Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pac-12 Network’s Yogi Roth ‘blown away’ by UW’s Salvon Ahmed

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2017
    AEB said:

jecornel said:

AEB said:

Remember when people wanted him as a DB? You needed to watch 30 secs of his huddle to understand how dynamic he was with the ball in his hands. He is preternatural. He may house a KO or two during the preseason schedule.

It was the TSIO pod that said it first. They changed their tune after Weddington decommited.

Ahmed would be incredible at corner. No denying that fact.

Though, his instincts, footwork and speed were for made RB.
    Right....I wasn't perfect thinking Salvon could redshirt at one point, but I loved him on O always

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/comment/557853

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/comment/567755

Buried post so it could be easy to miss

Here's the other one. Not buried. It's a blackeye for HH, IMO.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,634
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Haha, Tequila you are such an asshole. Not a good look? You are never right. haha.

Coker & Dennis are the experts on recruiting and I trust them. You? Not so much.

You guys spoke about it on a podcast about Ahmed playing defense or offense on a podcast that discussed recruiting heavily. It was well thought out and I agreed with it.

Coker made mention with Weddington going to Stanford could change things Ahmed. BFD

Fuck, man. I am glad Salvon is a dawg. He will be a great one. He will be at WR/RB/KR etc.

He would be an exceptional corner as well.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    AEB said:

jecornel said:

AEB said:

Remember when people wanted him as a DB? You needed to watch 30 secs of his huddle to understand how dynamic he was with the ball in his hands. He is preternatural. He may house a KO or two during the preseason schedule.

It was the TSIO pod that said it first. They changed their tune after Weddington decommited.

Right....I wasn't perfect thinking Salvon could redshirt at one point, but I loved him on O always

It's okay be wrong or change your opinion on something.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm an asshole because you ran your mouth and then got called on it ... that's cool ... whatever.

I fully agree that DDY and Pepsi are way more involved in recruiting than I am. I tend to not watch film until after Signing Day or if Pepsi/DDY tell me I need to watch something.

They will also tell you that I take the video I watch very seriously and with Ahmed if I recall correctly I think I compared him to being our best RB since Nip. Last year I watched Rapp's film and said that I wouldn't be shocked to see him playing a significant role as a freshman. Even someone like Dissly I really liked his feet and we are seeing that with him as a TE.

I don't really care if you agree with me or not ... but I'm very comfortable with what my track record has been ... particularly since starting the pod.
  • Options
    And if I'm never right Little Jimmy ... go back and take my season predictions last year ... you'll find that I was sufficiently dialed in
  • Options
    jecornel said:

AEB said:

jecornel said:

AEB said:

It's okay be wrong or change your opinion on something.
    When I do that it's called moving the goal posts
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,071
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2017
    What @salemcoog said

Always read the whole thread
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    jecornel said:

Haha, Tequila you are such an asshole. Not a good look? You are never right. haha.

Coker & Dennis are the experts on recruiting and I trust them. You? Not so much.

You guys spoke about it on a podcast about Ahmed playing defense or offense on a podcast that discussed recruiting heavily. It was well thought out and I agreed with it.

Coker made mention with Weddington going to Stanford could change things Ahmed. BFD

Fuck, man. I am glad Salvon is a dawg. He will be a great one. He will be at WR/RB/KR etc.

He would be an exceptional corner as well.

Xoxoxoxoxo I still love you, Jimmy!
  • Options
    Haven't even come close to taking the gloves off
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2017
    Tequilla said:

Haven't even come close to taking the gloves off

Paging Tom Rinaldi.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

jecornel said:

Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

AEB said:

Care to point out which pod and who said it?

The furthest I could have seen the pod talking about Ahmed and CB was that he'd be tremendous there for the reasons mentioned. But we were very on him as a RB ... particularly when Ektard was calling him out as a CB ... personally I remember watching about 15 seconds of seeing his film and saying that I'd seen enough.

We as a pod were not high on Connor at all ... we made that abundantly clear
    Coker and Dennis.

Calm down Tequila. Geez... It's not really a big deal.
    ITS A HUGE DEAL, I LOVE AND HAVE FOREVER LOVED SALVON AT RB!!!!1!!

I still remember eklund saying he doesn't play as fast as his forty time indicates, hahahaha. What a doof.
    You only talk about the times Eklund is wrong
    This. We need to take a second and list all the times he was right.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    AEB, feel free to point out all the times I'm right. Or not.

Tequila, "tape superiority guy," running my mouth? Pure gold bud. At least I keep it to a paragraph or less!

Race, always pleased to see you pay attention to my posts! Appreciate it big guy.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

And if I'm never right Little Jimmy ... go back and take my season predictions last year ... you'll find that I was sufficiently dialed in

Holy shit...dude.... amazing!!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club

jecornel said:

Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

AEB said:

Care to point out which pod and who said it?

The furthest I could have seen the pod talking about Ahmed and CB was that he'd be tremendous there for the reasons mentioned. But we were very on him as a RB ... particularly when Ektard was calling him out as a CB ... personally I remember watching about 15 seconds of seeing his film and saying that I'd seen enough.

We as a pod were not high on Connor at all ... we made that abundantly clear
    Coker and Dennis.

Calm down Tequila. Geez... It's not really a big deal.
    ITS A HUGE DEAL, I LOVE AND HAVE FOREVER LOVED SALVON AT RB!!!!1!!

I still remember eklund saying he doesn't play as fast as his forty time indicates, hahahaha. What a doof.
    Eklund and his ilk are enemies of the program. Water is wet.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club

A thread about Yogi Roth with Jimmy Cornell getting TQ to take the gloves off.

Doogman stuff here guys

I apologize.