Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I have faith in Husky football

2»

Comments

• Options
    Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    The Mariners built a new stadium and look what they've done since. I'm not sold at all that bringing in Lupoi or Wilcox has accomplished shit. If Woodward wan't to win so badly why is Sark still around?

And I don't trust the fucking scarftard at all as far as making a new hire. The fucking idiot would probably bring in some retread like Pat Hill or, even worse, a "Former Dawg" like Christensen at Wyoming.

Fuck that. Sark is just a symptom of the problem. You have to clean house to have any hope of really returning UW football. Woodward has to go....
  • Options
    AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    OK, fire Woodward. My point is, eventually the UW will get it figured out.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

The Mariners built a new stadium and look what they've done since. I'm not sold at all that bringing in Lupoi or Wilcox has accomplished shit. If Woodward wan't to win so badly why is Sark still around?

And I don't trust the fucking scarftard at all as far as making a new hire. The fucking idiot would probably bring in some retread like Pat Hill or, even worse, a "Former Dawg" like Christensen at Wyoming.

Fuck that. Sark is just a symptom of the problem. You have to clean house to have any hope of really returning UW football. Woodward has to go....

the joke is on the fuckers who think a shiny new stadium is a sign of commitment.

• Options
    DawgtonaDawgtona Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

You just don't get it. The upper campus will never allow UW to be tagged as a "Football" school again.

The only way we see a Rose Bowl again is if every other school in the conference shits the bed.

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,636
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Aub dawg, I am going to dedicate a segment to you and your question on Tuesday's pood cast
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,940
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The UW AD wants to win. Woodward and those around him understand how crucial football is. That's why they did the stadium. That's why he paid to steal away Tosh, Wilcox, etc.

They just haven't hired the right head coach. Hopefully the next search process will succeed.

That's the thing that is perplexing. Obviously there is a desire for some level of success, otherwise they wouldn't throw out those kind of dollars. OTOH, real football schools don't accept 7-6 every year, or input from the transgendered studies profs.
  • Options
    Dawgtona said:

You just don't get it. The upper campus will never allow UW to be tagged as a "Football" school again.

The only way we see a Rose Bowl again is if every other school in the conference shits the bed.

That is crazy talk.

And there were no shots fired from the grassy knoll.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:

If you disagree, why are you even here? You have to believe Husky football will return.

Do you really need an answer to this?
    Yes. If it can't be saved, why waste time talking about it?
    Actually it's a valid question, Which is why I'm eyeballing UCLA and Rutgers for '14.
    Why Rutgers? They are going to be terrible in the Big 10.

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Must I wait until I'm dead for the opportunity to renew my faith in UW's football program? On this faith business, you've got your head stuck so tight, you'll never get it out. Go run a couple thousand stairs.

Football is just a game, but one that's not worth our time or resources as fans and boosters, or worth the risk and hard work of playing as athletes, if we don't do everything possible to win and win fucking now, not just in your dreams.

As Huskyfans, we are often accused of living in the past and as you and other doogs keep the faith where faith was stuffed long ago, UW's athletic department and administration continues to whip us into our expensive seats with the memory of those same past glory years.

WTF, don't you get it?! Our once great football program has been trashed for no good reason by assholes who would rather see football take a hike out of their high paid elitist lives, but understand it's limited value to their Uniiversity providing they can snakeoil enough suckers like you and I into buying their shit.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Dawgtona said:

I don't really agree with this either.

• Options
    Incompetence is not the same thing as willful malfeasance.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

jecornel said:

If you disagree, why are you even here? You have to believe Husky football will return.

Do you really need an answer to this?
    Yes. If it can't be saved, why waste time talking about it?
    Actually it's a valid question, Which is why I'm eyeballing UCLA and Rutgers for '14.
    There will always be room on the bandwagon for you.

I haven't cared about a football game the way I did last Friday in years. Mora has me truly committed.
  • Options

Someday we will hire a decent coach and the Iron Laws will kick in and all will be well. Too many people care too much about Husky football for us to become Minnesota.

There have been down periods before.

From Dobie, to Bagshaw, to Phelan, from 1908 to WWII, Washington football maintained a standard of excellence.

Then upper campus made the mistake of firing Phelan. We went through four coaches and 12 years of mostly bad seasons before the arrival of Owens. Washington became dominant again.

But Owens couldn't adapt to two platoon football. So we went through another 10 years of mediocrity.

And then came Don James. 18 years of excellence.

But when James left all was not lost.

Under Lambo/Neu we won a Rose Bowl, and finished second in the PAC multiple times. It wasn't the same as the dominance of the early '60s, the early '80s or the early '90s, but it was pretty damn good.

Then came the dark times. BUT IT WILL END.

This program had the will and desire to rebuild Husky Stadium and turn it into a palace of college football. They have the will to pay their coaches more than any team on the west coast. I am not an uberwalet Tyee, but I know some of them. They will tolerate crappy football longer than we will, but they will not put up with it forever. Sark will win a championship soon or he will be gone.

So have faith. A new day will dawn. Someday.

How can UW become Minnesota in a negative way if Minnesota is better than UW?
  • Options
    Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1

Someday we will hire a decent coach and the Iron Laws will kick in and all will be well. Too many people care too much about Husky football for us to become Minnesota.

There have been down periods before.

From Dobie, to Bagshaw, to Phelan, from 1908 to WWII, Washington football maintained a standard of excellence.

Then upper campus made the mistake of firing Phelan. We went through four coaches and 12 years of mostly bad seasons before the arrival of Owens. Washington became dominant again.

But Owens couldn't adapt to two platoon football. So we went through another 10 years of mediocrity.

And then came Don James. 18 years of excellence.

But when James left all was not lost.

Under Lambo/Neu we won a Rose Bowl, and finished second in the PAC multiple times. It wasn't the same as the dominance of the early '60s, the early '80s or the early '90s, but it was pretty damn good.

Then came the dark times. BUT IT WILL END.

This program had the will and desire to rebuild Husky Stadium and turn it into a palace of college football. They have the will to pay their coaches more than any team on the west coast. I am not an uberwalet Tyee, but I know some of them. They will tolerate crappy football longer than we will, but they will not put up with it forever. Sark will win a championship soon or he will be gone.

So have faith. A new day will dawn. Someday.

How can UW become Minnesota in a negative way if Minnesota is better than UW?
    HRYK
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Iron laws

You got your ass handed to you on that one b4. I'll give it to you: you have no shame using it again.

• Options

The UW AD wants to win. Woodward and those around him understand how crucial football is. That's why they did the stadium. That's why he paid to steal away Tosh, Wilcox, etc.

They just haven't hired the right head coach. Hopefully the next search process will succeed.

Pool Boy doesn't give a fuck about winning just like his boss Emmert. If Pool Boy cared about winning when he fired Ty in 2008 he wouldn't have let him finished the season.

If Pool Boy knew how "crucial" football is he wouldn't be saying shit like "Incremental progress" and would have fired Sark after the embarrassing finish of last season. He would have hired a proven coach instead of handing the car keys to a frat boy who was only an OC for two fucking seasons on the most talented team in the nation.

Look at basketball and baseball even under Pool Boy. The three major male sports have fallen to shit under his watch.

If you believe in Pool Boy you are a bigger idiot than all those Sark supporters.
  • Options

When? We've been waiting for them to "figure it out" for over a decade. You could argue for over two decades in fact.

I'm not convinced with the people in place, our fans, boosters that UW being a powerhouse is even a priority. I think most feel pretty happy with going to crappy bowl games every year. I mean after all at least we aren't 0-12 right?

I think only 35-45%(being very generous) actually are pissed off with what they are seeing in regards to UW football.
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Of course, the UW AD "wants" to win. They may even "understand" how crucial football is. The problem is yours and their pussy meanderings of "wait and sees" and "hopefully-s." What these kind of attitudes do, if anything, is prolong what has been well over a decade of mediocre football. The time is now. The wait and see process is over. And frankly, there should NEVER be a wait and see in husky football. All that means is you've been willing to put up with bull shit.

And save your political rah-rahs (Did you just get done watching Harvey Dent or something?). This isn't politics. Unfortunately, people with attitudes like yours make it into a bureaucratic game of "let's look at how much they were willing to spend to assess how much they love us."

Yes, they gave us some bling... great. Now where's the Grade-A kooch?

• Options

Face it. We are fucked until Sark fires himself. We are not a big-time program anymore. Take your iron laws and shove them up your twat.

Here is my prediction for the future:

2013- 8-5
    2014- 9-5
    2015- 7-6
    2016- 4-8 SARK FIRED

2013 - 8-5???? Really?

Even some of the dumbest doogs realize that the game against the Boovers is a loss. All of the prognosticators at HHB understand this. Did you realize that Sark has not won at Reser yet?

What evidence do you have at any point of this season that tells you Sark will out coach Leach?

We are looking at 6-6 and the retention of Sark for another 5-7/6-6 2014 campaign.

Wake up man
    What does that asshole Mike Honcho have to say now?