahmed has shown flashes as multi-purpose weapon but is a true frosh

-LT: Kirkland wasn't awful and there's a chance that Adams only hyperextended his knee. Until otherwise though, it's a hole.

-LG: hole

-K: hole. If you have two kickers, you really have none

-CB: Miller is out for the season, Murphy is still banged up...thankful for Bryant and Joyner but someone like Kentrell Love will need to step-up (partial hole).

No way they beat Stanford on the road and a 9-3 regular season is looking about right.

I never bash the players without also bashing the coaches.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

You made a huge list and left off the most gaping hole of them all, Brownsocks. I can't take any list seriously that doesn't have him listed number 1. Christ.

You added to the list and failed by not mentioning Smith.....

Shame on you.

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    BallzDeep said:

TTJ said:

Murphy will be back. Myles Bryant is good but limited. Kirkland is fine too, both this year and last. Hitting the panic button and taking redshirts off a bunch of true frosh is FS and *never* works out. (The true frosh who can contribute right away are rare and reveal themselves earlier than mid-October.)

Browning is the QB, but he can be used much smarter.

The positions that must be addressed (with the upperclassmen onhand) are PK and LG.

Kirkland is fine!? Kirkland is fine!? Lord have mercy. He's SOFT and STIFF and SLOW. He wasn't even good enough to earn the starting job at Guard and you think it's a good idea for him to be the starting LT the rest of the season? Bainivalu was running with the twos at LT all of fall camp. He's way better than Kirkland. If Kirkland is the starting LT Browning won't make it through the season. I would play Jaxson Kirkland at LT before Andrew Kirkland. If not Bainivalu then Hilbers or Roberts need to stop being pussies and step the fuck up.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I tend to judge knee injury reactions on player reactions ... they tend to know the difference between hyperextending, sprains, and something that tore completely.

I hope I'm wrong by based on what I saw on the face of Trey, I'm not optimistic.

When they go down without contact, it's never good. He tore something.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

When they go down without contact, it's never good. He tore something.
    He posted a picture on his Instagram story of his leg in a brace, elevated with crutches in the background. It said “Day 1” ...
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,986
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes