Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Offense scrimmage notes

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Pass protection much better this week

Smith, tell Jake "wheels" Browning to quit running around like he's Lamar Jackson, and get his ass on the ground instead of trying to pinball and juke db's. He's going to get killed from behind if he pulls that shit in conference play

The play for Adams down near the goal line? What the holy fuck. What did that accomplish. Why risk him getting hit legally below the knees by a lb or db trying to tackle him? If it's to win the Pac-12 or NC okay but versus Montana ??????

Your up 35 mid third and have third and 5 from your 30. Jake drifts back 20 yards, hit's Pettis on the world's longest developing wr screen. He gets 3 yards and comes up hobbling which ended his night. Why is he still out there #1, and #2 how about line up in power hand it to Savon and go from there.

Jonathan Smith is going to call 7/8 plays every week that will make zero sense based on game situation. I have come to accept it, but it's still frustrating as hell.

It won't matter next week, or against the Beavs. It shouldn't matter against ASU. That Colorado game it could as their defense has been much better than I thought they would be after graduating 8 guys and losing Leavitt last year.

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I've learned our offensive uniforms still suck.
  • Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Isn't the point of these games to gear up for conference play? I've seen this posted as an argument, oh it's a scrimmage or practice... but why the fuck are they not working on their fucking running game? 6 carries for Gaskin and 2 for Coleman at half time should be reason enough to shit can Smith st half time. Both should have no less than 10 touches each by then

I get where you are coming from. However, the flip side has validity as well. Do you really want Gaskin or Coleman to have 15-20 carries in a game that doesn't mean shit? It's the same principle as to why you don't throw a fucking backwards pass to your LT...

The problem I have is with SmithFS not evolving as a play caller. It's fucking year 4 and he's still doing the same fucking stupid shit that he did the first year. One of two things needs to happen. SmithFS either needs to DIAFF or some dumb fucking WAC school needs to hire him.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2017
    JECAR said:

Isn't the point of these games to gear up for conference play? I've seen this posted as an argument, oh it's a scrimmage or practice... but why the fuck are they not working on their fucking running game? 6 carries for Gaskin and 2 for Coleman at half time should be reason enough to shit can Smith st half time. Both should have no less than 10 touches each by then

I get where you are coming from. However, the flip side has validity as well. Do you really want Gaskin or Coleman to have 15-20 carries in a game that doesn't mean shit? It's the same principle as to why you don't throw a fucking backwards pass to your LT...

The problem I have is with SmithFS not evolving as a play caller. It's fucking year 4 and he's still doing the same fucking stupid shit that he did the first year. One of two things needs to happen. SmithFS either needs to DIAFF or some dumb fucking WAC school needs to hire him.
    Yes I do actually, especially Coleman.

I like to play my senior running back on special teams then claim not to run him during preseason that don't mean shit because I'm afraid he will work too much or get hurt that's what I like to do

#fuckottaheregif

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I mentioned it in a thread a couple weeks back, but that Trey Adams screen pass was seen at the season ticket holder scrimmage and it made the whole crowd go WTF because it didn't work at all. Hopefully the coaches were just putting it on film so that they can hit a real opponent with a wrinkle of that play later in the season
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    NEsnake12 said:

I mentioned it in a thread a couple weeks back, but that Trey Adams screen pass was seen at the season ticket holder scrimmage and it made the whole crowd go WTF because it didn't work at all. Hopefully the coaches were just putting it on film so that they can hit a real opponent with a wrinkle of that play later in the season

The Adams pass to Mcgary across the field is going to be special.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

NEsnake12 said:

#petegif
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

NEsnake12 said:

#petegif
    "Jonathan Smith!"