Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Softy unhinged

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,681
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
Players farting in hot tubs.

Mega rant about ESPN.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "Petersen needs to stay in his lane. Also please keep that faggy opinion off the record."

Fuck ESPN as always
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I need details
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

"Petersen needs to stay in his lane. Also please keep that faggy opinion off the record."

Fuck ESPN as always

Here is the details.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Hugh shitting all over the game day experience. Says atmosphere was nothing compared to the early 2000's.

Says it sucks now.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

Hugh shitting all over the game day experience. Says atmosphere was nothing compared to the early 2000's.

Says it sucks now.

The bars were packed; I was able to scream at Berkeley fans about their shit coach and team. There was plenty of talent attending the game. Yeah the start time sucks but you get a hotel room close to the stadium. Besides what the fuck does Hugh know? He needs to calm down and go break down some high school film.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    One of the few times I agree with Softy
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We just need a 3 seed in the playoff so we push some ACC or Big Ten team's shit it in in the Rose Bowl. Fuck me running if we can design a halfway decent offense this is the fucking year. Everyone sucks including us and I don't care about browningpicksix.gif. This defense is diamonds.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

Says it sucks now.

100% correct.

I don't know what's tougher to see. Watching the kids run out of the tunnel 5 minutes b4 kick-off w/ only 35k people in their seats or seeing 12-15k people leave from 6 minutes left in the Fuckin Second Quarter (why even come?) thru halftime and never come

Like MIllen said, we are 21-2 over our last 23 games. How much better can it truly get?

When they re-modeled the stadium I was in the camp that you had to keep seating capacity at 70K when there was rumblings of them wanting to take seats out.

I was wrong. You could have made it 65k and maybe even 60-62k.

Softy thinks it took a generation of garbage football to make going to UW games irrelevant and people not wanting/caring to go to games and it will take many years of what we have going on now to swing it back. I used to think that as well, but the fan base, passion, commitment that I (and Race, Derrick, honks, etc) grew up seeing is dead and not coming back.

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Outside of the Seahawks who didn't really have an early 2000s game day experience, what live event now is better than back then? It's a different time. You had no choice but to show up if you wanted to see some shit way back when. Look no further than pro wrestling for more info
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,006
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The blaring music, pathetic money grabs (buy Vea's used jock for $200!), loud advertising, stifling of the band, and students in the end zone isn't really unique to HS, but that doesn't make it okay.

When I lived up there, I was always within 10 miles of the stadium. You can't blame people living in Olympia, Bellingham, Wenatchee, Longview or anywhere over 30 miles away for being sick of constant night games and for not wanting to come home at 1 or 2 am. Hugh just skipped over that point. If these games were at 12:30 or 3:30, it wouldn't be as much of an issue.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    godawgst said:

jecornel said:

Says it sucks now.

100% correct.

I don't know what's tougher to see. Watching the kids run out of the tunnel 5 minutes b4 kick-off w/ only 35k people in their seats or seeing 12-15k people leave from 6 minutes left in the Fuckin Second Quarter (why even come?) thru halftime and never come

Like MIllen said, we are 21-2 over our last 23 games. How much better can it truly get?

When they re-modeled the stadium I was in the camp that you had to keep seating capacity at 70K when there was rumblings of them wanting to take seats out.

Softy thinks it took a generation of garbage football to make going to UW games irrelevant and people not wanting/caring to go to games and it will take many years of what we have going on now to swing it back. I used to think that as well, but the fan base, passion, commitment that I (and Race, Derrick, honks, etc) grew up seeing is dead and not coming back.

lets put 4 or 5 consecutive 10+ win season the we can judge if its coming back. this team was fucking 6-6 just 2 years ago.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

jecornel said:

Says it sucks now.

100% correct.

lets put 4 or 5 consecutive 10+ win season the we can judge if its coming back. this team was fucking 6-6 just 2 years ago.
    You can get the people back to the stadium doing that, but these are the fringe fans (think of all the new "12's") that will be gone as soon as your not in the NC hunt.

Also that still doesn't solve 25% of your crowd not caring enough to be there b4 kick-off or 1 in 6 leaving when the game is only 1/2 over.

• Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    jecornel said:

Players farting in hot tubs.
    Mega rant about ESPN.

I laffed

PM @ForeskinWalletDawg
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,571
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

WE HELD CAL TO -40 RUSHING YARDS AND YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS SHIT?!?

a) What's the difference between Ross Bowers and a robot in the pocket? The robot thru AI would at least figure out to scramble out of there once a while.

b) Greg Gaines and Vita are a once every 50-100 year D front for us. That 91 DL was special with Emtman, but these two bosses....... my god.
    Bowers did scramble a couple of times. 20 yards backwards
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,985
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    phineas said:

Outside of the Seahawks who didn't really have an early 2000s game day experience, what live event now is better than back then? It's a different time. You had no choice but to show up if you wanted to see some shit way back when. Look no further than pro wrestling for more info

for experience/monetary value. I'd take 2000s Seahawks any day of the weel