Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to the Seahawks

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
You drafted a shit talking soft fuckstick in the first round last year. You deserve this for drafting a player out of Texas A&M you stupid fucks.

#FireCable

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Fuck this team!
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Good thing Pete passed on Budda.

What an asshole.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    jecornel said:

Good thing Pete passed on Budda and Kevin King. (snicker)
    What an asshole.

• Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    When's the point when there can be Seahawk half brains? How many more years post Super Bowl?

I'm fucking sick of the BS from Carroll, Schneider, and Cable - not sure any other fan base and media would tolerate this constant bullshit "positivity but I'm really just completely lying to you because I can" Another 10-6, maybe divisional title, and bounced in ththe divisional round will be special for the doogs/12s
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

When's the point when there can be Seahawk half brains? How many more years post Super Bowl?

I'm fucking sick of the BS from Carroll, Schneider, and Cable - not sure any other fan base and media would tolerate this constant bullshit "positivity but I'm really just completely lying to you because I can" Another 10-6, maybe divisional title, and bounced in ththe divisional round will be special for the doogs/12s

The moment Seahawk Half Brains was born:

• Options

The moment Seahawk Half Brains was born:

That's when it should have started - where are these halfbrains then, Sven? (other than you, of course)

I don't even see that much criticism on this board and I thought this board was filled with the most cynical, "win or GTFO" fucks out there...
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,292
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

The Washington Redskins are a professional American football team based in the Washington metropolitan area. The Redskins compete in the National Football League (NFL) as a member of the National Football Conference (NFC) East division. The team plays its home games at FedExField in Landover, Maryland; its headquarters and training facility are at Inova Sports Performance Center at Redskins Park in Ashburn, Virginia, and the Redskins Complex in Richmond, Virginia, respectively. The Redskins have played more than 1,000 games since 1932, and are one of only five franchises in the NFL to record over 600 regular season and postseason wins, reaching that mark in 2015.[2] The Redskins have won five NFL Championships (two pre-1966 merger announcement, and three Super Bowls). The franchise has captured 14 NFL divisional titles and six NFL conference championships.[3] The Redskins were the first team in the NFL with an official marching band, and also the first team to have a fight song, "Hail to the Redskins".[4]

The team began play as the Boston Braves in 1932, based in Boston, before relocating to Washington, D.C., in 1937. The Redskins won the 1937 and 1942 Championship games, as well as Super Bowls XVII, XXII, and XXVI. They also played in, and lost, the 1936, 1940, 1943, and 1945 Championship games, as well as Super Bowls VII and XVIII. They have made 24 postseason appearances, and have an overall postseason record of 23–18. The Redskins' three Super Bowl wins are tied with the Oakland Raiders and Denver Broncos, behind the Pittsburgh Steelers (six), San Francisco 49ers, Dallas Cowboys, and New England Patriots (five each), and the Green Bay Packers and New York Giants (four each).[5]

All of the Redskins' league titles were attained during two 10-year spans. From 1936 to 1945, the Redskins went to the NFL Championship six times, winning two of them.[6] The second period lasted between 1982 and 1991 where the Redskins appeared in the postseason seven times, captured four Conference titles, and won three Super Bowls out of four appearances.[6] The Redskins have also experienced failure in their history. The most notable period of general failure was from 1946 to 1970, during which the Redskins posted only four winning seasons and did not have a single postseason appearance.[3] During this period, the Redskins went without a single winning season during the years 1956–1968.[3] In 1961, the franchise posted their worst regular season record with a 1–12–1 showing.[3] Since 1992, the Redskins have won the NFC East three times, made five postseason appearances, and had nine seasons with a winning record.

According to Forbes, the Redskins are the fifth most valuable franchise in the NFL, and are the eleventh most valuable sports club in the world as of 2017, valued at approximately $2.95 billion.[7] They also set the NFL record for single-season attendance in 2007, and have the top ten single-season attendance totals in the NFL.[8]
  • Options
    whlinder said:

The Washington Redskins are a professional American football team based in the Washington metropolitan area. The Redskins compete in the National Football League (NFL) as a member of the National Football Conference (NFC) East division. The team plays its home games at FedExField in Landover, Maryland; its headquarters and training facility are at Inova Sports Performance Center at Redskins Park in Ashburn, Virginia, and the Redskins Complex in Richmond, Virginia, respectively. The Redskins have played more than 1,000 games since 1932, and are one of only five franchises in the NFL to record over 600 regular season and postseason wins, reaching that mark in 2015.[2] The Redskins have won five NFL Championships (two pre-1966 merger announcement, and three Super Bowls). The franchise has captured 14 NFL divisional titles and six NFL conference championships.[3] The Redskins were the first team in the NFL with an official marching band, and also the first team to have a fight song, "Hail to the Redskins".[4]
    A chinteresting example to bring up - know a bit about this franchise having lived in DC between 1997-2000 and 2002-2007 so let me share what I took away (I'm assuming you live there @whlinder ?)

Talk radio (before full Snyder takeover) and media fully laid the lumber to the team at all times when they were losing - even to Gibbs upon his non-trimpuhant return as coach for part deux. Washingtons fan base, like many on that coast doesn't hesitate from criticism even when they are being held hostage by east coast Jed York - or Jed is west coast Snyder. It's a fan base that isn't dumb, but it's trapped by a terrible owner. My perception from that time period, I guess...

Conversely, a semi-recent poll on Field Gulls indicated that roughly 50% of respondents thought Tom Cable was going an adequate or better job. There's no media or talk radio manipulation in Seattle - just fucking complacent media stooges like Condooga who parrot tithe company line and a dumbass fan base addicted to carrolls stupid "positivity"/lying. 12s are hypnotized by their single super bowl win in other words.

What do you think @whlinder ?
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

GRONK!

You know why @TierbsHsotBoobs ...(chinning the ghost of SFJ in this thread for a one word stupid off topic post and only upvoting my last post) #totallynotoversensitive
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,292
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I guess where I was going I was focusing on the fan base side of your comment, as I believe Redskins fans are insanely, irrationally positive, not the media side, but let me ramble like Tequila....

I've lived in DC Metro my whole life except when I went to college at UW. I grew up cheering for the Skins; my first game in person was in 1989 Cowboys @ Skins, Aikman and Johnson's first season where the Cowboys went 1-15, getting the 1 in RFK. Fuck the Cowboys.

1991 was so much fucking fun, went to two games at RFK that year.
    Back then the media I would say was fair; in the Washington Post it was Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon, with Tony as the cheerleader and Wilbon as cold water, but Wilbon was mostly fair in his assessments (back then- in the mid 2000s he became a gigantic douche). Kornheiser's 1991 Bandwagon series is still amazing to read.

The fans were insanely positive back then- never a doubt we'd win it all in 91. Gibbs was a saint.

After Gibbs retired the first time it sucked but soon enough we had Norv Turner and Heath Shuler to come play savior! And the fans were still all excited. Even in the 90s the fans every year thought it would be a good year. Got the new stadium, it started selling out as the team got better again. There was a 7 year drought between playoff appearances and I don't recall the media or the fans getting to "this is unacceptable!" levels of discourse. All failures were explained and accepted. They weren't ignored but they sure were accepted.

The Snyder era is where it really got bad. Wilbon & Kornheiser cut back on their Post writing to be ESPN personalities and Snyder declared war on coverage of his team that wasn't positive. He started his own media networks and of course that was all fluff. Every year was another piece of meat to throw at the fans to believe "this is the year!". New coach. New QBs. New WRs. Some hotshot rookie. Gibbs is back! Now we're hiring Jim Zorn! He's going to be great! Mike Shanahan! RG3!

Through this era, which is now 15 years running, the media criticism of the team is still there but in my view is no where close to being as critical as it should. I mean Jerry fucking Brewer is the sports columnist now at the Washington Post! Sports talk with certain hosts is critical, but it matches to the fan base which is that every year the marketing focus of some new player or coach is going to make the team awesome and we'll finally be back!

The positivity every fucking year by our* fans is something that I think is different from Philly/NY/Boston/Pittsburgh (though in Boston it may have changed now since they've had good reason to expect SBs every year). Jets fans are much more cynical. Eagles fans hate everything. Skins fans are all happy to wear their throwback jerseys of Green/Monk/Williams/Taylor/Jurgensen/Cooley and lose some more. This will be the year it's different!

This is one of the top-5 most valuable franchises, situated in a great city where players love to live, plenty of revenue, and it has not won 11 games in a regular season since 1991. The longest drought in the league. Cleveland won 11 in 1994! Over a quarter century of accepting complete shit. So I would expect the media to be harsher on such performance and I definitely think the fans are too accepting. I had cut the team back and then a couple of coaches on Shanahan's staff moved in to my hood and I got to know them a bit, so the Skins sucked me back in to caring, but post Shanny I've been done. Losers Lose and after 20 years of Snyder being in charge all of the results say he's a loser and the whole franchise reflects that. There is no other logical conclusion based on the evidence available, but media/fans all say how much he cares and tries. Bullshit. Results are what matter. Ain't done shit in a generation.

I do think the disengagement by old time fans is becoming obvious (you don't rip out 20K seats without losing some fans) but it hasn't reached the HH stage of open revolt and attacking the complacent & accepting fans. ExtremeSkins.com = Dawgman.com. Maybe there is a site out there being critical but they've killed my fandom and until Snyder is removed it won't even matter.

On the Seahawks side, both the Hawks being good and having as many fans as there are fairly recent occurrences. It may bode better for the Hawks that the current owner has actually been to the mountaintop and that all these new fans only know winning. That might force some change as the cracks start to show. Cause once those cracks are accepted as OK you're looking at a lost generation.
  • Options
    @whlinder Interesting - I didn't know a lot of big skins fans personally, just listened to talk radio a lot on my commute and heard a lot of frustrated fans on the air (and some positive ones too of course). You'd never be allowed major air time on talk radio in Seattle if you wanted to criticize the Seahawks, our media has a long standing tradition of not allowing criticism of coaches/owners (even on non-official stations) - but of course have at it about "uppity" players like Richard Sherman (courtesy of liberal Seattle latent white racist fucktards) I have a hard time seeing how change will happen until both Carroll and Schneider are gone (don't you remember, they won a super bowl?)

But...maybe the gap in positivity isn't as great across fan bases as I thought, and we should all go fuck ourselves for following the NFL in the first place
  • Options

@whlinder Interesting - I didn't know a lot of big skins fans personally, just listened to talk radio a lot on my commute and heard a lot of frustrated fans on the air (and some positive ones too of course). You'd never be allowed major air time on talk radio in Seattle if you wanted to criticize the Seahawks, our media has a long standing tradition of not allowing criticism of coaches/owners (even on non-official stations) - but of course have at it about "uppity" players like Richard Sherman (courtesy of liberal Seattle latent white racist fucktards) I have a hard time seeing how change will happen until both Carroll and Schneider are gone (don't you remember, they won a super bowl?)

But...maybe the gap in positivity isn't as great across fan bases as I thought, and we should all go fuck ourselves for following the NFL in the first place

Seattle was a shitty organization with an anomaly of one Super Bowl appearance in their first 30 years, but do fire the people who have actually won something with the organization. It's a such a great job that I'm sure Bill Belichek would dump the Pats in a hot minute to come coach.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,409
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Seattle was a shitty organization with an anomaly of one Super Bowl appearance in their first 30 years, but do fire the people who have actually won something with the organization. It's a such a great job that I'm sure Bill Belichek would dump the Pats in a hot minute to come coach.

Which brings me back around to my original question - when does it become ok to be critical of the organization? We have a good organization now, shouldn't it be ok to expect more now, or because it once was a shitty organization, we just have to take what we get no matter what because of a Super Bowl three years ago?

Just feels un half brain like to give PCJS a constant free pass just because the team used to suck. Peterman just won the Pac-10 and made the playoff, and he still gets tons of grief on here for recruiting misses, Malloe, etc. - and I assume he will still get that even if he wins multiple natties. That's the difference I'm trying to figure out.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Seahawks let their player's individual future political agenda''s overshadow and detract from the football team.

Pete lost control.

Seattle will now follow San Francisco in a slow tidy-bowl- man swirl down the drain.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    doogie said:

Seahawks let their player's individual future political agenda''s overshadow and detract from the football team.

Pete lost control.

Seattle will now follow San Francisco in a slow tidy-bowl- man swirl down the drain.

CHRIST
  • Options
    edited August 2017

salemcoog said:

Which brings me back around to my original question - when does it become ok to be critical of the organization? We have a good organization now, shouldn't it be ok to expect more now, or because it once was a shitty organization, we just have to take what we get no matter what because of a Super Bowl three years ago?

Just feels un half brain like to give PCJS a constant free pass just because the team used to suck. Peterman just won the Pac-10 and made the playoff, and he still gets tons of grief on here for recruiting misses, Malloe, etc. - and I assume he will still get that even if he wins multiple natties. That's the difference I'm trying to figure out.
    You can be critical all you want. And I'm really in the same boat as you as a Packer Fan. They have a top 3 overall record in McCarthys last 9 years but it's mostly because their QB is a fucking unicorn who covers up their shitty Special teams, defense and running game. And He saves their ass most every week. I think they could have another Lombardi trophy with a better Coach and GM if not 2.

For the Seahawks, it's an absolute refusal to go get quality lineman. But Carroll is still a top 5 coach in the league. Maybe you run Schneider but it would be foolish to run Pete.

And as far as the Coach Pete comparison, that doesn't apply IMO.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

Pete lost control.

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/categories/general
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    Standard Supporter
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

You can be critical all you want. And I'm really in the same boat as you as a Packer Fan. They have a top 3 overall record in McCarthys last 9 years but it's mostly because their QB is a fucking unicorn who covers up their shitty Special teams, defense and running game. And He saves their ass most every week. I think they could have another Lombardi trophy with a better Coach and GM if not 2.

For the Seahawks, it's an absolute refusal to go get quality lineman. But Carroll is still a top 5 coach in the league. Maybe you run Schneider but it would be foolish to run Pete.

And as far as the Coach Pete comparison, that doesn't apply IMO.
    Malik McDowell, so far special. Just what you want out of your early second round pick. I mean his resume was impeccable!