Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dawg Defensive Line controlled the line of scrimmage

...in no part of this game. The scarlet knights pushed the stout UW front seven backwards all fuckin' night.

Look out PAC-12. Here comes nick holt part 2.

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I agree they could have done much better but this is bullshit.
    Maybe not on the majority of them but on a lot of the 3rd and shorts that Rutgers attempted to run they got nothing.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,649
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The trenches are supposed to be to strengths and got dominated at times.

The Bowman's had a really rough evening. Bartlett massive disappointment tonight.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This is a fucking joke right?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I like to say the trenches got dominated on both sides of the ball but then realize that Rutgers averaged just a shade over 3 yards per carry ... that's what I like to do

Is there room for improvement? Absolutely,

Will they improve? Of course

Hate to agree with you, but I do. The OL sucked though.
    First game of the year ... go back and look at OL performance in OOC last year ... could argue they played down to their competition
    This. McGarry and Adams both sucked. That doesn't mean we should be concerned and that they are awful players.
    If you want to be concerned by browning looking a lot like the Brownsocks that he was against usc and Bama last year I think that's fair.
    We had a bad game running the ball. That doesn't mean the run game isn't going to be one of if not the best in the conference this season.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Tequilla said:

I like to say the trenches got dominated on both sides of the ball but then realize that Rutgers averaged just a shade over 3 yards per carry ... that's what I like to do

Is asking and answering your own questions making an argument credible?
    What happens if you do nothing but recruit players with the last name you can't pronounce?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I had one question going into the game ... would Browning shit himself ... he did so repeatedly

Then I saw Sean Constantine play and had a WTF moment ...

I felt like DDY for a moment ... felt really dirty
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited September 2017
    It's all relative considering we play a 2-4-5 on defense. I get that lineup in the Pac 12 but when you have a team that is bigger than you, and they are running the ball down your throat, how do you not put another 1 or 2 guys back on the line? Everyone who wants to talk about Babushka getting cute should say the same shit about Kwietkowski(sp?). We ran that shit against Alabama and it was pathetic. They had Psalm as a 230 pound edge player and Alabama would run at him 2-3 times in a row because they knew we couldn't set the edge. Play to your fucking strengths... our strength on D is our D-Line depth.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It's all relative considering we play a 2-4-5 on defense. I get that lineup in the Pac 12 but when you have a team that is bigger than you, and they are running the ball down your throat, how do you not put another 1 or 2 guys back on the line? Everyone who wants to talk about Babushka getting cute should say the same shit about Kwietkowski(sp?). We ran that shit against Alabama and it was pathetic. They had Psalm as a 230 pound edge player and Alabama would run at him 2-3 times in a row because they knew we couldn't set the edge. Play to your fucking strengths... our strength on D is our D-Line depth.

Thought they played 3 DL most of the game?
  • Options

Rutgers averaged liked 3.1 yards per carry ...

Your understanding of our defense and performance makes you suited to be a supporter of Gary Andersen ... what do you say @89ute
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,731
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Your understanding of our defense and performance makes you suited to be a supporter of Gary Andersen ... what do you say @89ute
    Sure if you include the sack.

Also they had a bunch of carries from their own 1 where we knew they were running and sold out to stop it.

Both their RBs had their moments tearing through the front 7.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,649
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

UW averaged 3.5 yards per carry. OL sucked is correct.

No shit Tequila, they will improve. You are certainly captain obvious. They played poorly as unit tonight. No reason for it. All those guys have played a lot football together. Not unreasonable to point it out.

• Options

Tequilla said:

Sure if you include the sack.

Also they had a bunch of carries from their own 1 where we knew they were running and sold out to stop it.

Both their RBs had their moments tearing through the front 7.
    The equivalent of getting salty on the "if you remove the 75 yard fly sweep TD when up 24 the ypc allowed was 3.2" line of thinking
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Tequilla said:

UW averaged 3.5 yards per carry. OL sucked is correct.

No shit Tequila, they will improve. You are certainly captain obvious. They played poorly as unit tonight. No reason for it. All those guys have played a lot football together. Not unreasonable to point it out.

And they did so as well last year ... games were largely carbon copies except a little better talent this year for Rutgers, no Ross, and Browning's labia lips have gotten fuller