Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gaskin is a 2nd team Preseason All-American. Only gets 7 rushing attempts.

2»

Comments

• Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    After seeing our performance against the worst team in the Big11, and then seeing other teams play this weekend, we will be lucky to win 6 games this year. I don't think it matters how many times Gaskin touches the ball. We suck.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    uzi said:

After seeing our performance against the worst team in the Big11, and then seeing other teams play this weekend, we will be lucky to win 6 games this year. I don't think it matters how many times Gaskin touches the ball. We suck.

You underestimate how much the Pac 10 sucks.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Didn't Gaskin also get underutilized in the 2016 opener? His turn will come.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

whuggy said:

Gaskin is really good. Even he needs holes though.
    Weren't a ton of those to be had Friday.

He found them. 7 carries 59 yards, with a long of 17. Gaskin is a stud. Coleman is too. Gaskin is the better player, but at times last year, Coleman had the hot hand and I would yell at the TV for him to get in the game.
    I've gotten to the point when you can actually tell which RB is best for the game. If we are facing a strong front (think Stanford or teams like that), gaskin is who is best for that because of his burst and his incredible vision and lateral ability, when we face those soft Pac-12 teams (WSU, AZ, etc) Coleman can see the holes our line opens up and he is just a force in those games.

I love them both though, so abundance.
    Gaskin should get almost all of the carries the first 3-3.5 quarters. Coleman in the 4th after the defense is exhausted from stretching Gaskin out along he sideline. It's so goddamn simple and we mostly stuck to it last season.
    Solid Doogman analysis
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Babushka reads this bored.

GASKIN IS NOT A BIG BACK
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,507
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

whuggy said:

Gaskin is really good. Even he needs holes though.
    Weren't a ton of those to be had Friday.

He found them. 7 carries 59 yards, with a long of 17. Gaskin is a stud. Coleman is too. Gaskin is the better player, but at times last year, Coleman had the hot hand and I would yell at the TV for him to get in the game.
    I've gotten to the point when you can actually tell which RB is best for the game. If we are facing a strong front (think Stanford or teams like that), gaskin is who is best for that because of his burst and his incredible vision and lateral ability, when we face those soft Pac-12 teams (WSU, AZ, etc) Coleman can see the holes our line opens up and he is just a force in those games.

I love them both though, so abundance.
    Gaskin should get almost all of the carries the first 3-3.5 quarters. Coleman in the 4th after the defense is exhausted from stretching Gaskin out along he sideline. It's so goddamn simple and we mostly stuck to it last season.
    Solid Doogman analysis
    This is pretty much what we did every game last year, so I guess Doogman had it right.

Here's another great tried and true doogism: "FUCK OFF"

• Options
    BabushkaBabushka Member Posts: 211
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Babushka reads this bored.

GASKIN IS NOT A BIG BACK

Welcome to November, 2016