Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Washington Post rips the antifa idiots

13»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

salemcoog said:

Excellent piece Boobs from a quality, reputable, news source.

I don't know what's more pathetic, Boobs turning in his black scarf or he actually paying to be a WaPost subscriber.
    I'm giving Boobs props for linking a good piece from a reputable, albeit center-left newspaper. They have good reporters and the op-ed page has a wide array of view points. This chart is pretty accurate in my view.

WSJ way too fucking low. Best paper in the country. HuffPo too high and center. Lulz at DailyKoz dropping out of lower left quad.

NPR national's skew tends to be more of omission and theme than editorial. They report news pretty straight, and feature-type segments just ignore those culturally different. Local affiliates on the other hand are completely different. KUOW is full Mao, and from what I remember of the main Oregon stations, pretty much same.
    Agree on Huff Post. And realistically NYT should be a bit more left on the diagram; WP too but not as much left. I disagree often will the official editorial stances of both, but they are still papers of record and get top talent/writers. Additionally, there is a lot of good conservative thought in the op-ed pages of both- e.g., Brooks, Douthat, Will, Samuelson, Gearson, Edsall (more centrist) - but all being Never Trumpers, they will be considered cucks by many here. I think it's important as hell that we stay out of echo chambers; we should all be challenging our own positions and reading from reputable sources from both left and right. The Atlantic, while be center left has a lot of worthwhile reading. I've also posted pieces here by guys like David Goldman, aka "Spengler", who are pretty far right and with whom I disagree with 50% of the time, but still have good points to make.
    Lol "talent"
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2017

salemcoog said:

I don't know what's more pathetic, Boobs turning in his black scarf or he actually paying to be a WaPost subscriber.
    I'm giving Boobs props for linking a good piece from a reputable, albeit center-left newspaper. They have good reporters and the op-ed page has a wide array of view points. This chart is pretty accurate in my view.

WSJ way too fucking low. Best paper in the country. HuffPo too high and center. Lulz at DailyKoz dropping out of lower left quad.

NPR national's skew tends to be more of omission and theme than editorial. They report news pretty straight, and feature-type segments just ignore those culturally different. Local affiliates on the other hand are completely different. KUOW is full Mao, and from what I remember of the main Oregon stations, pretty much same.
    Agree on Huff Post. And realistically NYT should be a bit more left on the diagram; WP too but not as much left. I disagree often will the official editorial stances of both, but they are still papers of record and get top talent/writers. Additionally, there is a lot of good conservative thought in the op-ed pages of both- e.g., Brooks, Douthat, Will, Samuelson, Gearson, Edsall (more centrist) - but all being Never Trumpers, they will be considered cucks by many here. I think it's important as hell that we stay out of echo chambers; we should all be challenging our own positions and reading from reputable sources from both left and right. The Atlantic, while be center left has a lot of worthwhile reading. I've also posted pieces here by guys like David Goldman, aka "Spengler", who are pretty far right and with whom I disagree with 50% of the time, but still have good points to make.
    Agree in theory. But the left has gone so far off the rails that they can't currently be considered anywhere in the vicinity of reputable. There may be a republican president and congress, but they have had 8 years to build an apparatus of power that borders on totalitarian, and have been usurping control for much longer than that with the media they own, with the Marxist, leftist shit taught in schools. They control the universities and have indoctrinated an entire generation with their worldview. For those who want to open their eyes and see, you need only look at Canada to see how this ends. Free speech is dead there. The left did that. Every mother fucker in the US should understand clearly what's been going on there, and stop the left from doing it here. Because they want to. That's their game and it's in the open now for everyone to see. If the roles were reversed I would have the same hatred for the right. The radical left is currently public enemy number 1.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

Agree in theory. But the left has gone so far off the rails that they can't currently be considered anywhere in the vicinity of reputable. There may be a republican president and congress, but they have had 8 years to build an apparatus of power that borders on totalitarian, and have been usurping control for much longer than that with the media they own, with the Marxist, leftist shit taught in schools. They control the universities and have indoctrinated an entire generation with their worldview. For those who want to open their eyes and see, you need only look at Canada to see how this ends. Free speech is dead there. The left did that. Every mother fucker in the US should understand clearly what's been going on there, and stop the left from doing it here. Because they want to. If the roles were reversed I would have the same hatred for the right. The radical left is currently public enemy number 1.

salemcoog said:

Agree in theory. But the left has gone so far off the rails that they can't currently be considered anywhere in the vicinity of reputable. There may be a republican president and congress, but they have had 8 years to build an apparatus of power that borders on totalitarian, and have been usurping control for much longer than that with the media they own, with the Marxist, leftist shit taught in schools. They control the universities and have indoctrinated an entire generation with their worldview. For those who want to open their eyes and see, you need only look at Canada to see how this ends. Free speech is dead there. The left did that. Every mother fucker in the US should understand clearly what's been going on there, and stop the left from doing it here. Because they want to. If the roles were reversed I would have the same hatred for the right. The radical left is currently public enemy number 1.
    Bury your head it the sand. It's not happening if you don't see it.....
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

salemcoog said:

Agree in theory. But the left has gone so far off the rails that they can't currently be considered anywhere in the vicinity of reputable. There may be a republican president and congress, but they have had 8 years to build an apparatus of power that borders on totalitarian, and have been usurping control for much longer than that with the media they own, with the Marxist, leftist shit taught in schools. They control the universities and have indoctrinated an entire generation with their worldview. For those who want to open their eyes and see, you need only look at Canada to see how this ends. Free speech is dead there. The left did that. Every mother fucker in the US should understand clearly what's been going on there, and stop the left from doing it here. Because they want to. That's their game and it's in the open now for everyone to see. If the roles were reversed I would have the same hatred for the right. The radical left is currently public enemy number 1.
    So what you are saying is that the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with antifa, under the supervision of BLM, are conspiring in a fiendish plot to eliminate free speech?!

Why didn't I see it before! It's all so obvious the way you present it.

salemcoog said:

So what you are saying is that the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with antifa, under the supervision of BLM, are conspiring in a fiendish plot to eliminate free speech?!

Why didn't I see it before! It's all so obvious the way you present it.
    You're late for the Antifa rally, don't forgot your mask.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:
    It's fucking amazing to watch the Left face-plant into their own shit piles over and over and over again. The public saw two-sides, even as the media screamed "But...Nazis, Nazis, Nazis!!!" And people wonder how a pussy grabber who said he could get away with shooting someone in the street won the election. Kreist. Isn't it obvious by now?

salemcoog said:

My Migraine thanks you. Fuck.

doogie said:
    It's fucking amazing to watch the Left face-plant into their own shit piles over and over and over again. The public saw two-sides, even as the media screamed "But...Nazis, Nazis, Nazis!!!" And people wonder how a pussy grabber who said he could get away with shooting someone in the street won the election. Kreist. Isn't it obvious by now?
    People wonder? you make it very obvious.

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

*gurgle*
    Racist as fuck
    Ts&Ps to southern white trash.
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Your obsession with white trash reveals your deep roots in it,
    White Trash Superiority Guy.

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

*gurgle*
    Racist as fuck

Oh look at Jethro iambic pentametering his Shakespeare. You got a good edumarcation for sure!

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

*gurgle*
    Racist as fuck

Oh look at Jethro iambic pentametering his Shakespeare. You got a good edumarcation for sure!
    BearsWiin forgot to sign out of his alt account...

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

*gurgle*
    Racist as fuck

That's a new one, and there have been a number of alt guesses the last few days. None of them right, including this one.

I like @BearsWiin. He's smart and clever. I don't think many here get how he insults them with intelligence that goes over their heads.

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

*gurgle*
    Racist as fuck

That's a new one, and there have been a number of alt guesses the last few days. None of them right, including this one.

I like @BearsWiin. He's smart and clever. I don't think many here get how he insults them with intelligence that goes over their heads.
    Confirmed. It's BearsWiin.

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

*gurgle*
    Racist as fuck

I like obk too. His insanity is endearing due to the underlying wit and natural comedic talent.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

*gurgle*
    Racist as fuck

I like obk too. His insanity is endearing due to the underlying wit and natural comedic talent.
    This may be the only funny thing you've ever said
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

*gurgle*
    Racist as fuck

I like @BearsWiin. He's smart and clever. I don't think many here get how he chinsults them with chintelligence that goes over their heads.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    BearsWiin said:

The fuck is going on? I've been in the fucking car the last two hours and I cum back to find... what, exactly?

I do have an alt here, but that's not it. And I'm tryin to stay out of the pig-wrasslin here in the Tug

You came back to the Tug. Same as it ever was.