Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardy har har

13»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Been to Memphis once. Best BBQ I've ever had (Texan heresy)

The Rendezvous? Best rib joint in the history of rib joints?
    Rendezvous is a must visit for the atmosphere and history, but it's not particularly good as far as Memphis ribs go. But you do need to try the sausage and cheese plate if you ever go there again.

Central, Corky's, Memphis BBQ Co, and Germantown Commissary all have better ribs IMO, and there are probably others I haven't been to.

There's BBQ everywhere here. As a former North Carolinian, former Oklahoman who spent time in Georgia, I am all in on Memphis BBQ. No other BBQ comes close (though I've never had KC BBQ and have heard very good things).

Texas brisket is the shit though, my favorite non pork BBQ anywhere.
    If would have known DNC that you were Memphis BBQ Superiority Guy, I wouldn't have popped off so much. I love the Rendezvous so much because of the location and ambience. And yes, I've had the cheese plate and sausages. I even some the seasoning at home in my cupboard. I recall going to one other sport when I was there: it would have been either Corky's or Interstate. Was excellent which ever it was. Just haven't ever been able to find BBQ on par with those kinds of places in Seattle, although I am a pretty mean rib chef myself.
    Next time you're in town PM me and we'll check out Central or Memphis BBQ Co.
  • Options

Bunch of guys discussing what restaurants to eat at next time they travel. You guys realize you sound like a group of moms at Starbuck's, right?

But the bigger question is: Could this thread get any gayer?

This thread is our way of welcoming @MikeDamone back
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Bunch of guys discussing what restaurants to eat at next time they travel. You guys realize you sound like a group of moms at Starbuck's, right?

-- CHALLENGE STILL ACCEPTED --

Here are some male cosplayers

we done here?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Rendezvous is a must visit for the atmosphere and history, but it's not particularly good as far as Memphis ribs go. But you do need to try the sausage and cheese plate if you ever go there again.

Central, Corky's, Memphis BBQ Co, and Germantown Commissary all have better ribs IMO, and there are probably others I haven't been to.

There's BBQ everywhere here. As a former North Carolinian, former Oklahoman who spent time in Georgia, I am all in on Memphis BBQ. No other BBQ comes close (though I've never had KC BBQ and have heard very good things).

If would have known DNC that you were Memphis BBQ Superiority Guy, I wouldn't have popped off so much. I love the Rendezvous so much because of the location and ambience. And yes, I've had the cheese plate and sausages. I even some the seasoning at home in my cupboard. I recall going to one other sport when I was there: it would have been either Corky's or Interstate. Was excellent which ever it was. Just haven't ever been able to find BBQ on par with those kinds of places in Seattle, although I am a pretty mean rib chef myself.
    On 3 Conditions:

1) @Swaye's out of the picture

2) We can go take a walk along the Mighty Miss for perspective

3) We can go look at the ducks at the Peabody
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

On 3 Conditions:

1) @Swaye's out of the picture

2) We can go take a walk along the Mighty Miss for perspective

3) We can go look at the ducks at the Peabody
    LEARN TO SEND A PM YOU IDIOT!!! HAHAHAHAHA!
  • Options
    Back to the poont of the thred:

Someone in Arizona turned the memorial to Confederate veterans on the lawn of their state Capitol into the 2nd Place Participation Trophy that it is:

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,169
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

Someone in Arizona turned the memorial to Confederate veterans on the lawn of their state Capitol into the 2nd Place Participation Trophy that it is:

That's creative and funny
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Troll level: Asian
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

-- CHALLENGE ACCEPTED --

here's a cute picture of some ferrets

Don't let Richard Gere get his hands on those.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Beale Street gives me a boner. Bourbon Street with better tunes and without the barfing rednecks.

There's great places to go in the Quarter and NOLA that aren't Bourbon Street. Last I checked, Bourbon Street was mostly gay bars these days (NTTAWWT).

I didn't there was enough of Beale Street when I was there. Maybe that's changed now.
    Beale Street is pretty cool and a must visit, but it's pretty damn tiny. Two blocks and the far third of the eastern block is pretty sparse.

It's great for live music and food though, and minus the airborne herpes of Bourbon Street so it has that going for it.
    Agreed.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2017
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

This. I always look at BBQ as BBQ, and then brisket. Both BBQ, but two different worlds. Texas for brisket, and Memphis for BBQ.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

This. I always look at BBQ as BBQ, and then brisket. Both BBQ, but two different worlds. Texas for brisket, and Memphis for BBQ.
    the hell you say

I like pork, because it tastes good

but BBQ brisket is BBQ