Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shitty Player Countdown: Day 17

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Very surprised it wasn't "Couldn't cut it at Alabama" Travell Dixon..
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Race was there and he's right.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

If Nick Montana's picture isn't poasted in 12 days this hole cuntdown is chinvalid.

It already is, caz psalm is not included. I demand a recount
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If Warren Moon isn't at #1 this is all a bunch of hype
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

If Nick Montana's picture isn't poasted in 12 days this hole cuntdown is chinvalid.

It already is, caz psalm is not included. I demand a recount
    P-Salm led the team in sacks last year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

If Warren Moon isn't at #1 this is all a bunch of hype

Warned
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Warren Moon is interesting because I was there. I believe him and his family that they heard shit in the stands of a racial nature. I didn't because we had 50 yard line Tyee seats among the refined old time UW alums

But we fucking hated him as a QB. He was horrible all three years EXCEPT for USC and the Rose Bowl as a senior. The opposite of Browning. He struggled against the shit teams.

He was a more important recruit than Joe Steele regardless of what James said. We had to show LA that the Jim Owens shit show was over. Benching the local hero from Roosevelt who was better QB paid long term benefits.

But it was tough to watch. Moon's career and HOF election is one of the real surprises to me in sports.

@RaceBannon what do you mean long term benefits? did UW start recruiting more black players? I am millennial doof that has no perspective on UW before 2000
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Warren Moon is interesting because I was there. I believe him and his family that they heard shit in the stands of a racial nature. I didn't because we had 50 yard line Tyee seats among the refined old time UW alums

But we fucking hated him as a QB. He was horrible all three years EXCEPT for USC and the Rose Bowl as a senior. The opposite of Browning. He struggled against the shit teams.

He was a more important recruit than Joe Steele regardless of what James said. We had to show LA that the Jim Owens shit show was over. Benching the local hero from Roosevelt who was better QB paid long term benefits.

But it was tough to watch. Moon's career and HOF election is one of the real surprises to me in sports.

@RaceBannon what do you mean long term benefits? did UW start recruiting more black players? I am millennial doof that has no perspective on UW before 2000
    We were in trouble with the lucrative So Cal recruiting area after the racial upheaval in the program under Owens. A boycott by the players over an all white staff of Junction Boys who weren't ready for progress.

USC had at least one Black qb in the 60's. UW was still using quotas and not allowing Blacks to play certain positions.

Chris Rowland once threw 7 TD passes against Cal and was on the roster. James went to LA CC and brought Moon in year one and started him for his three years of eligibility.

James told his staff to recruit the guts USC recruited. It made the program
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club

We were in trouble with the lucrative So Cal recruiting area after the racial upheaval in the program under Owens. A boycott by the players over an all white staff of Junction Boys who weren't ready for progress.

USC had at least one Black qb in the 60's. UW was still using quotas and not allowing Blacks to play certain positions.

Chris Rowland once threw 7 TD passes against Cal and was on the roster. James went to LA CC and brought Moon in year one and started him for his three years of eligibility.

Was Cal ranked?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Was Cal ranked?
    Cal was tuff in the 70's under Mike White. Chuck Muncie, Steve Bartkowski, and Joe Roth among others. Wesley Walker.

But there is no D in California
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The only QB we put in the NFL Hall had at 49% completion percentage at Washington.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club

The only QB we put in the NFL Hall had at 49% completion percentage at Washington.
    We?