Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This is a Really Good Defense

whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
But let's quit calling it elite or championship
level. Shit the bed the first 20 minutes of the game
and the last 5:30. Gotta get off the field and at least
give the abortion of an offense a chance. Victor is a
shadow of himself from last year.

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Chinned because Victor has fallen off a cliff. Da fuq happened to that guy? Has Harv been poisoning him or something?
  • spudenspuden Member Posts: 358
    whuggy said:

Maybe not elite or chanpionship, but outside the first drive and the final drive they were nails. 3 points came from the punt block abortion in which they gave up no yards. Also, at the end of game if Jojo uses his hands instead of attempting to head the ball the defense gives the offense 2 minutes to go down and score...lol...well in theory they would have given Browning a chance to lead a scoring drive

TLDR version - the defense is the only hope for this team and they are really fucking good.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    spuden said:

whuggy said:

Maybe not elite or chanpionship, but outside the first drive and the final drive they were nails. 3 points came from the punt block abortion in which they gave up no yards. Also, at the end of game if Jojo uses his hands instead of attempting to head the ball the defense gives the offense 2 minutes to go down and score...lol...well in theory they would have given Browning a chance to lead a scoring drive

TLDR version - the defense is the only hope for this team and they are really fucking good.
    They are really fucking good. But I cringe
    seeing them go up against Bama and watching
    Victor and Bierria make tackles 7-8 yards down
    the field play after play. There's only one elite
    defense in the country and they play out of
    Tuscaloosa.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    This is a very good defense. They gave up 13 points. all they ask for is chip shot fg's.

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    whuggy said:

spuden said:

whuggy said:

Tuscaloosa.
    Didn't see the Peach Bowl, huh?
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    jecornel said:

This is a very good defense. They gave up 13 points. all they ask for is chip shot fg's.

Why do you hate the bone head holding play when he should have been pushing him that way in the first place because it was alway from the direction of the play. Clearly shows he didn't know what the fuck he was doing. If Trey is done for the season, we fucked
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Chinned because Victor has fallen off a cliff. Da fuq happened to that guy? Has Harv been poisoning him or something?

Victor was visible in one game this year -Colorado and in that game he looked like he should have been carrying around a tall boy of PBR while he was playing. He looked fat, was aimlessly flying around like a drunk, and was shit talking after every single play.
    NTTAWWT re:PBR
    TTJ said:

whuggy said:

spuden said:

whuggy said:

Tuscaloosa.
    TTJ said:

whuggy said:

spuden said:

whuggy said:

Tuscaloosa.
    Let me clarify. WOULD cringe. I'm talking this year's
    defence. I don't think it's close to as good as last years.
    I think Bama puts up 27-30 on this year's version.
    Last year they only put up 17. Having said that this year's
    D is really good. Just not elite or championship level.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I like to blame the defense in a game where they gave up 13 points and got absolutely zero help from the defense ... particularly in the 1st half ... that’s what I like to do

May I suggest a walk on the Aurora Bridge for anybody that shares that opinion?
    Tequilla said:

I like to blame the defense in a game where they gave up 13 points and got absolutely zero help from the defense ... particularly in the 1st half ... that’s what I like to do

Team game. Yes the offense was an abortion. Having said
    that an elite defense gets off the field the last 5:30. That's
    not elite.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Jojo's 4th down whiff was brutal. But the D was thisclose to getting off the field twice in that series. After a 63-yard opening drive, ASU's offense did exactly *nothing* the entire rest of the game.

Byron will return after the bye to replace Jordan. Bottom line: The Husky D is every bit as good as last year.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Tequilla said:

No one is blaming the defense for losing the game you fucking tryharding faggot. You have to be blinder than grandpa Sankey to not see there are quiet a few flaws with the defense too.

The game was obviously lost because of shit play by browning, special teams, and the WRs, shit coaching by smith, shit recruiting of OL and WR, and shit head coaching management by Peat by not removing Smith years ago.

That doesn’t mean the defense that struggles to generate any pass rush, LBs that have regressed significantly, corners that are midgets and safeties that are hard hitting retards are free from criticism.
    TTJ said:

Jojo's 4th down whiff was brutal. But the D was thisclose to getting off the field twice in that series. After a 63-yard opening drive, ASU's offense did exactly *nothing* the entire rest of the game.

Byron will return after the bye to replace Jordan. Bottom line: The Husky D is every bit as good as last year.

Well, guess we disagree. That's fine. Can't see how Bryant, Joiner, Murphy, Miller
    is as good as our 3 NFL ers. Also Victor nowhere as good as last year and
    no one as good as Qualls. The plus side is Psalm is gone so there is that.
    whuggy said:

Tequilla said:

not elite.
    Offense burning timeouts plus a fluke play strangled the defense ...

The defense basically gave up 10 points last night ... direct your bitching elsewhere
    Pass rush wasn’t the issue ... you do realize ASU did a ton of 3 step and throw?
    Tequilla said:

whuggy said:

Tequilla said:

not elite.
    Offense burning timeouts plus a fluke play strangled the defense ...

The defense basically gave up 10 points last night ... direct your bitching elsewhere
    Oh fuck off you pompous prick. I'll bitch about anything
    and everything I think can be improved. It's losers like
    you that try and say everything's alright when it obviously
    needs addressing. The whole point of the thread dumass
    is that it's a really really good defense just not elite. Go back
    and read it shit for brains. I stand by everything I said.